It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baton Rouge Shooter Gavin Eugene Long Was Nation Of Islam Member

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Apparently the Baton Rouge killer has been identified as one Gavin Eugene Long.

All kinds of stories circulating about who he was and why he did it, and who he was affiliated with.

The Daily Caller has some interesting info.

True or False is the issue.

MSM botching up the whole dialog ?

Baton Rouge Shooter Gavin Eugene Long Was Nation Of Islam Member, Railed Against ‘Crackers’ On YouTube Channel [VIDEO]

A Youtube account operated by Gavin Eugene Long and discovered by The Daily Caller reveals key insight into what might have motivated the 29-year-old black man who killed three Baton Rouge police officers Sunday morning.

Videos on Long’s account show that he was a former Nation of Islam member. He also ranted against “crackers” and made references to Alton Sterling, the black man killed by police in Baton Rouge on July 5.

Other information about Long shows that the Kansas City native, who CBS reported was honorably discharged from the Marines in 2010, went by the name Cosmo Ausar Setepenra.

edit on Sun Jul 17 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: title snipped

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What difference, at this point, does it make?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This sounds like a straight up hate crime.

I wonder if the 'Divider in Chief' will call it such?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Let's combine BLM with Islam now, these false flag think tanks are getting smarter by the day apparently.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Seems like friction between Blacks and police was worse during the 60s and 70s.

Or maybe it just seems like its on the rise because everything is being recorded and the media loves to scare the public.

For example, anti-cop songs are not uncommon in rap.

The NWA's contribution came in the late 80s.

edit on 17-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Seems like friction between Blacks and police was worse during the 60s and 70s.

Or maybe it just seems like its on the rise because everything is being recorded.

It was to an extent.

But today's impact is stronger.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

“It’s justice. You know what I’m saying?” Long said in one video defending Johnson’s attack.

I got no words for this.

I just don't.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think they are trying to make it seem like he was part of the sovereign citizens movement, when in actuality he is part of the Black Separatist movement.

It seems like the media and the government are trying to keep certain kinds of information from being revealed and are allowing wrong speculations to take root.

A specific example of a separatist movement is the Pan-Africanism movement (wiki). Remember the picture of the Dallas shooter wearing the Pan-African garb?

We may have an organized terrorist group on our soil, and the government doesn't want the rest of us all stirred up about it. Guard your 2A.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was around for the Watts riots.... that was massive, lots of damage, lots of coverage and it left Watts a pariah, no sane white person traveled through there for at least a decade. I lived about 50 miles from there.

edit on 17-7-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69

Let's combine BLM with Islam now, these false flag think tanks are getting smarter by the day apparently.

This may be what's happening. A faction of BLM may be splintered off, hooking up with the Nation of Islam, maybe the more militant New Black Panthers, and organizing and militarizing. Guard your 2A.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Get out of here Hillary!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Does anybody know if Gavin Long belonged to the Ready Reserves....specifically the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve)?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
He also claimed in one of his videos to be a Christian as well as a former member of the Nation of Islam.

edit on 17-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Putting the whole "U.S.-Racism" thing aside for a second...

Did anyone notice the abrupt change from "lighthearted" travelling pictures and videos from Egypt, Uganda and Ghana to suddenly only videos about police violence / power abuse after his return to the U.S.?

(heavy change of focus to negativity)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I really think that a lot of this has to do with people wanting to feel like they're part of something. With all the rapid fire sharing of events and comments that fan the flames before facts are out (I'm guilty) I think people get angrier over smaller and isolated events.

In the 60's cops would be running over black people, beating the absolute crap out of them, hitting them with fire hoses, letting dogs gnaw on them etc. Now protesters have a hissy fit if a cop gently arrests one of their ilk.

They may be angry, but I think a lot of these folks dial up the reasonable anger to the point where they actually compare police shootings to genocide (which is ridiculous). Sure, I think there are issues with policing and race at the moment. I don't think you're seeing very many police shootings that are race motivated though. Most of the guys these people freak out about are scumbags and they go from 0-60 based on NOTHING.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

Putting the whole "U.S.-Racism" thing aside for a second...

Did anyone notice the abrupt change from "lighthearted" travelling pictures and videos from Egypt, Uganda and Ghana to suddenly only videos about police violence / power abuse after his return to the U.S.?

(heavy change of focus to negativity)

When did he serve his tour oversees as part of the military?

Before or after his time in Africa?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join