It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Say hello to another couple dozen "extremists" who will vow to "watch America/the West burn, Allah-willing"

Then watch an Obama drone strike take em out....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I don't need to live in Europe to know that is a sad state of mind to have. The 85 dead had nothing to with what some have done in Europe. The logic you are presenting is exactly what isis wants, they want muslims to be hated by others so they can recruit them easier.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Involutionist

US airstrikes, creating radical terrorists since 2001.

Critical thought tells me that if the people got sick of it they would have an easier chance of getting rid of ISIS in their own countries then try to take on the US Military and win/ live. I am not justifying the deaths of innocent civilians but I can also understand that mistakes are made as those people hide among the population.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That was retaliation. Looks like Crimson are throwing a strop again.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

As in they will get tired of getting bombed by the US and will fight isis to get it to stop?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Brotherman

As in they will get tired of getting bombed by the US and will fight isis to get it to stop?

I've heard oxymorons before, but this is priceless

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Sad but I dont think there will be very much sorrow in Europe becouse of this. People just see it as 85 less rape u gees and killers. Sad sad world.

Sad indeed. Especially since # like this likely gives birth to even more #.

In the beginning of this vicious circle it was envisioned that the ME would eventually catch up, learn and adapt, and draw closer to the principles of the West.

When I read your comments, it sadly seems like it's the other way around.
edit on 20-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Will anyone be held accountable for human rights violations? DOUBTFUL

Sadly, what you suggest is the unfortunate truth. As Amnesty International, many other human rights watch groups, along with global citizens who are aware have detailed in the recent years; Western atrocities will continue to fly under the radar because many in the world condone such behaviour due to blind patriotism.

Unfortunately, these occurrences become justified by those who ignore the obvious. The psychology of wilful blindness is a major contributor to forming apathy.

Also, there are many people in the world whose only source of geopolitical understanding arises from what is spoon fed to them from the media. Therefore, government controlled media would not dare expose the West as being part of the evil and committing inhumane acts intentionally - it is always an "accident". The false narrative of the West always being the good guys must be perpetuated in order for geopolitical interest and agendas to be pushed forward. The soldiers and those who fight for the West and those who suffer from blind patriotism must always be made to believe they are on the side of good. It worked for the Germans and other regimes throughout history...

This statement posted online earlier today seems to sum matters up:

This video tweet captures the human element. *WARNING: heartbreaking and graphic*

twitter.com...

edit on 20-7-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Why oh why does this keep happening with US forces ? Not being awful here but this isn't the first time and not in the first "war". Friendly fire and the like seems to be the warcry for US military! Not good at all considering the technology at their disposal

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Because smart bombs are only as good as the Intel used to decide where we drop them. With all the calls of 'taking the kid gloves off' that we are seeing from some of our leaders I have a bad feeling things like this will only get worse if we really do that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This happens in war, certainly in a dirty war like this one.
There are a lot more civilians that lost their life in this war, hundreds of thousands at the hands of IS or barrel bombs from Assad, Russian carpet bombs.
To single out this US air strike is at best anti US sentiment in the light of the above.

Europe is not indifferent to refugees, Syrians get asylum within Europe.
They are certainly not seen as 'rape u gees and killers'.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sad but I dont think there will be very much sorrow in Europe becouse of this. People just see it as 85 less rape u gees and killers. Sad sad world.

It's a sad world if people do not feel sorrow for the killing of innocent people, including children.
It's a sad world when someone even thinks that people will not feel sorrow for the killing of innocent people, including children.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They never were targeting isis, I guess it beats bombing empty desert.

"it's very encouraging to me that Joe Biden is the incoming vice president. He has been the prime proponent of a decentralized Iraq. And although in the campaign Senator McCain described his plan as, I think, a cockamamie idea, it is in fact what the Bush administration has done in part. The Bush administration, in 2007, decided to finance a Sunni army, which is the Awakening. And that's why we've had success. Biden would only take this a next step and encourage the Sunnis to form their own region" -- Peter Galbraith, senior diplomatic fellow at the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, National Public Radio All Things Considered, November 12, 2008

Partition Plan

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I agree but they have raped and killed as well as spreading disease all over Europe, Europe could not care less

You do not represent all Europe, thankfully, as I am European and I do care for them.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I wonder how many people will put the Syrian flag on their Facebook profile photo?

Not that I use it often, but I notice people are quick to put up the French Tricolour, but not a Middle East country's flag.

People say, well it's war. I say, well it isn't what the people have created.

I feel you!

A lot of people are socially engineered through media to only express their compassion and empathy thru hashtags and the colours of a flag for their profile pic towards who they are told to sympathize with. This is a good thing and should continue to be encouraged to promote unity and global patriotism.

Media controls a lot of people's world views because sadly it is many people's only source of information. The good news is: there are a lot of well informed people in the world who source their information from more sophisticated means. Better yet, there are those sweet souls who actually try to make a difference beyond discussing it on a social media. However, discussing it on social media on sites such as ATS helps bring people up to par and into the light.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Isis militant and extremists and radical Muslims kill 80 in France, 20+ pages of outrage and enough flags to make front page.

US military, with massive cache of satellites, drones, and agencies who's job it is to do nothing but gather Intel, kills 60 in Syria, 2 pages of ambiguous 'sympathy' and thread slowly fades into obscurity

its too bad history is written by the victors. otherwise I can't imagine the next generations ever reading of atrocities like this in the history books. just another one swept under the proverbial rug of 'greater good'.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well it only took a few post to get a post saying that it is just 80 less rapist that are dead now so that is pretty telling.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
To single out this US air strike is at best anti US sentiment in the light of the above.

I would say it's more 'anti-war'
and 'anti-civilian/children killings on accident with no apology, possibly creating more terrorists in the process' sentiment.
Most here see right through this war.
It's been going on for too long (most of my adult life) and it has got worse, not better.
Yet, more of the same will be done and it will continue to get worse until the peoples voices are heard loud and clear that we don't want this war anymore.
Media manipulation and propaganda, possibly false flags will most likely drive more ignorant americans to hate, though.
Sad really...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

And the parents of those children will work their way over here and to other first world countries, keeping in mind that event.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I agree but they have raped and killed as well as spreading disease all over Europe, Europe could not care less

You do not represent all Europe, thankfully, as I am European and I do care for them.

Never said I was, but thats the feeling here in Europe, I dont like it but thats the way it is. Please read what I write not what you think I write, as a MOD you should know better than do ing that

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join