It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump/Pence 2016 it is all but official now....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I guess we will have to remain in suspense.
Trump cancelled his announcement tomorrow due to the terrorist attack in France.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Why. As if he can't announce it anyway. He's just wasting time and failing to meet his promises yet again.

He's probably just disappointed that something else will have the media spotlight other than him.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Why. As if he can't announce it anyway. He's just wasting time and failing to meet his promises yet again.

He's probably just disappointed that something else will have the media spotlight other than him.

Even though everybody knows who it is, he still needs a second news cycle on it. This terror attack would bury the second round. As callus as that sounds it is the way of politics. He would have preferred to have this news cycle dominated by the leaks and then the next with official announcement back to back. This is a critical time for him, he needs to use this announcement and the convention to gain a decent lead on Clinton because she will see a large surge from her convention as well. He can not afford any more screw ups from this point on.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Where does race factor into it?

I think we'd all like to live in a world where race isn't a factor at all, unfortunately that is outside of reality. The fact is, given Trumps positions and comments since he decided to run, he has pretty much ruined his chances in gaining the majority of the minority vote. He has alienated many groups with his comments and actions.

Trump also cannot focus on winning the election on the backs of the core voting demographic of the GOP alone. Pence offers nothing more than solidifying his support among the GOP core demographic, white voters (in particular, male white voters).

For me, this election is all about economy and our economic place in the world as the world's largest economy.

First of all, Trumps offers little to demonstrate he's the better option for the economy. His personal history with finances don't help him all too much in any case. Second of all, people are not going to overlook his actions, comments just to focus on the economy (even though you feel personally this is reason enough). Should people ignore many of Hillary's negatives to focus on something she may be better at?

People have other concerns out there and with the idea of Trump choosing Pence, he hasn't demonstrated at all that he intends to listen to those concerns.

Add that the alternative is not only bought and paid for

Or the other option that did the buying and played into that very system. Who did Trump endorse in the last 2 elections? Who has Trump being donating to all these years? Ah yes, the establishment.

I have to ask you Gazrok..... as a Sanders supporter, I am looking towards Gary Johnson because I think BOTH candidates are unacceptable. I will not be settling for the lesser evil. Would you consider Gary Johnson over Trump? Or is it the lesser evil for you?
edit on 14-7-2016 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Right, so it's all just political posturing and media manipulation to get him more attention and his campaign more notice.

That's just sick. It's dishonest, it's shallow and it's cheap and it's dirty. He'll play it off as though he wanted to give all the attention to the poor families though too. While beating the drums of war at the same time.

It's just so much BS with false displays of sympathy it's gross. I'm sure Hillary is already preparing her speech filled with fake emotional pandering as well. Just makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
so the leaks started coming and he just made it official ? that's kinda weak.

pense is a safe "balance" pick and somewhat disappointing

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
NOW It's official:

Donald Trump has called Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and offered him the vice presidential slot on his ticket, CNN has learned. Pence has accepted.

source

So much for those claiming that he canceled the press conference tomorrow to get more publicity later.
He did this quietly.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think Pence will be a good balance for Trump.
They don't agree on some things, but as others have said, Trump respects that.

Indiana is in good financial shape - balanced budget, improved employment.
That's what we need more of in this country.

It seems evangelicals like him.
Conservative Republicans may like this choice.

He has legal, business, and political experience.
He has been in Congress as well as Governor, so he knows how things work in Washington.

I hope this goes well!

Trump/Pence 2016

edit on 7/14/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/14/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/14/16 by BlueAjah because: more good stuff

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Am I the only one who is glad the suspense is over?

Trump picked his VP!!!!
Did everyone go to bed early?

I know, I know - more important news going on.
I'm trying not to watch the bloodbath tonight - it's terrifying.
I'll catch up on that sadness tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I cant state how happy I am!

As a Hoosier, let me just say, "He is your problem now America!"

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
NOW It's official:

Donald Trump has called Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and offered him the vice presidential slot on his ticket, CNN has learned. Pence has accepted.

source

So much for those claiming that he canceled the press conference tomorrow to get more publicity later.
He did this quietly.

That is again a leaked story. Trumps official statement which is the article you posted is

Trump also did his best to keep the drama going after a frenetic day.
"I haven't made my final, final decision," he told Fox News' Greta Van Susteren Thursday evening. "I mean, I've got three people that are fantastic. I think Newt (Gingrich) is a fantastic person. I think Chris Christie is a fantastic person, been a friend of mine for 15 years. Just a fantastic person. And there's Mike, and Mike has done a great job as governor of Indiana. You look at the numbers, and it's been great -- he's done really a fantastic job. But I haven't made a final, final decision."

