It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baton Rouge Shooter Gavin Eugene Long Was Nation Of Islam Member

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, that's really just your opinion and viewpoint. Others disagree. I have seen subjects covered in the past with three or four threads. Each one had something it focused on and it didn't appear to hinder anybody's discussion. I think it helps to have thoroughness and sometimes one thread can get too bulky.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good point, and "on topic".

What's the topic?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Former member of the Nation of Islam, before he was killed by the police that is.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Good point, and "on topic".

What's the topic?

The RNC starts tomorrow.

What will the protestors say?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Former member of the Nation of Islam, before he was killed by the police that is.

He also claimed to be a former Christian.

I suppose both claims will hold weight, depending on the political lean of the recipient.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Oh God please. If you read his description on Amazon and his sites, his major characteristic was grandiosity.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I suppose both claims will hold weight, depending on the political lean of the recipient.

He marched to his own drum....My guess is that he was "radicalized" while "living like a king" in Africa, after discovering his royal Ethiopian lineage, lol...(I've seen some Ethiopian gods and goddesses, and he a'int close to being that regal!)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: introvert

He marched to his own drum....My guess is that he was "radicalized" while "living like a king" in Africa, after discovering his royal Ethiopian lineage, lol...(I've seen some Ethiopian gods and goddesses, and he a'int close to being that regal!)

Exactly! I wouldn't blame his Christian roots or his ties to the Nation of Islam.

This was an act of the individual. Too many people are using this to push a political agenda and I find it to be disgusting and disrespectful.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think most of us that you find disgusting and disrespectful are troubled by the rhetoric that BLM is spewing that seems to have certainly helped spur the last two attacks against police.

When you're saying that all cops are bad, that cops are murdering black people, and allowing people in your little city hikes to chant and hold signs about killing pigs, you are helping to radicalize these nutjobs.

When you have BLM leaders on Twitter making disgusting statements they are contributing. When BLM adopted a slogan by a known cop killer who escaped prison, they are complicit.

Of course not all of BLM is bad. They are very troubling though, and so is the acceptance of these "fringe" elements.

Think about a Trump pride parade allowing the KKK to attend.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

When you have BLM leaders on Twitter making disgusting statements they are contributing. When BLM adopted a slogan by a known cop killer who escaped prison, they are complicit.

Guilt by association.

No matter what the original intent was of BLM - - it has been adopted/hi-jacked by those of nefarious purpose and intent.

The second that presidential candidate said, "All Lives Matter" - - - and got "shut down" for it - - - I knew BLM was gonna escalate.

IMO - - - it should have been stopped dead in its tracks right then and there.

Now what?

edit on 17-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Attention.

Please stay on topic. The topic is based upon the OP.

The topic is not about the the member who posted this thread, why they posted this thread, or if they should have posted this thread.

As a side note: Please do report things to us if you think there is an issue. Do not talk about it in a thread. That's off topic.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I think most of us that you find disgusting and disrespectful are troubled by the rhetoric that BLM is spewing that seems to have certainly helped spur the last two attacks against police.

It's not just BLM that are spitting despicable rhetoric and hate. A bit of honesty is required to see that.

When you're saying that all cops are bad, that cops are murdering black people, and allowing people in your little city hikes to chant and hold signs about killing pigs, you are helping to radicalize these nutjobs.

I have not said all cops are bad.

Of course not all of BLM is bad. They are very troubling though, and so is the acceptance of these "fringe" elements.

Is that a self-proclaimed contradiction?

Think about a Trump pride parade allowing the KKK to attend.

I don't know about the KKK, but calls of "seig heil" have been heard at his rallies...correct?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"Pigs In A Blanket---Fry 'Em Like Bacon!"
"What Do We Want?---DEAD COPS!"

By his actions...THIS guy seems affiliated.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I have not said all cops are bad.

I never said you did.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
"Pigs In A Blanket---Fry 'Em Like Bacon!"
"What Do We Want?---DEAD COPS!"

By his actions...THIS guy seems affiliated.

Affiliated with whom?

BLM?

Islam?

Right Wing, Sovereign Citizens?

Christians?

Military vets?

He is either connected to or has claimed to have been connected to all of those groups.

Which fits your political narrative?
edit on 17-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No matter what the original intent was of BLM - - it has been adopted/hi-jacked by those of nefarious purpose and intent.

I was fine with it when it started. I'm not anymore. Reminds me of some other stuff, Tea Party, Occupy...

I'm quite sure there are a ton of people in the group that are wonderful peace loving people. The group needs to do something about the bad element and soon.

No more highways, no more chants about killing cops, no more instigating.

They need to denounce groups like the new black panthers. Those morons want violence.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Good digging and find, Xuenhen! That would explain why I haven't seen anything where The Nation of Islam (led by Louis Farrakhan) has condemned any of the recent or past murders of policemen...ever.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Connect the source of the words to the source of the actions.
Did vets, Christians, Islam, Right Wing make those statements?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join