It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

He signs off on them sure, and I would doubt it is every single one of them. But how is it not the fault of the people who gave him the Intel? Should he have known the info was bad and not authorized it?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Drone strikes and airstrikes require HUMINT not ELINT which is their primary choice for targeting.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Didn't answer my question, should have obama known the info was bad and not authorized the strike? Or did he trust his military, which you accuse him of not, and went with their advice?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I believe your question was answered I stated he is in fact relying on his own CABINET ,not military so in my opinion he is in error and we NOW see the result of hitting a target without eyes on it.
edit on 21-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

K just do all you can go shift any blame from the military, got it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80Sorry ,I don't care what you believe.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: imod02
Sad but I dont think there will be very much sorrow in Europe becouse of this. People just see it as 85 less rape u gees and killers. Sad sad world.

And they are right. With everything Muslims have been doing to the west lately, I feel no sympathy. Call me an islamophobe or whatever but I don't care.

I would hazard a guess that all these people you hate for nothing more than your opinion formed from news media that these people have far more humanity than you ever will.....you feel no sympathy because you are hateful and feel justified in your hate ...in other words hate is the vehicle that drives you ....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Feelings mutual, sorry I was asked you how it is only obama and his admins fault and not the the military officials that gave them the info. Guess they should have known it was bad.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I thought it was Allan's will? Why are they upset, they have just gone to a better place where the dead children can be married.

As for Asaad, the war would be over tomorrow if he flew to Russia and lived coldly ever after.

It BS anyway, they are all terrorists are Muslims, all of them are sleepers waiting for Allan's call, from whichever brand of Alan they believe, when he calls they will come out shooting and stabbing.

It's time to eradicate a religion,

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
That's what happens when you have the State Dept run the war.

For 8 yrs, Obama hasn't let the pentagon do their jobs.

Gen. Clinton was the worst.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
USA supported rebels did in fact behead an 11 year old boy for spying.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The trouble is people want a nice clean PC war, such a thing does not happen.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Absolutely agree.
It has to be done differently though. What we (and other countries) have been doing does not work and seems to actually be counterproductive.
I have no idea how to stop it peacefully.. maybe try and find a way to 'win over the hearts' of the average citizen there somehow?
actual soldiers there, instead of dropping bombs?
Stop arming them/their enemies, thats for sure, but other than that, what can we do?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

No people don't want 85 innocent people killed, if that is being pc then I am fine with that.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

And they are right. With everything Muslims have been doing to the west lately, I feel no sympathy. Call me an islamophobe or whatever but I don't care.

It is quite obvious you do not care for the loss of human life and suffering. It is clear as day that you lack sympathy and empathy. You are entitled to think and feel the way you do, even if it displays ignorance, a lack of humanity and demonstrates hate. After all, to deny you that right within my own mind would make me a hypocrite.

a reply to: Forensick

I thought it was Allan's will? Why are they upset, they have just gone to a better place where the dead children can be married. As for Asaad, the war would be over tomorrow if he flew to Russia and lived coldly ever after. It BS anyway, they are all terrorists are Muslims, all of them are sleepers waiting for Allan's call, from whichever brand of Alan they believe, when he calls they will come out shooting and stabbing. It's time to eradicate a religion,

Forensick, you as well are entitled to think and feel the way you do, even if too displays ignorance, a lack of humanity and demonstrates hate.

Dear PorteurDeMort and Forensick, I too am entitled to my thoughts about others, just like you both are.

Based on your thoughts you both have shared: You two possess the same mindset of the radical Islamist you oppose. You two project bias, ignorance, bigotry, and hate. Those who lead unfulfilled lives are the ones who usually do so.

Perhaps, the both of you are simply using social media to project (escape) your feelings of non- fulfillment in life by addressing humanitarian issues in the insensitive way you have? Perhaps, it is simply misplaced anger for more deeper and personal issues?

The both of you give me the impression that you are still young, as in your early 20's. Perhaps I am wrong in my assumption of your ages. However, if you two are grown adults, older than the age I suspect, and possess the thoughts that you have expressed, than maybe everything I stated above is true. If so, I wish you both much peace, harmony, and unbounded success in your personal lives that perhaps one day empathy and love for all humanity will enter your hearts.

Take care.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Now there is no other way than to liberate Syria and Iraq, it is not counterproductive because IS has been largely defeated.
What we absolutely must do, -and i hope Russia, the US and the EU have been discussing this- is providing help to both countries to rebuild it after the war.

I'm sure that those who are bombing targets within Syria and Iraq are not laughing, but one cannot reason with the enemy, inaction from the western side paves the way for IS to continue their slaughtering and war against the Syrians and Iraqi people.

