It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Coup - Stockholm Sydrome on western politicians and mess media right now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I can´t believe it!!!

Now all the western nations, their politicians, including germany(we had the most beef over the last time with turkey), condemn the "anti-democratic" attempt of a coup. If trying to overthrow Hitler would have been called anti-democratic too?

Even if Erdogan in the beginning really was good(as mayor of Istanbul, for example) for many parts of the turkish society(that´s the reason why they still follow this islamic dictator), but then he became megalomaniac, like so many "rulers" before him.
Let´s have a look on how "democratic" the Erdogoan government today is:

He puts journalists and lawyers into jail, because they critize him, or report over his dirty deals and ties to the "IS" and his "two-face" acting.
Turkish journalists jailed for five years, hours after courthouse attack

He sues even foreign journalists for doing their work in their homecountries.
Germany OKs Jan Boehmermann prosecution in Erdogan row

He names Erdogan-Turkey critical foreign politicians with turkish roots "so called turks" and describes the critizm as "ugly".
Wikipedia

He bans german politicians from visiting their own and NATO soldiers in the Incirlik NATO base. Till today!
Ankara bans German MPs from visiting own troops on Turkey airbase

His children are deeply involved in all this "democratic acts". And profit.
Bilal Erdogan: Italy names Turkish president's son in money laundering investigation allegedly connected to political corruption

Where does the money come from? Erdogan children’s immeasurable wealth questioned by German Bild

He is the only "Master of the Interwebz" in turkey.
Erdogan takes on the Internet

He transforms turkey slowly into an islamic "erdoganism "state.
Does Erdogan want his own Islamic state?

Recep Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey's ruthless president

And as everyboody knows he is fighting an illegal civil war against the kurds in turkey.
There is many more to critize in this "democracy", but it makes me really angry when i have to watch now "our democracy, liberty and freedom loving western Führers"(and even Putin critized the coup) demonizing the attempted coup. Because it was "anti-democratic".
Ok, we all know that the word democracy is a joke when politicians use it to describe their form of ruling the people. But let´s do if we would still believe in that democracy thing, and it would be democratic.

How can western politicians condemn this attempt to free a country of a growing, megalomaniac and anti-democratic Führer as anti-democratic? I believe what happened yesterday was the most democratic thing i saw over the last years in turkey.
But i guess i know the real reasons for the behaviour of "our" western, democracy-, freedom- and liberty loving politicians. It´s their fear that this could happen in their own country, to themselves, because the people everywhere are fed to the backteeth.

Another thing is:
Looking at the events in turkey after some hours went by, it could really be that Erdolf created his own Reichtagsbrand. Because how poorly planned and executed was this attempt? And who profits now, and will take the whole power now, will punish those who are against him now, like never seen before? Now Erdogan will transform Turkey into Erdoganistan, no doubt. He will now transform Turkey’s parliamentary system of government into a presidential one!

I don´t say that this maybe was a complete false flag event. But couldn´t it be that Erdolf knew about the plans of a little group of rebels and just let them do what they wanted to do, knowing that he will survive easily? But for the people it looks like all that came up surprisingly and he can act now as the hero that "putted down the traitors"?

"Experts"(you know those people in the mass media that know everyting and much more) here are concerned that Erdogan now will really freak out.

Retaliation at all his critics are feared, purges in the military are guaranteed running right now, now he really will "tidy up" Turkey and shape it as he wants, as he needs it! And that is what western politicians want? That is the "democracy" that they are defending now? Because the attempt to stop that lunatic is branded, demonized as "anti-democratic", as they all let us know via mass media. And that they are all happy that the coup failed.

Doesn´t that mean "our" leaders prefer a "democracy" a´la Erdogan? And couldn´t it be that they are all fooled by Erdogan, once again?
Because this really looks now a bit like planned, like Erdogan knew what would happen and that he easily would survive, because everything was prepared. It looks a bit like a stage play now.
Now he is able to seizure the whole power and create his Erdoganistan...

And western politicians celebrate the failed anti-democratic attempt of the coup. Yet i don´t know which anti-democracy is the better one, that Erdogan anti-democracy, or that rebels anti-democratic attempt to overthrow a more and more anti-democratic megalomaniac...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Because like it or not he was elected by the Turkish people.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
massive voter intimidation and systemic vote fraud is now a fair election if Turkey is anything to go by.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Now all the western nations, their politicians, including germany(we had the most beef over the last time with turkey), condemn the "anti-democratic" attempt of a coup. I

By definition a coup is anti-democratic , no matter what we feel about their leader he is their elected representative....as demonstrated by the people last night who helped repel the attempt.

And western politicians celebrate the failed anti-democratic attempt of the coup.

They celebrate the return to stability in a NATO country , I think we should all celebrate that at this time.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Don't forgot he murders his own country men, the Kurds.