So no, the official announcement has not been made but, will be as soon as coverage of France dies down.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I'm disappointed more than anything. I never say never but with this pick the likelihood I'm voting for Trump has gone down from its already low chance. I was wanting a solid reason to give Trump a shot, and to me a strong social conservative isn't that reason.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: MrSpad

Right, so it's all just political posturing and media manipulation to get him more attention and his campaign more notice.

That's just sick. It's dishonest, it's shallow and it's cheap and it's dirty. He'll play it off as though he wanted to give all the attention to the poor families though too. While beating the drums of war at the same time.

It's just so much BS with false displays of sympathy it's gross. I'm sure Hillary is already preparing her speech filled with fake emotional pandering as well. Just makes me sick.

That is politics. Good guys finish last.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well if Pence is the VP pick, then Ill definitely be voting for Gary Johnson. And Chris Christie is a piece of garbage if ever there was one. Newt isnt great but I could stomach that maybe. Ok i was probably already going to vote Johnson (even after some disappointing things I heard) but had the door cracked for Trump if he steered in a reasonable direction because I like his stance on trade and foreign policy.
edit on 15-7-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Indiana, huh?

Must be the end of the world.

Wasn't Indiana the state that tried to pass a law declaring that PI=3 ?

Indiana Pi Bill

Any state that would propose legislation to overturn the laws of god and nature, has got to be the favorite pick of the antichrist to sit in the driver's seat to complete the spectacle on judgment day, as god returns the world to his order.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Wow, what a stupid idea that was.

Pence would probably love it.

The guy is a NeoCon Zealot.

He's a Koch Bros. puppet.

Anti-Gay, Pro-Life, yet also Pro-War go figure.

He's also Pro-TPP and Free Trade Globalist too.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I have to ask you Gazrok..... as a Sanders supporter, I am looking towards Gary Johnson because I think BOTH candidates are unacceptable. I will not be settling for the lesser evil. Would you consider Gary Johnson over Trump? Or is it the lesser evil for you?

I pretty much knew from jump that Hillary was the establishment's pick, and that the way the DNC primary is set, it would have been impossible for Sanders to win it, even without the blatant cheating and vote rigging we saw. I like Sanders too, but his ideas would have simply not worked without drastic tax increases (on everyone, not just the rich), and 2 of his 5 tax increases would have applied across the board, if most bothered to read them.

While I like Gary Johnson, he's not electable. It would be a protest vote. I did that in the past with Ron Paul. It sent a message, but not a very loud one.

Thing is, after reading the candidates stances, platforms, plans, etc., I mostly agree with Trump's listed policies (none of which have anything to do with race). Even the Mexico border bit is something that BOTH Clintons have touched on in the past (they just said "strengthen our borders" vs. saying "a wall").... I could care less about sound bites, I could care less if he's not a nice person, I could care less even if he's a bigot. He can't legislate it, those issues are long decided, and a matter of law. So they have ZERO bearing for me in the election.

The system is rigged, and we know it. It comes down to two choices (because even if a 3rd party candidate got the popular vote, it STILL wouldn't mean they'd win), and yes, it is a choice between two evils.

The President of the United States is our biggest cheerleader. Someone we choose to represent OUR VOICE in government, and someone we choose to look out for the USA's interests on the world stage. Hillary has proven she cannot do this, in her role as Secretary of State, as apart from Cuba, our relationship with every other nation is WORSE after her tenure. (and even Cuba is only lip service after basically just giving in to them).

She wants to EXPAND the disaster that is ObamaCare, sign on to a treaty that will basically make the US impotent in important trade matters, allow an influx of refugees that cannot be vetted, and her platform (on her very own site) largely consists of tackling social and health issues that aren't even in the realm of the Oval Office...showing she has zero idea of what a President does, in spite of being married to one.

This election is simply too important to just do a protest vote. Hillary in office is a guaranteed disaster to our economy, our security, and our position in the world. Trump could be the same, but he could also do some great things. At least with him, it could go either way. I'll take the gamble versus sure disaster any day of the week. Look, we all know we can't fight the New World Order. But electing Hillary is like slamming down on the gas pedal to get there...whereas Trump is more like tapping on the brakes.

Choose your own path, but can't say we didn't tell ya....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

edit on 7/15/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Wow, what a stupid idea that was. Pence would probably love it. The guy is a NeoCon Zealot. He's a Koch Bros. puppet. Anti-Gay, Pro-Life, yet also Pro-War go figure. He's also Pro-TPP and Free Trade Globalist too.

But, he has no power, and Trump certainly wouldn't give him any room to pursue those agendas. It's just to silence the die-hards and ensure they get on board.

While some think he should pick a minority, etc., doing so won't help him, and he knows it. Can pretty much already kiss those majority votes goodbye, so why pretend to be something he's not?

He's ALWAYS said he would pick an insider and pretty conservative GOP VP candidate...so it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who was listening. Trump is very anti-TPP, so really doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

That was very well said!
Thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join