It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Press conference recap:

Call about a man with a gun at 0840. BRPD officers observed the subject and engaged. 0842 shots fired call. 0844 first officer down call. 0846 gunfight continues as additional units arrive. 0848 first EMS units arrived and staged outside the hot zone. BRPD and BRSD shot and killed shooter at the same time stamp.

Three officers, two from BRPD and one BRSD are dead. One BRSD deputy is critical. One BRSD deputy and one BRPD officer are stable with non life threatening injuries.

Louisiana State Police are lead investigative agency. No active shooter situation. Believe the only suspect that engaged law enforcement was killed. Multiple open leads. US Marshals, ATF, and FBI are helping run down leads and evidence trails. No comment on the witness statement about a man running away with a gun, or any other witness statement or any of the leads being worked. No questions taken, another press conference tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yup, they are moving towards the 'lone gunman' scenario. Color me not surprised.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

they arrested a 12 year old last week,him and his friends, they were going to shoots those cops...there.. same area ....what happened today
edit on 17-7-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Press conference recap:

Call about a man with a gun at 0840. BRPD officers observed the subject and engaged. 0842 shots fired call. 0844 first officer down call. 0846 gunfight continues as additional units arrive. 0848 first EMS units arrived and staged outside the hot zone. BRPD and BRSD shot and killed shooter at the same time stamp.

Three officers, two from BRPD and one BRSD are dead. One BRSD deputy is critical. One BRSD deputy and one BRPD officer are stable with non life threatening injuries.

Louisiana State Police are lead investigative agency. No active shooter situation. Believe the only suspect that engaged law enforcement was killed. Multiple open leads. US Marshals, ATF, and FBI are helping run down leads and evidence trails. No comment on the witness statement about a man running away with a gun, or any other witness statement or any of the leads being worked. No questions taken, another press conference tomorrow.

Thanks for the recap. In essence a lone gunman scenario, more will come to light of course.

EDIT: Just a thought, but if there were an exchange of fire previous to the LEO involvement, that would be the man running away with gun report I imagine.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As a Louisiana native, I'm simply at a loss for words. It's a state that has endured and survived so much and come out better on the other side each time. The grim faces at that presser rivaled only those seen after Katrina. Never have I seen officials get up and use the word "pray" so much, not even after Katrina or Gustav or Andrew. I guess that's all that's left is to pray. Can't seem to fix this # and it doesn't seem to have an end. At least a Hurricane or other natural disaster has a start and stop time. Where the hell is the end of this nightmare? PRAY.
edit on 7/17/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

2016-07-17 at 11:34 56 am

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

The scanner said 3 shooters multiple times when it was all unfolding

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Yup, they are moving towards the 'lone gunman' scenario. Color me not surprised.

Moving towards? Law enforcement hasn't ever said anything BUT one shooter. And they also haven't said nobody else was involved, simply that only one person exchanged fire with law enforcement. The initial call was ONE person. Not TWO people with guns.

Loosen up your tin foil.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
News is reporting Gavin Long of Kansas City is the shooter.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: neo96
Press conference, and the President is suppose to speak.

Speaking of Federal interference, why does Obama feel the need to add his two cents every time something like this happens?

I think he is beginning to feel the heat. He has been highly criticized for his rhetoric. Out of one side of his mouth he criticizes the killing of cops, then he always adds a "but"....

He needs to stand strong and squarely on the side of law enforcement and condemn BLM and all other groups that are stirring up hate and revenge.

I hope he does. He must surely feel in some way responsible given his hateful rhetoric after the past few events.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

source, confirm?

i heard Missouri, Mississippi,

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: roadgravel

source, confirm?

i heard Missouri, Mississippi,

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
As being reported locally

AM 760 KFMB ?@760kfmb 7m7 minutes ago #BatonRouge suspect--Gavin Eugene Long, a black male from K.C. Long was also a former Marine.

www.cbsnews.com...

BATON ROUGE, La. -- The deceased suspect in the deadly shooting of Baton Rouge law enforcement officers appeared to have attacked police on his 29th birthday, CBS News has learned.
Manhunt continues after Baton Rouge police shooting

The suspect has been identified as a black male named Gavin Eugene Long of Kansas City, Missouri, sources tell CBS News. He was born on July 17, 1987.

edit on 7/17/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sure glad I waited till page twenty two to find out We Know Nothing, except three officers killed.

I just channel hopped the main stream and they are having their little panels, showing a street scene over and over that also shows nothing.

Press conference tomorrow/ Gee I can hardly wait.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Kkansas City, Missouri

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wall Street Journal

-Missouri Man Suspected in the Shootings Was Killed, According to Person Briefed on Investigation

-Suspect Killed Was Affiliated With New Freedom Group, an Anti-Government Group, According to Person Briefed on Investigation

-Two Others Involved in the Shooting Were Captured Across the Mississippi River From Baton Rouge

I know on the scanner they were looking for a black vehicle with two black males with pistols. This is the first I've heard of two more being captured.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

thx.

smh

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Goes to the Missouri rumor. But they may have picked up the rumor. Interesting. What news?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Two in for questioning at state police. The two who bought and changed clothes at Walmart and had TX plates. Brought in by Addis police on a tip reported to the police of someone observing them at Walmart.
edit on 7/17/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It happened six hours ago. It's an active investigation. Did you expect everything to be done already?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join