Allows foreign superpowers to operate from airfields to bomb Syria.

Trains, equips and ships fighters and arms including chemical weapons into neighboring sovereign country, Syria. Aids the insurgents, treats them when wounded.

Shot down or allowed the shoot down of a Russian military aircraft not in Turkish airspace.

Sets up a Pipeline for stolen oil from Syria to Turkey, funding the insurgent armies wreaking havoc in Syria.

As long as he keeps that up to topple Syria, he will remain a useful tool tolerated by NATO, I don't hear the usual "Erdogan must go" rhetoric from Brussels or Washington.

The coup attempt by elements of his own military speaks volumes. Whats the Turkish word for "Valkyrie" ?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Thank you for the state departments assessment. More like he's an acceptable minion to NATO. Since when does the number of votes establish the like or dismemberment of world leaders in the eyes of the West?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 16-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Oh, Hitler was elected by the german people too. And other dictators were elected first by their people too. They promise something, and if they are in power, they show their real face.

Would one dare today to say it would have been wrong if someone stopped Hitler before he grabbed all the powers?

edit on 16 7 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
"By definition a coup is anti-democratic , no matter what we feel about their leader he is their elected representative"

Sure, that is right.
That is what i wanted to say with my last sentence, where i asked myself which anti-democracy might the better anti-democracy.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
TPTB in Europe are very worried that the people will rebel, the people of Europr are tird of weak leaders and getting more angery by the day.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Duh. Revolutions are like farts to governments. They don't mind their own(as In when they take over via a revolution,) but other people's smell bad.

edit on 16-7-2016 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Latest news.
The Erdogan Regime will now re-introduce death penalties, at least they try again now.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Now all the western nations, their politicians, including germany(we had the most beef over the last time with turkey), condemn the "anti-democratic" attempt of a coup.

The core issue as I see it, is that western nations cherry pick which uprisings to support based on which nations they support. In the case of Libya and Syria the rebels were good old freedom fighters and got our support, but as soon as there is an uprising in an allied nation they are labeled terrorists and traitors. They spin it which ever way best suits their agenda and people just go along with it. Arming and supporting such uprisings is never a good thing and it shouldn't have been done in Libya and Syria, nor should the opposition in Turkey be supported by the western world, even if their leaders are fairly corrupt, it's just not our place to go fighting proxy wars and give support to rebel groups who may very well be associated with terrorist organizations.
edit on 16/7/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Calm down! I don't like Erdogan either, and I agree that the islamist AKP is steering Turkey into dark waters, BUT

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
I believe what happened yesterday was the most democratic thing i saw over the last years in turkey.

Are you serious?

Even IF all of the ~3000 currently detained soldiers were actually putschists (big if IMO)... that is a very small part of the turkish armed forces (628.141 total).

Apparently the KRZ in Berlin knew pretty soon that the coup was destined to fail BECAUSE of it's lack of backing among citizenry and armed forces. A military dictatorship against the peoples will is no better than any islamsist regime.

I also disagree that Erdogan = Hitler. Not even close.

We have to accept the turkish people's will... we do not have to accept that Erdogans Turkey belongs to Europe or NATO though.
edit on 16-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Later latest news...

3000!!! judges in turkey hounded out of office

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I mean...not much anyone outside of Turkey can do, considering DOG has got majority of support from the Turkish people, and trying to overthrow him forcefully would just lead to a civil war. The same thing that's happening in Syria.

If anything, from now in my eyes at least, I make no difference between what DOG and his government does and the people of Turkey, because they were literally willing to die for that terrorist, which makes them the same.

It's now obvious that Turkish people want to keep supporting ISIS...

edit on 623k2016Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious
"I also disagree that Erdogan = Hitler. Not even close."

You are right, not yet.
Lets sit down and wait till it happens. Do we have to try?

Then we all can say again:
Nobody could know that before...
We did know nothing...
Nobody told us about...

I know that using Hitler is a harsh comparison.
But this is the one who always comes in my mind if i observe the situation with Erdogan in Turkey.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Government leaders have to be careful what they say about other government leaders. As long as western governments are obliged to work with whoever controls Turkey, they are not going to tell Erdogan publicly "We think that coup against you should have won".
The media have got more freedom to say what they feel, so they are the ones who deserve to be criticised.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It makes sense, considering they were probably put up with the "democratic" rule of that DOG. This puts a new light on this attempted coup, because it shows that this was not planned by just some angry ex officer, but was carefully planned with the help of those people who are supposed to protect the rule of law in Turkey.

I will pray for them all, because it seems most of them will be getting death penalty...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Try to look at it from another angle.

The people who went to the streets that ended the coup said they prefer Democracy over a military government. I think it says a lot about the people of Turkey who defended Erdogan simply because he was democratically elected.

To me this would be along the lines of -
The Republic comes first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join