It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Release Bodycam Footage of 19 yo Dylan Noble Being Shot and Killed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There was a witness video released, but it only showed a small portion of the shooting and was taken from a distance.

This new video shows the police chase along with the shooting. Dylan was shot 2 times after saying something along "I hate my life" as he takes his hand out from behind his back.

Then, while on the ground, another shot is fired after he moves his hand downward. Last, another officer deals the final shot with a shotgun.

I can understand why the officers fired the first two shots IF Dylan pulled his arm out fast (the video makes it tough to see the movement). However, the last two shots (particularly the shotgun) were completely uncalled for as he was reaching down on his front side(maybe towards a wound) whereas before he gave the appearance of having something behind him.

AP News Story

Fresno police on Wednesday released body-camera video of officers fatally shooting a 19-year-old man who ignored repeated commands to stand still and show his hands.

The June 25 video shows officers, who were looking for a man with a rifle, pulling over Dylan Noble, who got out of his truck and walked away from and then toward two officers.

He didn't comply with commands, and then he is heard saying he hates his life. One officer fired twice with a pistol. Noble fell and was shot again on the ground as he moved his arms. An officer fired a fourth shot with a shotgun.

Dyer said officers believed Noble was reaching for a weapon, but it turned out he was holding a small plastic box.

There is a thread on this shooting that discusses some details and the hypocrisy of BLM which can be found here.

Ghost

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Another thing that surprises me about this is that a week ago the police said it could take two months before this footage was released. But it only took a week. Maybe this was because they knew there would be less backlash with all the focus on the other two black shootings and the Dallas shooting?

The video was released just today and I haven't seen hardly ANY coverage on it. As of now, typing in "Dylan Noble" in Google only brings up 29 articles about the newly released footage today.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Looks like a clear case of the guy committing suicide by cops. He states I hate my life after refusing to show his hands over a dozen times as he starts to move his hidden hand from behind his back towards the cops so they would be forced to shoot him. Doesn't matter if he had a dozen roses hidden in his hand, those actions will get you shot every time.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Kinda looked like the cop was intentionally trying to cover the camera...

Dude seemed to be a bit agitated but no reason to shoot him

That Cop is in jail right?

i know, silly question
edit on 14-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
First time I heard of this, wow. No one to take the flag for this guy? I agree, with the above poster, it looks like suicide by cop, but shouldn't officers at least see a weapon? Sad.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
First time I heard of this, wow. No one to take the flag for this guy? I agree, with the above poster, it looks like suicide by cop, but shouldn't officers at least see a weapon? Sad.

Maybe we haven't heard of it because Dylan and the Police Officer were both White? The officer's body camera must have been under his neck! They should use a fish-eye lens and hook it on the front of their belt..or chest.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe. I would also suppose it just doesn't fit in with the MSM agenda. It should be clear to people that they want a racial divide and don't support any sort of justice. Sickening to say the least.

How about ballcap cameras? Police are generally using some kind of headwear.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yup....hard to sensationalize a justified shooting of a white male....hence the silence....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Justified you say? Could you elaborate on that?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Maybe. I would also suppose it just doesn't fit in with the MSM agenda. It should be clear to people that they want a racial divide and don't support any sort of justice. Sickening to say the least.

How about ballcap cameras? Police are generally using some kind of headwear.

Speaking of the Main-Stream Media... how is it that they trigger so much violence, but are immune to being on the receiving end of violence? I'd love to see a President Trump force the MSM to report responsibly, or shut them down with fines and red-tape.

A camera on their head cover would be an excellent vantage point, JinMI. Great idea!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I agree with the suicide by cop bit. But the last two shots were completely unnecessary and we're the result of trigger happy police and poor training.

It will be interesting to see an autopsy report to see if Dylan was reaching towards a wound (most likely)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Freedom of Press. Part of the 1st amendment. I've seen a few non bias agencies pop up over the years but none of them win out due to the chokehold the few have on the industry. Thus we get "shady" news sites.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He wasn't complying....couldn't see his hands...officers likely felt threatened by his posture and actions...... as a marine veteran with several combat tours I can say in all honesty....if this was a guy I had stopped at a VCP, I probably would have shot him too.....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

After reading the whole article, they never found a weapon so him "grabbing around his body" would certainly indicate him holding his wounds.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

This isn't the ME. Cops aren't military. Their lives weren't immediately threatened and there was no indication of a weapon. After the event, he didn't have one anywhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

It doesn't matter....the rules of engagement are very similar.... if you feel your life is in danger then you have the right to protect yourself....especially because of the noncompliance...just because there was no weapon doesn't mean it is not justified.....they didn't know if he did or did not have a weapon on his person at the time....and sometimes it's what you don't know about a situation that justifies the use of force....

If he complied he would still be alive. Simple as that.

A2D
edit on 14-7-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

If he complied he would still be alive. Simple as that.

A2D

With that, I certainly agree. There was no immediate threat to those officers lives. They had weapons trained on him and were at a safe distance with cover. More if they needed it. They had options to diffuse the situation or use non lethal force. I mean really, there was 3-minutes between the time the officers got out of their car and the shotgun blast.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Cops had their weapons drawn in the car...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Why do police always shoot like they're at a range aiming at a bullseye on the target's chest? In other words, they always shoot to kill...even if a gun isn't obvious.

Is it true that when you shoot someone in the lower body (waist down), they don't have the strength and clarity to return fire accurately? The police should just shoot the guy in that part of his body, if they're concerned that he's a sharp shooter who's faster than they are.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

They're trained to shoot for center mass brother...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join