It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yep. Heard sheriff, state police, BRPD, FBI, Addis PD, and US Marshall so far.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Isn't there a rule regarding federal intervention in local and state cases? I think there is, have no clue as to whether the rule has been circumvented though.

Yes, it used to be that the Feds could only investigate crime if it had an interstate character or if it happened on Federal property. But they have ignored that one for a long time.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Media just put out the narrative that this was organized by the sovereign citizens movement

Link??

No one with any sense, and with any knowledge of what a sovereign citizen is, believes this BS.

link   
a reply to: Annee

That's what I thought you were going for, prevention is not something cops can be reasonably expected to do. They would get sued like crazy as Shamrock pointed out.

I'll shut up about it now though.
edit on 1720160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: starviego

Isn't there a rule regarding federal intervention in local and state cases? I think there is, have no clue as to whether the rule has been circumvented though.

Yes, it used to be that the Feds could only investigate crime if it had an interstate character or if it happened on Federal property. But they have ignored that one for a long time.

That doesn't seem right then. It would be easily proven though, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The Advocate is reporting they've been told by multiple sources that the dead shooter is from Missouri.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Annee

That's what I thought you were going for, prevention is not something cops can be reasonably expected to do. They would get sued like crazy as Shamrock pointed out.

It's a convo I've had before. I knew I was right. Thanks for the source.

I'll shut up about it now though.

Me too.

edit on 17-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I'm watching MSNBC.

That's what the reporter said in a on a cellphone

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: crazyewok

We can discuss the systemic issues that have lead to the place we are at in a different thread.

Slightly over 1% of all police-public encounters involve any force. Not lethal force, but ANY force. Over 85% of people who made a call for service report being satisfied with the police response, and that number doesn't vary more than a percentage point or two across racial lines. Nine out of ten people who made a call for service are just as likely or more likely to call the police when they need help again.

But if you want to take the literal handful of questionable or bad shootings and declare them to be representative of policing in the US as a whole, that's your own logical fallacy. Facts don't support it.

As I said there is more to it than stats.

It a public image problem.

If there wasn't a problem with police then there wouldn't be shootings like this.

UK blacks are not attacking UK police. Nor are blacks in most other white country's.

How is it that you think you know about the troubles here? Facebook? Huff post? You can't believe all you read in the yellow press and you can't believe anything you see on our big news stations.
Have you been to Baton Rouge? If you had, you would love the local PD and keep them on speed dial.

I'm sure most US police departments are great.

Im not condoning these attacks as innocent police officers are getting caught up for things a few bad police officers have done.

But a few bad police departments have caused very bad publicity overall.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Press conference, and the President is suppose to speak.

4:00 and the second one at 4:30.

twitter.com...

I really want to hear the first one.

Dreading the second.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Feds can investigate whenever local and/or state requests their assistance. That's why a street crimes task force can have FBI agents on it: a local authority invited them to join the task force, because they have more resources. That doesn't mean the FBI is running the task force and heading all investigations that the task force is involved in.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Shamrock6
That does not equate to there not being a duty to the public at large to enforce laws and make arrests, ergo protecting the public.

Isn't that what I said.

There job is to enforce laws and make arrests?

Yes. However the "they don't have to protect you!!11!1!" trope is a common one on ATS, and frequently twisted. I felt the clarification was merited.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Speaking of Federal interference, why does Obama feel the need to add his two cents every time something like this happens?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Speaking of Federal interference, why does Obama feel the need to add his two cents every time something like this happens?

I think he is beginning to feel the heat. He has been highly criticized for his rhetoric. Out of one side of his mouth he criticizes the killing of cops, then he always adds a "but"....

He needs to stand strong and squarely on the side of law enforcement and condemn BLM and all other groups that are stirring up hate and revenge.

link   

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join