Even if that means more attacks within the EU because many muslims seem to stand behind IS and dislike our western lifestyle.

During WW2 the allied forces also bombed us in order to liberate the Netherlands and other countries.
many civilians died during those bombings, including children, but inaction from the allied forces would have given Hitler a sure victory.

The question in my view is, where did it go wrong?
The answer is obviously tied to two wars which were fought in the eighties and nineties.

1) Russia invaded and destroyed Afghanistan, the US provided weapons and assistance to the Afghan people which enabled them to eventually defeat the russians, but during this 10 years of war, Afghanistan was largely destroyed.
We (and with that i mean 'the world') should have taken our responsibility and help the afghan people to rebuild their country.
But we didn't, because of our inaction extremists were able to form groups and grow until the mid nineties when they were strong enough to take over the country and establish a harsh islamic regime.
During the reign of the taliban, al qaeda had trainingcamps within Afghanistan, our inaction after the taliban seized power has led to 9/11.
Pim Fortuyn (our would be PM) said at the time, "let's not go to war and drop bombs on innocent people", but that is exactly what the US did with a 'you're either with us or against us' mentality.
War on terror had started.

2) In august 1990 Saddam hussein invaded Kuwait but the gulf states have weapons and military protection from the US in exchange for the petrodollar.
Iraq was given an ultimatum, they had to retreat their army forces and be out of Kuwait at Jan 15, 1991.
They did not and therefore the US invaded Iraq.
Saddam should have been forced to step down in 1991, but the US left him in power and simply sanctioned Iraq for years to come.
After the iraq war, the rebellion from the iraqi people against Saddam Hussein was defeated, they obviously thought they would be helped by the US forces, but that did not happen.
In 2002 the US removed him from power, based on false powell points and it had caused many civilian lives.

The good part is that both Afghanistan and Iraq were receiving the necessary help in order to build up their society again but by that time an extreme version of islam was planted deeply within the islamic community.
It has been spread widely because extremists were able to poison the minds of young muslims within Europe.
In 2004 Theo van Gogh was killed by a member of the hofstadgroup which consisted of young muslims who had been indoctrinated by an extremist.
More saddening is that many imams who are invited to Europe are extremists, hence it should not be a surprise to anyone, that islam has a hugh negative reputation currently.

Either the extremists teach the real islam, then we should stop saying that islam is a religion of peace and remove islam from our society.
If that is not real islam, than muslims should cleanse their religion from these extremists and teach the real islam instead of hate.

What we can do is learn from our mistakes, be there for our fellow humans in Iraq and Syria, help them with food and medicines and with rebuilding their country after this war.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I agree, it looks like all these problems result from the "west" acting as if they have only one enemy at a time, so when they think they have identified it they do all they can against that particular enemy (real or imagined) and ignore all possible consequences of their actions for the rest of the world, so they create new enemies each time they are going against the enemy that's the "flavour of the week".

As for eliminating the extremists, that's easier said than done, as it's extremely hard to eliminate a way of thinking, for that those that follow that way of thinking must be shown that they are wrong, and that's only possible by a slow learning process, as you cannot force people to change the way they think.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I feel the same way.
For the record, the two points you referenced, are what I was referring to as counterproductive.
Arm rebels, kill terrorists, arm rebels, kill terrorists.
The terrorist group name changes and grows, but our tactics have stayed the same

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Jason W was one of the members of the hofstadgroep, he threw a grenade to the police when they tried to arrest him in 2003.
But while in jail, through self study he completely changed his thinking.
It can be done but it is down to the islamic community, each individual muslim to bring about that change.

The fact that we cannot force to change the way they think means that we have been reluctant to do so, let sanity prevail.
But sanity seems absent, the extreme views have gained popularity up to the point that muslims commit bloody attacks against us.
The reason? we bomb in Iraq and Syria, so apparently we should let IS slaughter the Iraqi people and Syrian people to keep muslims within our borders satisfied.
I've seen tens of thousands muslims march through our streets against Israel and for Palestine.
I've yet to see the first muslim march through our street against IS, in fact i've seen the opposite, muslims favor IS and that is quite scary.
The wall is going to turn the ship around eventually and it seems that the ship is close to the wall currently.
After pegida came the soldiers of odin, far right is on the rise in Europe.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
After pegida came the soldiers of odin, far right is on the rise in Europe.

And, from a conspiracy theorist point of view (I sometimes do that), that makes me think this is one of the reasons why they let things go this far, to allow a rise of the far right and nationalism movements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join