It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's V.P. Address- Objectives First? -Nope. Mostly blasting the opposition.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: UKTruth

I totally agree. He should use them more because he sucks at just talking off the cuff. The reason he sounds smart when using a teleprompter is because those are carefully crafted speeches using the words of a speech writer instead of what comes to his mind randomly.

He has been using them more too. Even in spite of him speaking out against using them. Which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that he knows WTF he's doing.

His "Great Brain" and "Best Words" aren't exactly shinning through when he relies on them all by themselves.

I think for some people - and he seems one of them - off the cuff speaking and thinking on your feet does not come easily.
It's often not a sign of intelligence though. I have known people that are brilliant speakers but couldn't get anything done in a million years and those that literally dribble in fear when it comes to public speaking but can move heaven and earth to achieve a goal.

For Trump he needs to stick firmly to 3 or 4 points maximum and just learn them off by heart and not stray a bit from the message because if you take the personalities and emotion out of the equation and just judged the platform I think he'd win in a landslide. He won't do it though - he'll continue as he is.

His big problem is going to come in the debates - he's liable to go into totally off topic subjects and confuse the hell out of people. If Clinton is smart she will just concede time to him and let him lead the debate.
edit on 16/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Of course he does. Like he knows the constitution right?
You know where he says he'll defend article 1, article 2, article 12.....when there is no article 12.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

What I mean is that it's hard to start using them and not come off looking hypocritical after making a statement like that.

But obviously he can't rely on just his "Great Brain and Best Words" alone because he comes off looking like a Bully and Xenophobic Prick when he does.

It would have been better if he'd not made that statement however, which was nothing more than his ego writing checks that even he can't cash.

The fact is, he needs a teleprompter more than anyone in order to make up for his lack of actual knowledge and ability to speak publicly.

I think hypocrisy is well established on both sides now. It almost doesn't matter anymore. It would take both candidates the rest of their lives to come up with some strategy to wind back all the inconsistencies.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I agree. One thing I learned about speaking in front of people is that if you want to do well you have to know your subject. I mean know all the ins and outs and every aspect of what it is you're talking about. Especially if there are questions being asked. Otherwise you stumble around and look stupid. Even if you don't have an answer you have to answer as to why you don't have an answer for that as of yet.

That's if you want to come across as knowing what you're talking about of course. The other method is what most politicians use which is that you learn clever methods of spinning the questions or redirecting your answers so that you never really address the questions and give no real information back in your answers. That is all just word play however and it only works for a short time. Usually just long enough for you to get out of there and on to your next appointment. However, people feel as if they got an answer until they actually think about it and realize they got nothing but noise.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

He sounds like he's reading when he uses a teleprompter. He's stiff and unnatural.
Hillary uses a teleprompter and still manages to sound animated and natural. She looks out over the audience. Nods acts engaged.
He...reads...like...a...robot...without ....emotion....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I think hypocrisy is well established on both sides now. It almost doesn't matter anymore. It would take both candidates the rest of their lives to come up with some strategy to wind back all the inconsistencies.

Very true. His problem is that he just talks too much and usually is just talking from his ego. If he'd shut up once and a while and not make such boastful statements he wouldn't be getting caught up later for it.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: neo96

Of course he does. Like he knows the constitution right?
You know where he says he'll defend article 1, article 2, article 12.....when there is no article 12.

There are several sources and many printed versions of the constitution that do actually refer to the amendments as articles (I think up to the 21st Amendment is referred to as an article of amendment, though a long time since I looked).

Anyway that kind of slip up (partial) speaks nothing to how well one knows the constitution. It's use as a hit tactic really doesn't work that well. It tends to be seized on by those that are already totally blinded by hate and just can't see straight. That is most certainly where you are right now, as is evidenced from all your posts.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Bombast sells. See Sam Kinnison. Trump is nothing if not an excellent salesman. This market is HUGE and diverse though. Like Sam, an acquired taste.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes I've noticed that. You can tell when he adds stuff in on the fly too because he goes from stiff reading to then looking at people and talking normal.

I imagine it's because he doesn't know the speech and is literally reading it for himself as well. The information is so heavy and new to him and unfamiliar that even if given the subject matter he couldn't wing it nearly well enough to make sense.

He's fine as long as it's just boasting about stuff and calling everyone stupid and claiming how great he is and how smart and successful he is. But when it comes to giving actual meaty content and facts and figures he can't do it because he doesn't know it.

Like him knowing more than the Generals. Sure he can say that, but actually backing up that statement he couldn't do in a thousand years.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Are you certain of that claim about hillary using uh because I listened to a few clips and I didn't hear it once.

m.youtube.com...

m.youtube.com...

Here's two. But please feel free to find your own examples.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I agree. One thing I learned about speaking in front of people is that if you want to do well you have to know your subject. I mean know all the ins and outs and every aspect of what it is you're talking about. Especially if there are questions being asked. Otherwise you stumble around and look stupid. Even if you don't have an answer you have to answer as to why you don't have an answer for that as of yet.

