It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Release Bodycam Footage of 19 yo Dylan Noble Being Shot and Killed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Center of Mass. Most weapons training programs teach to aim for it.

concealednation.org...

link   
a reply to: Akragon

Hah, beat me to it!

link   
a reply to: JinMI

No identified immediate threat....sure....but like I said....sometimes it is the threat of the unknown in addition to noncompliance which justifies force.....

Do I think killing the man was necessary? Probably not....but I was not in those officers shoes....I have no idea how threatened they may or may not have felt....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I can agree with that. I've gotta believe however, that they go through abit more training. If not they certainly should.

I guess I have an affinity for this guy. From his backstory, he could have been anyone I ever knew. Trying to stay un biased.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Have you ever been in a situation where it is life or death? You or them? I can tell you I have...and no amount of training could have ever prepared me for the real thing....sure training helps...a little.....but there is nothing even close to the real deal....not even remotely

A2D

edit on 14-7-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Center of Mass. Most weapons training programs teach to aim for it.

concealednation.org...

That was a good article. I've never read anything that describes how being shot in various locations affect the body's systems.

Maybe I've been watching too many cop shows. I've wrongly assumed that today's police were better shots than they are. If they're not good, shooting at the "Center of Mass" is their best bet for preventing the violent person from shooting first.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

Have you ever been in a situation where it is life or death? You or them? I can tell you I have...and no amount of training could have ever prepared me for the real thing....sure training helps...a little.....but there is nothing even close to the real deal....not even remotely

A2D

I didn't really see any threat to those cops holding guns...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I most certainly have. I've been held at knifepoint, shot at, mugged and jumped. The difference is, I'm not a police officer nor was I protecting anything other than myself (or doing the best I could). These cops are burdened with the responsibilities and have to keep a clearer head. I wasn't there and I wasn't in their shoes but like I said, I have to believe that they would have more tools at their disposal than just shoot when not complied with.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Funny quick off topic story.

Ex GF hit a deer and left it. She called me and then I called the sheriff to get a permit to keep the deer. He pulls up and gets stuck in the snow. I said I'll get him out while he takes care of the deer that was still alive, but not moving. As I grab my chains I hear 1....2...........3 shots fired. We wrap up and I call a buddy over to help me dress him out and process. We're looking for damaged meat and we can't find an entry wound. We find the exit wound and then find only 1 entry!! 3 shots at 3 ft and only 1 hit the mark. Good times.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I didn't see a threat on the suicide bomber we shot dead back in 2007 either....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The way this particular guy was acting, I would have shot him, but not to kill. That's probably how the media sees it too, which is why this incident didn't make much news.

It's incidents like the one where the police officer chased this fat black guy for 50 feet through a small park (about 2 years ago), and shot him in the back, that make me so angry.

If it wasn't for cell phones and cameras all over the place, we (the public) wouldn't know about most of these altercations.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I didn't see a threat on the suicide bomber we shot dead back in 2007 either....

A2D

Was he in a truck runnin from the cops too?

Unarmed... with a couple of dudes with their guns drawn chasing him in their car?

I forget?

edit on 14-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

LOL, what county was that Sheriff located? Allegan? At any rate, the lack of aim might be why we had 62 people shot in Chicago last weekend, but "only" 7 died.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Newaygo. I think them boys down in Allegan Co. are abit more experienced!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Completely agree. Actions and unknowns take precedence over any visual information...in fact, a guy with a weapon visible (in a nonthreatening manner such as a holstered pistol)is less likely to be shot than a guy with hands hidden and no weapon visible.....

If I can see you have a weapon then I can also see when you are going to use it. So I know exactly when action is required to protect myself.

If I don't know that you have a weapon I am judging the scenario by your actions only...which naturally gives me less leeway in regards to response time.

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The point is they didn't know he was unarmed....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The point is they didn't know he was unarmed....

A2D

Ya..

but did he need to die?

I'd be scared as hell if someone pointed a gun at me!!!

No idea what was going through that guy's head but..

He wasn't a threat to two cops with guns, likely in body armor...

There is other methods then fire arms people...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I've already said that killing the man was probably not necessary....but necessary and justified are two different things....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

It is pretty simple imho.

The police is trained to escalate the situation to justify the use of lethal force. And it works just fine, for them.

Get used to it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Then the rules need to change.

Perhaps it is time for a rule which states categorically that an officer must never discharge a weapon unless the suspect has pulled one, that an officers life must actually be in jeopardy before a shooting can be justified.

Unarmed persons being gunned down in the street is wrong no matter what justification is used by the shooter. Also, there are those who say that it is not an officers job to take unnecessary risks to ensure the safety of citizens. Well, if it is not the job of a policeman to do that, then the police need replacing with organisations who DO see it as their duty to risk their lives to ensure the safety of others, who WOULD rather die than shoot an unarmed person, who would rather risk it all, than take it from someone who poses zero actual threat.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join