It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Coup - Stockholm Sydrome on western politicians and mess media right now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Nikola014

Try to look at it from another angle.

The people who went to the streets that ended the coup said they prefer Democracy over a military government. I think it says a lot about the people of Turkey who defended Erdogan simply because he was democratically elected.

To me this would be along the lines of -
The Republic comes first.

And what is Erdogan doing right now, was it worth to risk ones life for that what´s happening in that "democracy" right now?
Like chasing 3000 judges out of office? Like re-entroducing death penalty.
What will it be in the next six hours?
That lunatic and his government is totally out of control now.
edit on 16 7 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
You are right, not yet.
Lets sit down and wait till it happens. Do we have to try?

Yes. Why?
Because it's not about who they are, but about who WE are.

Hitler, Hitler, Hitler. Everyone and their Mother is Hitler nowadays... until the real next Hitler comes along... and everyone goes "Hey what a nice chap. Links, zwo, drei, vier, WHOOPS polish border.

That # is dangerous!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Those people who were out on the streets, were protecting erDOGan and everything that he's doing. That's at least pretty clear to me.

And not like military junta would last long, just till next elections are organized...but, seeing how many people went out on the streets, this coup was destined to fail. And even if they somehow managed to arrest or kill erDOGan or their prime minister, it would most certainly lead to a civil war. Not even a civil war, because those who attempted the coup did not have major support in the military, nor in the streets. So, I'd say this coup was organized in a bad timing.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

But, that's the religion of peace speaking...

ErDOGan is trying to make Turkey the new Saudi Arabia. Ataturk would be disappointed in this new Turkey...

edit on 645k2016Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

You are right, not yet.
Lets sit down and wait till it happens. Do we have to try?

Yes. Why?
Because it's not about who they are, but about who WE are.

Hitler, Hitler, Hitler. Everyone and their Mother is Hitler nowadays... until the real next Hitler comes along... and everyone goes "Hey what a nice chap. Links, zwo, drei, vier, WHOOPS polish border.

That # is dangerous!

And because that # is dangerous, people should stop such lunatics before they earn too much power.
Imo!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I have not commented on the situation in Turkey because coups seem to be a legitimate way of governing in Muslim majority states. Ataturk came to power in a coup and established the modern secular Turkish state. Since I don't particularly like Erdogan, I can't say I have a problem with the situation.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The Kurds are not his "countrymen"; they are an oppressed minority, ethnically dissimilar to the Turkmen, who have been fighting for an Independent Kurdistan for decades. He opposes Kurdish independence.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

[...] people should stop such lunatics before they earn too much power.

Yeah... the people didn't though. Who are you to deny the turkish people their right to self-determination?

Let Erdogan make his case against himself first (only a matter of time) so any potential interference with turkish state affairs has at least a solid legal basis.

I think we've had enough of premature meddling into souvereign nations affairs as of late to know that it only increases conflict.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I just realized the timeline of the turkey news reported here in germany.

First there came a short report that the elected regime is trying to re-introduce death penalties.
Not even 20 minutes later they reported that 2745 judges were chased out of office.

I guess the way for the death penalties is free now...

Another thing i mentioned is that the mass media only shows turkish nationalists now, interviews only them. As if there are 100% Erdogan supporters in turkey, and not one critic.
All those people talk about that Erdogan needs way more power now. Erdogan himself announces retaliation, as reported here.
I can´t help myself, but all that really reminds me to germany in the 1930´s.

At least they just said right now that there are non-Erdogan supporters. And that they think that Erdogan created all that to seizure powers.
And even the reporters here tend now in that direction, because too much seems questionable(even for the mass media), as they said right now on N24.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The Kurds are not his "countrymen"; they are an oppressed minority,

Yah, oppressed by Erdogan. I mean bombed and shelled.

Thats like saying the Blacks living in the US are dissimilar "ethnically, and oppressed" so the US government is justified to bomb the Ghetto.

Really?

Turkish military attacks Kurds, take your pick

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Latest news.
The Erdogan Regime will now re-introduce death penalties, at least they try again now.

Executing the plotters ASAP, after a quick show trial in Erdogans Kangaroo courts.

I wonder if he will hang the leaders from piano wire, having it filmed for his later enjoyment?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

he has ruled Turkey for over a decade. We know what kind of ruler he is. He is only going to get worse.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Thats like saying the Blacks living in the US are dissimilar "ethnically, and oppressed" so the US government is justified to bomb the Ghetto

No, it isn't.
The conflict between Turkey and the Kurds is far more complex.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This whole coup attempt smells and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't some sort of a false flag by the dictator in chief himself . He would seem to be the only one that could benefit from a failed attempt and if you consider the groups that should have wanted it to succeed ,they were on his side ......MoA has this notice "" The plotters' major mistakes were:

to not capture Erdogan and the leaders of his political and security organizations,
to not shut down all means of mass communication, especially the Internet, except those under their strict control,
to not put out a trusted public face to represent the coup. "" www.moonofalabama.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

No its not.
I was trying to point out that the Turks have long hated and fought the Kurds who've been fighting for independence.

I support a free and independent Kurdistan and I loathe the Turks.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Now Erdogan wants Gulen who he says is responsible for the coup and is in the US and Kerry says he will look into it.
Turkey Coup

Gulen, a reclusive Islamic preacher with a worldwide following who is regularly accused of a behind the scenes role in Turkish politics, lives in a tiny town in the Pocono Mountains of the US state of Pennsylvania.

He has been accused by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of being behind the Thursday's boody coup attempt, although he has denied any role and condemned the miliary uprising "in the strongest terms."

The Turkish PM said that any country that stood with Gulen was at a state of "war" with Turkey.

Wonder if he has plans to follow through with his threat?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How to have a successful military coup:

1) Make sure you have a majority of support if not by the people, at least in the military ranks.

2) Arrest the executive immediately...so make sure they are in country so that can happen.

3) take over the media ASAP. Ya know, so people can't be told to go out in the streets and strike down the coup.

Clearly they failed on all three points...which should make one wonder why this even was tried. Was it orchestrated from within the executive? Allowed to happen to further consolidate power?

Who knows...all I do know is that Turkey will now likely continue its spiral into despotism.

Interesting times...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

I hope America don't give in to dictator Erdogan's blackmail. Gulen was not involved in the coup. The perpetrators have already been identified and arrested (probably already murdered by now). This is just Erdogan trying to eliminate all resistance to his regime.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The conflict between Turkey and the Kurds is far more complex.

Its rather simple... "open fire".

NATO needs them out of the way, they resent being encroached upon in their 'region', used as a gateway to infiltrating Syria from Turkey.

So blam blam on tham, they aren't a country anyway, just an 'ethnicity', They don't have nations status in the UN (like Gazan's for instance) so its okay to slaughter them if they resist.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Oh, sorry. I though you were defending turkish actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join