It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump/Pence 2016 it is all but official now....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think Pence would be a good choice, but it's not official yet.

Pence seems to have done a great job with Indiana's budget, economy, etc.

I'll wait to see who Trump announces though.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hmm, maybe its just a diversion. if I know Trump, and I don't. he might have someone who can either compliment his politics or balance it. Pence does neither.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: matafuchs

His LGBT views are very conservative.

right...Remember this?

He gained notoriety for his role in the Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act

In 2015, he signed into law a controversial "religious freedom" bill, which spurred wide backlash. Critics said the bill could allow business owners to ban LGBT customers based on a claim of religious freedom.

After "business, civic and sports leaders ... strongly called for a fix to the legislation," USA Today noted, Pence later signed a revised version of the law.

www.npr.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: matafuchs

So a neocon chickenhawk bible thumper who was for the Iraq war, opposes gays, supports torture and wants the USA to kiss Israels butt.

My take too

Oh joy!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Interesting...A look at Pence before Trump came a knockin...

Pence on Twitter Dec. 8th 2015
Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If Pence is not re-running for governor, why did he post a link 5 hours ago to ask for donations to his campaign?

Pence Facebook

Link to his campaign for Governor

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think he'd be better disposed to choose Newt, except that neither of them can play second fiddle.

I really think it's going to be Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

Pense is the dumbest choice out of all possibilities. Christie would be a better choice, and he's a horrible choice.

Trump needs someone to even him out. The Lt. Gen. even though he scars me, seems like a cool cucumber.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
If Pence is not re-running for governor, why did he post a link 5 hours ago to ask for donations to his campaign?

Pence Facebook

Link to his campaign for Governor

He is running but, it is a very close race he could lose. So walking away from it is not a big deal.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

But, the news reports today guessing that Pence was the VP pick were based on him dropping out of the governor race.
He can't run for VP and governor at the same time.
So why would he post a link to raise funds the day before he is picked as VP?

I am doubting the rumors are true. It might be someone else.
edit on 7/14/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Okay...logically and strategically I think this is a horrible choice.

Take out any views or propaganda or policy or partisan politics....3 reasons.

Most people don't know the name. He's too obscure. Doesn't help the ticket.

He's not overly charismatic in say the way that Joe Biden or Paul Ryan were to offset Trumps personality. Obama had Biden and Romney had Ryan, I thought those were both great strategic moves. This guy doesn't have that Charisma.

And lastly, concerning politics. I think he's too conservative and trump already has conservative votes...he's shown that in the primaries. He needs someone that appears more moderate than him to take away some of Hillary's base that want a moderate alternative.

Thoughts on this analysis?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

My thoughts - someone in the Trump campaign "leaked" this today to get publicity.

I think we will be surprised tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I wanted Carson personally. I would vote for that man for president. I think Trump would have been blasted though because the MSM would play the race card and the few women who were qualified would have done the same thing.

He needs someone fairly straightforward from the 'heartland' of America. Where he did his worst. A person the media cannot trounce. Attack.
edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-14T16:10:07-05:000407 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
We always knew Trump was going to pick a GOP insider as VP. He's said it repeatedly, so no surprise. I still wouldn't count out Newt though. We'll all see at 11am tomorrow.....

Did you see how Newt kept standing in Front of Trump (funny how damn big his head looked) during the feel-out phase? If he picked Newt, he'd have to fight him off with a stick on every policy issue. It wouldn't be like the Bush/Cheney relationship at all.

I think the selection is already a done deal though.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Pence....really?

He could have chosen someone that would have enhanced his candidacy. This even further convinces me that his campaign is just a BS self stroking ego fest; Not really in it to win. Clinton will stomp them a new *** ****!

He didn't even try to win back women, minorities, the disabled, Jews or moderate Republicans. Went full on right wing...lose, lose.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: MrSpad

But, the news reports today guessing that Pence was the VP pick were based on him dropping out of the governor race.
He can't run for VP and governor at the same time.
So why would he post a link to raise funds the day before he is picked as VP?

I am doubting the rumors are true. It might be someone else.

The reports are based on "leaks" from Trumps advisers. Your saying why would they leak on purpose? It gives the media and entire news cycle before the announcement tomorrow to inform the public who he is so that the the reaction from Trumps supporters will be YAY!!!! and not WHO?????.

And it gets a little obvious when Trump and family went to have dinner with the Pence family, then breakfast the nest day followed by Gingrich and Sessions flying to talk with him. And then his campaign manager flying to NY. of course Pence could always say no and Trump would be forced to fall back to Newt but, that is not likely since they are leaking it now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Pence....really?

He could have chosen someone that would have enhanced his candidacy. This even further convinces me that his campaign is just a BS self stroking ego fest; Not really in it to win. Clinton will stomp them a new *** ****!

He didn't even try to win back women, minorities, the disabled, Jews or moderate Republicans. Went full on right wing...lose, lose.

Well he is limited to people who would take the job and many backed out when mentioned. Pence is free trade, pro TPP, pro Iraq war ect. everything you need to work with Republicans. Trump can not fight the GOP and DNC. And lets face it a VP pic was not going to mend fences with minorities, women or the other groups he has angered. This might not work either but, it is not like somebody who thinks they have a political future would take the job.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ware2010
a reply to: crazyewok
everything you just said sounds 1000x better than Obama...

Unless your a Neocon Then your a idiot.

USA needs a president that's neither a Bush Disaster or a Obama Disaster.

Your Trump support is duly noted.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Okay...logically and strategically I think this is a horrible choice.

Take out any views or propaganda or policy or partisan politics....3 reasons.

Most people don't know the name. He's too obscure. Doesn't help the ticket.

That is the advantage. Nate Silver makes a reasonable case for "Why Mike Pence Would Be Trump’s Least Worst Choice"...with one of the reasons being precisely his "unknown status"...which affords trump the opportunity to create a picture for the public..vs. a Christie or Gingrich who the public already knows well.

To a national audience, Pence is almost entirely unknown; this morning’s CBS News/New York Times poll put his favorability rating at 5 percent against 8 percent unfavorable, with 86 percent of registered voters either being undecided or not knowing enough about Pence to have an opinion.

And yet, several of the alternatives reportedly on Trump’s VP shortlist, especially Newt Gingrich and Chris Christie, are both widely known and widely disliked by the general electorate. So if Pence isn’t quite a risk-free choice, he’d be better than one who was guaranteed to be unpopular.

fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

He needs someone fairly straightforward from the 'heartland' of America. Where he did his worst. A person the media cannot trounce. Attack.

On "heartland"...Trump is already at 84% likelihood of winning Indiana, and Pence's unfavorability there is around 50%...and his credibility in the heartland, if he has any, does not cross borders into Michigan or Wisconsin.

Pence shores up some of his base, specifically part of the religious right...though some of the religious right dislikes Pence for back-tracking on his anti-LGBT bill when it hit the fan.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I seriously hope this all becomes a bad joke....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join