It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Coup - Stockholm Sydrome on western politicians and mess media right now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Oh, sorry. I though you were defending Erdogan's Regime.

How about the turks trying to overthrow him? You "loathe" them?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
One question!

Couldn´t open one(with good english) a thread about the "IS" declaring responsibility for the Nice attack, and nobody believes that crap?
At least here nobody believes Bouhlel had any ties to the "IS". Even not the so called mass media experts, that normally are happy when they can report about "IS" terrorism. To create fear, that´s what they are paid for!
First thing is, normally the "IS" spreads his propaganda minutes after an attack that really came from them, was successful.
Here they waited to the third day.
Everbody, even the mass media, is sure that this is nothing else than freeloader behaviour.

Why i don´t open it by myself?
Because i you all know my english
and i can´t handle two threads at the same time, because i have to do some real life things the whole time, even have to leave later for a while.

But i guess that would be an interesting thread!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Erdogan will transform Turkey into Erdoganistan

What about you, happy living in Merkelstan, where its a jail-able crime to question the holocaust. How do you feel about your tax dollars propping up failed foreign economies?

Then there were the bribes...

www.theguardian.com...

This week the former defence minister Akis Tsochadzopoulos was jailed pending trial on charges of accepting an €8m bribe from Ferrostaal, the German company that helped oversee the scandal-marred sale of four Class 214 submarines to the Greek navy 12 years ago. To date, Athens has taken delivery of only one of the subs after the vessels were found to have technical glitches

Erdogan is trying to cash in on Merkels generosity and the US greed for oil/resources...how is he not looking after his constituents interests?

But regime change is a fancy word for "military coup by western powers and their banker cronies"

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As an American, I was kind of sad that Obama came out and supported Erdogan.

I wish Obama would have said to Turkey:

If you like your president, you can keep your president.

We all know how that turned out....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
"What about you, happy living in Merkelstan, where its a jail-able crime to question the holocaust. How do you feel about your tax dollars propping up failed foreign economies? "

Why would and should one question the Holocaust? I have only one answer, because one is an uneducated Holocaust denier.

And i can live in Merkelstan without going to jail for my opinion, if it is not crude rassism tinfoil hat stuff like denying the Holocaust. And even that you have to do a hundred times or more, till you go to jail for that, as sad as it is.

Journalist here don´t go to jail for critizing Merkel or uncovering dirty things politicians did, lawyers don´t disappear, the people are not afraid of the police here(yet), we have no civil war against...let´s say east germany...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

And other dictators were elected first by their people too. They promise something, and if they are in power, they show their real face.

Well then they are not dictators are they?

Lets look at your home country..hmmm

en.wikipedia.org...

The 1949 constitution gave the Chancellor much greater powers than during the Weimar Republic, while strongly diminishing the role of the President. Germany is today often referred to as a "chancellor democracy", reflecting the role of the Chancellor as the country's chief executivewho has the constitutional authority to establish the guidelines for all fields of government policy.

Would one dare today to say it would have been wrong if someone stopped Hitler before he grabbed all the powers?

But the west knew what Hitler stood for...you forget how Germany was forced to eat humble pie and bankrupted through war reparations for WWI.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well.............I've lived in Europe; been to Turkey multiple times.

Let me just say that most all of the Turks I've met were as mad as a march hare.
Example: when the Army performs a coup-de-etat with tanks and machine guns, only a "nut" defies the military in a coup.

I know............I've been caught up in a coup, I've stared down the barrel of a T-55 tank............its very intense, bloody and uncomfortable. Sane people always back the military in a coup, all the while hopeful that elections will follow on shortly.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

the people of Europr are tird of weak leaders and getting more angery by the day.

I think they are more tired of these leaders who throw the tax dollar at everything except the worker who created the tax dollar.

The rise of ultra-nationalism is people saying " we have had enough "

Unfortunately ultra nationialism creates the very conditions where the people play into the hands of "lets have a war mentality" politicians. The same conditions as pre WW1 & WW2.

The MIC is ready to build more weapons and the Rothschilds are ready to provide the loans as they have had a hand in conflicts for the last 300 years.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
I never said that germany is a dreamland, a perfect democracy or something like that. Never!
The reason it can´t be that is that we are the 53rd state of the USA, since around 1945. This here is little USA. And i wasn´t even asked where i want to be born, but i have to deal with it now.

But compare germany and turkey right now, and tell me that that is almost the same again.

Nobody wants death penalties here right now, nobody here chased almost 3000 judges out of office, nobody is asking if Merkel created a coup to seizure all the powers...

edit on 16 7 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

the people of Europr are tird of weak leaders and getting more angery by the day.

I think they are more tired of these leaders who throw the tax dollar at everything except the worker who created the tax dollar.

Unfortunately ultra nationialism creates the very conditions where the people play into the hands of "lets have a war mentality" politicians. The same conditions as pre WW1 & WW2.

The MIC is ready to build more weapons and the Rothschilds are ready to provide the loans as they have had a hand in conflicts for the last 300 years.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Latest news, they cutted off power to the Incirlik airbase(according to the US consulate), all NATO soldiers there are forbidden by the regime to leave the base!

Democracy and partnership at it´s best!

One idea, Erdogan smells that the coup was controlled by Gülen. Gülen lives in the USA.
US soldiers are stationed at the Incirlik airbase...

And right now i saw a N24 reporter in Istanbul that almost got attacked by angry looking turkish guys, live, before around 30seconds...
Seems that this is not a good place for journalists anymore.
edit on 16 7 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The Erdogan Regime will now re-introduce death penalties

Fail again....might is a long way from "will now introduce"

www.businessinsider.com.au...

Turkey’s Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said the death penalty might be re-introduced to deal with the instigators of the failed coup on the government.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

It not reaily "ultra-nationalism" in Europe, its just people who want there women and children to be safe, to have there country and culture safe, they are tired of been hated by TPTB, and watching TPTB giving Islam a free hand to do what ever it wants.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Like re-entroducing death penalty. What will it be in the next six hours? That lunatic and his government is totally out of control now.

Calm down, sounds like you are out of control...he was elected...how do you justify a military coup as being in the interests of the electorate?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just wondering how many more millions "refugees" will be running across the border to main land Europe, but im sure our great leader of Europe will welcome them one and all

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Ataturk came to power in a coup and established the modern secular Turkish state.

Not really a coup...going from a caliphate to a republic...Ataturk...

he led the Turkish National Movement in the Turkish War of Independence. Having established a provisional government in Ankara, he defeated the forces sent by the Allies, eventually leading to victory in the Turkish War of Independence. Atatürk then embarked upon a program of political, economic, and cultural reforms, seeking to transform the former Ottoman Empire into a modern and secular nation-state.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Latest news.
The Erdogan Regime will now re-introduce death penalties, at least they try again now.

Im sure Jeremy Corbyn would do the same if he could

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thats what they were hoping too, that theyhey could take the Palace by storm. Hardly ever works. Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch, The Bay of Pigs in Cuba, Operation Valkyrie, all failed. It has to be a groundswell of the people, backed up by the people for it to win.

Thats why they call it revolution instead of a coup.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Something else for people to consider. The EU has been under some pressure to make Turkey a member, the uncertainty in the House of Turk lets Brussels off the hook now.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Something else for people to consider. The EU has been under some pressure to make Turkey a member, the uncertainty in the House of Turk lets Brussels off the hook now.

I would not be so sure about that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join