It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about Turkish Military Coup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Written by someone from Turkish military

My deepest salutes to our Turkish members.

I felt to write all these down here because what we have stressed years ago is now becoming a reality.

My mates, Turks here and all other friends here have known me with my pro-Atatürk stance towards any issue related to our national security and domestic matters. I can clearly tell you that THE PERPETRATORS ARE NOT SECULAR OFFICERS LOYAL TO ATATURK'S REFORMS.

I started writing because, the unit I am attached to right now is a subordinate FOB of Gendarmerie's ********** Commando Brigade deployed in the Southeast Turkey to fight PKK terrorism. We are informed that the commander of the brigade along with his staff officers have been arrested by police with charges of alleged links to US-based islamic terror group known as FETÖ which AKP has a long history of cooperation with them to purge the real patriots of this country. But do not worry. We are on duty 7/24 and no unusual activity occured related with PKK yesterday.
defence.pk...

The real coup has been happening on the Turkish military for years now starting from 2008. This is the final nail in the coffin for the real secular Turkish military. IF you remember the Turkish military has the constitutional right to overthrow a govt. if it feels that the govt. is not following secular principles. Now it seems that that constitutional clause may be amended, or possibly even entirely removed. Yesterday during the coup, mosques across turkey were calling people to stop the coup form happening. It seems like AKP's plan is to overthrow the secular principles and form a turkey which is more Islamic. This is history in the making, like Iran once had a pluralistic open society and now is Islamised, Turkey seems to be following a similar fate. Erdogan has sealed the fate of Turkey dreamt by Ataturk.

edit on 16-7-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
edit on Sat Jul 16 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A friend of mine is from Turkey we used to do Jiu Jitsu together.

He said one of his more right wing Muslim friends over there was on the run and the police force was trying to protect a number of them from the military.

I have no idea what a right wing Muslim is...

Honestly no one is saying this but me really but I think IS and the Caliphate have something to do with this.

edit on 7/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Interesting and thanks for posting.

The T.V footage I've seen today has puzzled me somewhat. There was footage of Erdogan, who was obviously in hiding, calling on the people to go out on the streets to fight the coup.

Erdogan, who as I said, was obviously in hiding, stating that they would do all they can to fight the coup, even if it meant fatalities.

Umm, show us your leadership skills Erdogan, take to the streets with your citizens and stop this undemocratic coup.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Just the sort of new member the EU needs. Seems Europen men should start getting there willys sniped and start growing beards

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it the Truth, I would say more of a testimonial by a Turkish Militant Coup....still the rest of the military should be called upon to respond.

I just wonder how much corruption is in the entire military...and if there is any secretive support for ISIS in there. Just wondering that's all

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Turkey indirectly blaming the U.S. for being involved:

“I do not see any country that would stand behind this man, this leader of the terrorist gang, especially after last night. The country that would stand behind this man is no friend to Turkey. It would even be a hostile act against Turkey,”

www.rt.com...

Read from another angle, you could almost say that is describing Erdogan haha

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This gets more like GOT every hour

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

You think dragons are going to start bombing soon? Hahaha

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

You think dragons are going to start bombing soon? Hahaha

I was talking about the political plots, but im not sure which side the dragons would be on but Erdoğan does sound like a name a dragon would have

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Iran's history isnt really an accurate comparison.

In 1953, Iran's democratically elected President, Mossadegh, was overthrown by a CIA coup known as Operation Ajax.

In the coming years, the US would try to force Westernization thru the installation of their puppet, Mohammad Reza Shah.

But the Shah was so bloodthirsty and brutal that anything associated with this dictator, including the US and Western culture, was viewed as evil.

What resulted was the Revolution which saw the storming the US embassy and overthrow of the US puppet.

And a rejection of everything Western.

Change has to be organic thru the will of the people not thru the barrel of a gun.

If left alone, many of these nations gravitate towards a more open society. Morocco to Egypt were proof of that.

Until destroyed by Israel, Beirut was known as the "Paris of the Middle East".

Even Saddam's Iraq was a secular state.

And like these other nations, Turkey has been seeing a lot of foreign interference which is having unintended consequences.

edit on 16-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

The T.V footage I've seen today has puzzled me somewhat. There was footage of Erdogan, who was obviously in hiding, calling on the people to go out on the streets to fight the coup.

Erdogan, who as I said, was obviously in hiding, stating that they would do all they can to fight the coup, even if it meant fatalities.

Umm, show us your leadership skills Erdogan, take to the streets with your citizens and stop this undemocratic coup.

Sorry for a moment I though you were talking about Jeremy Corbyn

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Is this a friend or relative of yours, or something you found online? It sounds legit but I don't know ANYTHING about military equipment, ranks, the Turkish history mentioned... I'm just wondering where exactly this came from.

From the sound of it, Erdogan has purged high ranking military leaders and "defectors", and a lot of very high ranking military people are now illegally imprisoned or have been killed.

Is the president's time running out? How can he be so well-protected after screwing over so many military people who were just upholding their oath? I'm a bit confused as to how he has been so influential and successful in this..

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Sorry for a moment I though you were talking about Jeremy Corbyn

Ha ha, that coup has been a lot less bloody. At the moment at least.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

OP ,do you have a link to what you posted ? tks ....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Its not in any specific website from what i know, it was given to me by a Turkish friend of mine. So i don't really have a source, but if my words mean anything, these are words from a Turkish military officer.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I have no idea what a right wing Muslim is...

It's the opposite of a left wing Muslim.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

these are words from a Turkish military officer.
There is rumour that the military especially the Air Force is going to be shaken up .That jet that flew over the city and the helicopter that was shooting seems to be a part of the coup organizers . Some of the army members have been saying that they thought it was a exercise ...With the move to remove all those judges and the shutting down the Air Base it seems strange ,.kind of like a stupid cia coup attempt but they are usually better at those sorts of things .The cry for Goulin to be shipped to Turkey says that the us may have been involved in a small way ....

There seems to be a better reason to think that it was to stop any reattachment with Russia ...Have to wait and see how this ripples out over the next few weeks .Kerry spending the last 3 days in Moscow is sure causing some itchey ears to wonder just what that is about ...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Doubt that.

Why would DOG remove almost 3,000 judges? Over 6,000 people had been arrested so far...This is a clean-up that has nothing do with anything else, but DOG's will to strengthen his own power and remove any possible obstacle.

And like many dictators in Islamic countries, he's got the support of the people, so not much we can do here. Let's not interfere and cause another civil war.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So it was a coup just not against Erdogan but for Erdogan

False flag to take more control

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

False flag was my first guess as well but I am seldom correct on first guesses .It was too haphazardly done to have really succeeded .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join