It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's V.P. Address- Objectives First? -Nope. Mostly blasting the opposition.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: mOjOm

The debates are going to be tough for him without a teleprompter.
We'll see if he actually answers any questions or just deflects and bullys his way through.

Hillary isn't Marco, et al. He tries that and she'll eat him up. Say whatever you want about her she is one helluva politician.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The debates are going to be tough for him without a teleprompter.
We'll see if he actually answers any questions or just deflects and bullys his way through.

Hillary isn't Marco, et al. He tries that and she'll eat him up. Say whatever you want about her she is one helluva politician.

Will be interesting to see. What is she going to do if Trump goes off piste, turns to her and simply asks her to explain to the American people why she lied to them. I am not sure how she will play it. She's floundered quite badly on TV interviews trying to answer far less harshly worded challenges than the words trump is likely to use.

It's going to be carnage. I can't see Trump doing well in the debates either ...
edit on 16/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

SNIP

But, then again, it follows your logic pattern. Trump's donations are from the people, the machine doesn't like him...obviously.

That's precisely why we do like him....Nice try though.

edit on 7/16/2016 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped off color coment not suitable for a family friendly site.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Trump's donations are from the people, the machine doesn't like him...obviously.

That's precisely why we do like him....Nice try though.

Well, you don't think his VP pick being tied to Koch dollars was just random now do you??? Pence is in real tight with Evangelicals and Big Oil. Those are two YUGE establishment cogs in the machine right there. Plus I'm pretty sure he's still trying to get some big money windfall from Adelson as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Just thinking back to Kennedy, Reagan, Carter, Clinton (Bill) and all the other Prez's during pre-elections days? I dont remember any of them spending any time in the close convention -pre-election days bashing and name calling the other guy.

It was always "what Im going to do when elected is..."...not opponent bashing. This time around, its intense. I swear, as long as Ive voted...its never been this bad and all about the other person.

It was always the issues and how each candidate if elected will handle them.

Thanks NW-MS

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Dear? (smile)...sounds like I dont HAVE to tell you! Ive always liked a kiss at least 1st before getting ------....but it just get worse for us all...every darn day.

Thanks Marg6043

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Just thinking back to Kennedy, Reagan, Carter, Clinton (Bill) and all the other Prez's during pre-elections days? I dont remember any of them spending any time in the close convention -pre-election days bashing and name calling the other guy.

It was always "what Im going to do when elected is..."...not opponent bashing. This time around, its intense. I swear, as long as Ive voted...its never been this bad and all about the other person.

It was always the issues and how each candidate if elected will handle them.

Thanks NW-MS

You nailed it. It's not what I can do, it's how much better I can diss you. That;s elementary school. People don't get that.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Stopping the opposition, is an objective...is it not?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Stopping the opposition, is an objective...is it not?

Who is the opposition?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Can't disagree with that observation.

Can you honestly say it doesn't reflect the current populace?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Anyone approaching being a conservative is going to get the usual left wing diatribe. It won't work on the majority though.

He could have picked the Pope and you'd have found issue with it.....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Anyone approaching being a conservative is going to get the usual left wing diatribe. It won't work on the majority though.

He could have picked the Pope and you'd have found issue with it.....

I'd take issue if he picked the pope for an entirely different reason. Although I kinda like this pope so the only think I'd make a fuss over is having a Religious Figure like that as VP. So you're wrong in that you're implying that I'm taking issue with Pence just because I want to and it doesn't matter who he picked, but you're wrong. Here are a list of reasons why I take issue with Pence though that I've already compiled which are perfectly valid reasons.

So you can dismiss me all you want, but that doesn't make it right. There are very clear reasons for me taking issue with him as a VP. Dismissing me only shows that you would rather ignore the problem rather than address it.

