It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Release Bodycam Footage of 19 yo Dylan Noble Being Shot and Killed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It has absolute relevance. I've faced situations damn near identical to the situations these law enforcement officers faced...I made the same hard decisions they made....regardless of whether one is a marine or a police officer, the ultimate goal is still getting yourself and those you care about home safely all while protecting the general public....

A2D
edit on 14-7-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: JinMI

Have you ever been in a situation where it is life or death? You or them? I can tell you I have...and no amount of training could have ever prepared me for the real thing....sure training helps...a little.....but there is nothing even close to the real deal....not even remotely

A2D

I didn't really see any threat to those cops holding guns...

The threat was a perceived threat (real or not) that they could not confirm nor see. If someone refuses orders and reaches, one has to assume the worst that they are reaching for a weapon.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

Being trained to shoot straight, and being trained to shoot only when threatened, are two very different things. They must be trained to do both to a high degree of efficiency.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

How can you have served in the Marine Corps, and not understand that the job of an armed service person and the job of a policeman are totally different?

It is not a Marines job to protect anyone other than his fellow Marines, and those who he has left behind TO GO TO BLOODY WAR! That's it! That's all! There are rules of engagement, certainly, but realistically speaking a solider or Marine is tasked with a job that boils down to "Kill those your commanders tell you are your enemy, do not die in the process, bring back your brothers, either alive or dead."

That is NOTHING like the same thing, and a Marine in a situation like that is NOT under the same obligations as a police officer. Or rather, if it is the case that a Policeman feels that he is in the same position as a Marine at any time, then that person should not be a damned police officer. The idiot should be at home, playing Call Of Duty and staying the HELL away from innocent people at all times, the bloody loony!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

YOU made it about race sir.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

My job was not to kill anyone....my job was to protect my fellow marines....
A police officers job is not to kill anyone...it is to protect their fellow citizens....

totally different eh?

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is horrible.. I don't know what's sadder/scarier now

The part wherein LEO's are so scared of us the feel they need to kill us "first"

Or

The fact this video's now going to stir up the other side of the Hornet's nest.

Just in time for the 15th i see... or just badly timed overall.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

You believe some very weird things, unrealistic, idealist nonsense, about what the task of any combat personnel is in war, especially for someone who has been and done it. That just goes to prove, that being involved in a thing, does not make one an expert in it, or the context within which ones involvement plays out.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: theySeeme

YOU made it about race sir.

How so?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Just place a camera on the weapons they use and one on the shoulder. Most of the time people want to know what happens happened when police discharge a weapon. If it's on the weapon it has a front row seat that isn't blocked by body parts. The other camera is then free to pick up other angle and audio.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure I'm the one that received my mission briefings...I know what my tasks were...and not once were they "go kill this guy"....but I'll take it from you, the guy that wasn't there, that didn't receive my briefings...that is apparently an expert....

(lethal force was and always will be, a last resort to conflict...it is never a mission)

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Doesn't matter if he had a dozen roses hidden in his hand, those actions will get you shot every time.

Only in the USA.....

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

so this situation was not threatening at all??

its easy to say it wasnt threatening AFTER THE EVENT when you were not there.

does it have to get to the point where if he had a gun he would have to point his gun at an officer with the safety off and his finger on the trigger before the police can shoot?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

What's happening on July 15th?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

Have you ever been in a situation where it is life or death? You or them? I can tell you I have...and no amount of training could have ever prepared me for the real thing....sure training helps...a little.....but there is nothing even close to the real deal....not even remotely

A2D

i have. and my training is what kept me alive. and its because we ran simulated drills like clock work. we used every part of our brains.

those cops were so afraid of that 1 kid.
let me tell you, between the time he took his first step, he would have been x [ x = if we wanted him alive or dead]

police today give in to their sense of fear. there are hazards which comes with the territory, if a kid who says he has a gun makes you fear for your life so much so you are ready to kill anything that moves, trade in your badge and get a secretary job.

there arent any more real cops. thats why they dont even teach the Miranda rights anymore. its optional!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Xarian6

What's happening on July 15th?

From what i've read, there's some silly annon "day of hate" thing being tossed around.. you'd think they'd be trying to lower tensions and raise trust.. this video does the exact opposite.

And i find that rather suspect.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am surprised anyone condones shooting a man when he is down unless he is actually firing or attempting to fire a weapon at the police.

Guess times are changing.
edit on 7/14/2016 by roadgravel because: missing a word

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why do police always shoot like they're at a range aiming at a bullseye on the target's chest? In other words, they always shoot to kill...even if a gun isn't obvious.

Is it true that when you shoot someone in the lower body (waist down), they don't have the strength and clarity to return fire accurately? The police should just shoot the guy in that part of his body, if they're concerned that he's a sharp shooter who's faster than they are.

Why do they aim at the middle of the target, you mean? Because it's the middle of the target.

Why don't they shoot guns out of people's hands and shoot their big toes off? Because real world shooting isn't a movie. There's any number of court cases that explain why using lethal force to wound is a non-starter, as well as any number of studies that show how quickly one can bleed out from a femoral artery wound. Which is in your legs.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: choos

so this situation was not threatening at all??

does it have to get to the point where if he had a gun he would have to point his gun at an officer with the safety off and his finger on the trigger before the police can shoot?

Well what do you think. Should cops be allowed to shoot any suspect "they" assume are armed?

You dont see a major problem With that? That gives every cops the leagal right to shoot who ever they want based on their assumption, feelings or inervision.

That means no one is safe from the cops.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

That gives every cops the leagal right to shoot who ever they want based on their assumption, feelings or inervision.

Not exactly...while I do agree that stricter policies could lead to a better police state....giving an officer the right to make judgment calls isn't a bad thing....in fact the vast majority of officers show incredible restraint in pressing situations....

It's important to take note of the technology we have at our disposal. Dash cams and other such surveillance technology allows for an investigation into what would otherwise be he said-she said scenario....Now we don't have to take the officers word for it, we can investigate it and actually see whether or not there was reasonable right to shoot....and the officers know this....

Cops know they are on camera...they know that if they discharge their firearm there WILL be an investigation....they know that there will be millions of civil rights activists seeking an answer....they know they will be instantly labeled a racist....yet you still think they just pull the trigger for the hell of it? Please.

A2D

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join