That's if you want to come across as knowing what you're talking about of course. The other method is what most politicians use which is that you learn clever methods of spinning the questions or redirecting your answers so that you never really address the questions and give no real information back in your answers. That is all just word play however and it only works for a short time. Usually just long enough for you to get out of there and on to your next appointment. However, people feel as if they got an answer until they actually think about it and realize they got nothing but noise.

Yes there is really no substitute for knowing a subject... interestingly Trump speaks very well when talking about construction and real estate which kind of emphasises the point. The second thing is enthusiasm for the subject. Got to have that and he does.

Whether it's wise to elect a person with little to no experience is the question America faces. It's that or the continuation of corruption and war. It's a tough choice. I don't actually envy Americans that choice.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Bombast sells. See Sam Kinnison. Trump is nothing if not an excellent salesman. This market is HUGE and diverse though. Like Sam, an acquired taste.

Clearly he's one of the best at selling himself, no argument there. The problem is going to be the Buyers Remorse for all those that get sold on the deal once it's done.

You think it sucks when you get sold a clunker by a slick salesman??? How bad are people going to feel when they get sold a busted out President with a whole term to live with???

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yeah that's it.

Rolls eyes...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Are you certain of that claim about hillary using uh because I listened to a few clips and I didn't hear it once.

m.youtube.com...

m.youtube.com...

Here's two. But please feel free to find your own examples.

They are teleprompted. Watch her interviews. Here's a telephone interview recently - she's even worse face to face in an interview. Monotone and I counted over 40 uh's in 3 minutes lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yeah that's it.

Rolls eyes...

You don't have to confirm it - it's clear from your posts

edit on 16/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Whether it's wise to elect a person with little to no experience is the question America faces. It's that or the continuation of corruption and war. It's a tough choice. I don't actually envy Americans that choice.

It's "The Evil you know vs. The Evil you Don't". So while I may not like what Clinton is going to do, I at least have a good idea of what it is she's going to do. With Trump you just don't know. So while I may not like what Clinton is going to do I can probably live through it and deal with it later if it goes her way. Plus there is the hope she may not do what I think or not do all of it and it won't actually be that bad.

Trump being a wild card, especially now with everything holding on by a thread is a problem. Some of what he wants to do, just like Hillary, I think is a terrible idea. But I'll probably live through it. Hopefully. But a major problem is that even his best selling points are starting to fail now. He was Mr. Anti-Establishment which was good, but now he's surrounding himself with all the Establishment Clowns and Establishment Power anyway. So his one good quality is quickly vanishing leaving just the cheap shell in it's place which I didn't like that part to begin with.

Those 3rd party choices are really looking good in comparison I'll tell you that.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
Big brass pair???
Not according to his tiny little hands...

If its not embarrassing to have to actively peruse the support of your party then how about he can't get anyone but his family to speak? He can't raise funds because no one wants to donate to him and he can't get talent to entertain at the convention?

Hillary has two presidents, a vice president, Michelle Obama, Bernie Sanders just to name a few. Entertainment includes Katy Perry, Elton John Jon Bon Jovi, Christina Aguilera and Stevie Wonder. Plus many others.
Her war chest has millions more than his because people actually want to donate to her campaign.

If he's not embarrassed, he should be.

Yeah not embarrassing at all.
edit on 7162016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It's "The Evil you know vs. The Evil you Don't". So while I may not like what Clinton is going to do, I at least have a good idea of what it is she's going to do. With Trump you just don't know. So while I may not like what Clinton is going to do I can probably live through it and deal with it later if it goes her way. Plus there is the hope she may not do what I think or not do all of it and it won't actually be that bad.

Trump being a wild card, especially now with everything holding on by a thread is a problem. Some of what he wants to do, just like Hillary, I think is a terrible idea. But I'll probably live through it. Hopefully. But a major problem is that even his best selling points are starting to fail now. He was Mr. Anti-Establishment which was good, but now he's surrounding himself with all the Establishment Clowns and Establishment Power anyway. So his one good quality is quickly vanishing leaving just the cheap shell in it's place which I didn't like that part to begin with.

Those 3rd party choices are really looking good in comparison I'll tell you that.

I feel your pain. It's a tough decision. We had something similar with Brexit. A step into the unknown and the removal of a safety net (at least a perceived safety net) vs accepting the trajectory we were on. Unfortunately there was no 3rd party in that choice. It was a very tough call to make in the end but despite the uncertainty, the path ahead at least feels wider.

I think it's becoming pretty clear that Trump will just be a populist figure head if he is President. Policy will be driven elsewhere though I suspect trump will be given one or two headline deliverables to shout about.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The debates are going to be tough for him without a teleprompter.
We'll see if he actually answers any questions or just deflects and bullys his way through.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The debates are going to be tough for him without a teleprompter.
We'll see if he actually answers any questions or just deflects and bullys his way through.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join