But this of course was about why Trump picked him and the fact you were implying that his donations were small donations from ordinary folk. Which some are of course. But that's only telling one side of it. The other side is him choosing Pence for some of that Koch money and Evangelical support. Then there is the whole kissing up to Adelson issue as well. All together it seems Mr. Anti-Establishment Trump is surrounding himself with some Big Establishment People and Groups now.
edit on 16-7-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Can you honestly blame the guy? I think people are tired of pussy footing around and playing games. He addressed the Big Problem first which is the Gov and their insistence on returning to the same muck year after year, with the same crappy alternatives to Leaders, who are mostly all related, year after year...

I say Kudo's to Trump! he's an ace speaker and knows how to get people to listen.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Such a literal campaign...

Donald: I'm going to Trump everything not myself and not be Pensive about it.

In other news... it's TP for all you bung holes.

I guess I'll just stop now... these are writing themselves.

edit on 17-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not really. Its to get the people to vote for you by promises to keep promises. Not the other guy's a liar, criminal, whatever. It was ALWAYS about what the candidate speaking and his chosen running mate will do to heal and forward the country.

Name calling Trump style was never a way to convince voters they are "the" correct choice. It was never like this...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I can honestly say yes and agree to that. Ive just been saying whats happened to the issues? The procedures to fix them if elected. It was never the bad mouthing.

Its about how they intend to correct the wrongs of the previous administration(s) with new ideas, plans. Not crazy talk about the other runner.

Time for the issues, and what the plans are for each candidate to change things.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I think he's a pretty lame orator. Not on topic, insults everyone, whine and jumps from issue and b--tch--- back to another subject altogether. At times, even Im embarrassed to say he's our leading choice. Im confident he'll piss off some 3rd world or foreign nutcase leader by some insult to them...perceived as such by his lack of diplomacy and minimal...minimal restraint.

He just keeps rattling insults. Its supposed to be about the issues. I dont want to hear about how much the madam's blazer costs. You think he's ever pumped his own gas or eaten Kraft Macaroni?

Or even knows what thats like?

**CORRECTION: Smooth Talker talking schmoose...not a lame orator. Not an orator in fact.
edit on 17-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The debates could go one of two ways; they might actually agree to go easy on each other, saving us the spectacle of a bloody insult war from Trump's side, and a far superior politically experienced and knowledgeable technical knockout from Hillary's side.

Or they both decide to fire away with everything they've got, in which case nothing will be left when they're done but two charred podiums, and perhaps Gary Johnson standing there grinning, still alive.

I keep wondering. How many times can you have the other side point out, correctly, that your candidate is a vile disgusting pig, a liar, should be in jail and sucks up to all the wrong people before you realize they're right?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: muse7
Last night while I was watching the Turkish coup attempt on CNN they cut to a commercial break...then an anti-trump ad comes on with him saying how he gets his military information from TV Shows..

Yeah ads against him basically write themselves at this point

7 Other Times President Obama Said He Found Out About World Events By Watching the News

Just like someone else eh.

Even though your point is a red herring, I agree.

If someone wouldn't vote for Obama for that very reason, they shouldn't vote for Trump either. They have too much in common in that regard, huh?

But obama is the sitting potus when he admitted that.

Doesn't he go to meetings?

And by "watching the news" did obama mean jon stewart?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Hillary's campaign already attacked Pence before he gave his first interview after being named VP.

It's politics.

I would encourage you to watch more Trump if curious about his solutions as he's given them time and time again while doing more interviews than any other candidate.

If the idea is he's supposed to appeal to your demands every single time he speaks, you'll be disappointed. But you'll also dislike Hillary even more as she hides from the media.

It does not matter what detail Trump gives - there are those that will just hurl the same insults (by the way, one of which is that he hurls insults) and not listen to a single word. Closed ears, small brains. We all know Trump is far from the ideal candidate as the leader of the western world, but the flack thrown at him is actually quite incredible. Personally I think it's fear turned to blind panic that is driving the hatred.

Yep, blind panic that reminds me of a line from JFK.

"ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country"

With Trump as potus, people can see their gravy train headed towards the washed out bridge.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join