It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have photos of the dead body of Dallas sniper been leaked? Images posted online appear to show cop k

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Images on social media appear to show Micah Johnson's body after Dallas police utilized a remote controlled robotic bomb
Another photo shows semi-automatic rifle reportedly used by Johnson
Dallas police have issued a statement declining to confirm the photographs
But a former explosives technician with the US Army said the photos are consistent with the tactic used to kill Johnson and appear genuine
The 25-year-old Army reservist killed five officers and injured seven more
He was cornered in parking lot at El Centro College but negotiations with police fell through after about four hours
Johnson was killed by a remote-controlled robotic bomb, which police have defended, saying it was a 'last resort' to save lives

Have photos of the dead body of Dallas sniper been leaked? Images posted online appear to show cop killer Micah Johnson moments after he was taken out by police robot

Pictures in the link ARE GRAPHIC

Sleuths, does this match the image of the man who killed the officer in the video that we all saw? Anyone want to let us know if this picture can provide some insight that perhaps the MSM will inevitability miss.

I always try and lean on the skeptical side of things. But I was here with you guys when this unfolded. We all saw ( well most of us anyways) a situation that HAD to have had more than one shooter. Maybe this gives us a clue either way

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Looks legit to me

S&F

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

We all saw ( well most of us anyways) a situation that HAD to have had more than one shooter.

Hows that again? Who's 'us'?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

We all saw ( well most of us anyways) a situation that HAD to have had more than one shooter.

Hows that again? Who's 'us'?

Those who were posting along in the live thread. Right around in the 1230am- 430am range. EVERY bit of evidence I can remember from that night indicated multiple shooters. And thats even taking bad info into consideration.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I was there and I remember all the speculation. Subjective at best. They were holding people they found, including a girl for questioning.

It was dark, the few bits of footage were grainy, but still to this day only reveal that one dude outside the parking structure.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In the photograph that shows his body, is it just me or does that look like drywall debris all around? I've never seen a parking garage with drywall in it, they are always concrete. So, either that is not the cop killer's body or his death occurred somewhere besides a parking garage.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I was there and I remember all the speculation. Subjective at best. They were holding people they found, including a girl for questioning.

It was dark, the few bits of footage were grainy, but still to this day only reveal that one dude outside the parking structure.

Yes you def were. And as usual I always enjoy reading your posts. Whether I agree with them or not sometimes. I didnt mean to imply you felt the way I did. I suppose I could be off on how many thought more than one shooter.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I know I am likely attaching too much personal significance to this story, but yesterday, I actually left a comment at the Daily Mail about how the body and weapon were the only things not blasted to bits in the photos.

And then today, they run the story, in the OP, having sought confirmation from an army explosives expert that the photos, are in fact, real. BUT the reason the Daily Mail reported they sought the expert opinion is because the Dallas police would not confirm if they were the actual photos of Micah Johnson's body.

The army explosive expert could obviously never conclude if the photos were actually of Micah Johnson, but he did provide the opinion that they are, in fact, photos of a real fatality due to explosives.

Even that opinion is a stretch, based on the photos alone.

I suppose I felt like the Daily Mail was helping squelch any doubt they were even photos of a dead man -- like my own doubt. And I feel like the Dallas police want people to conclude they are actual photos of Micah Johnson, dead, even though they don't want to confirm their authenticity.

And, on that note, who on earth leaked them?

I know this comment is not exactly on topic, sorry about that.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I suppose I'm in the same confusion boat. For a bomb going off and killing him....he does seem pretty intact so to speak. As does his gun. But again. I have no idea where the explosive went off in relation to the shooter. Nor do I have the expertise to know if his body received the appropriate amount of damage from said bomb.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Some links and pictures are already on here and the description of the man in the video compared to the pictures have been discussed. It's anyone's guess really because the footage isn't very clear.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The state of that body and the weapon are pretty consistent with the charge they said they used. Weapons tend to stay together pretty well in a blast compared to clothing etc but they also tend to get thrown clear of the body too.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I was listening on the radio (scanner, not an app) they had interest in 3 other males and 1 female.

Edit: baofeng makes a great portable, some of you may or may not know I was in the area at the time of the event, once to safety and back to my car, I proceeded to listen for more details.
edit on 11-7-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Oh, I think the photos could be 100% real. I just also feel they could be totally staged -- if someone was so inclined.

I don't think it's possible to say, either way, from just looking at them.

But this army explosives expert did just that.

DailyMail says they wanted to confirm they were really photos of Micah Johnson's dead body...but what they REALLY did, was get an opinion that, 'hey, the photos totes definitely show someone dead from explosives.' I feel like that was secretly the one and only opinion they actually wanted.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
The state of that body and the weapon are pretty consistent with the charge they said they used. Weapons tend to stay together pretty well in a blast compared to clothing etc but they also tend to get thrown clear of the body too.

I'm not sure that's even the point. See my comment above.

Keep in mind, the Dallas police refuse to say whether they are authentic or not.

I don't think ANYONE is qualified to look at what was leaked and say with any certainty that they are authentic.

I wonder why this explosives expert gave that opinion when there would be no way for him to make that judgment from looking at them.
edit on 11-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I wouldn't expect to see wounds from a c4 blast, the shockwave alone would have been enough to incapacitate and kill him.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: sg1642

I'm not sure that's even the point. See my comment above.

Keep in mind, the Dallas police refuse to say whether they are authentic or not.

I don't think ANYONE is qualified to look at what was leaked and say with any certainty that they are authentic.

I wonder why this explosives expert gave that opinion when there would be no way for him to make that judgment from looking at them.

Clearly the police won't be in a hurry to comment because that would mean opening an internal investigation into why or if crime scene pictures had been leaked. I get your point though.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I wouldn't expect to see wounds from a c4 blast, the shockwave alone would have been enough to incapacitate and kill him.

I am obviously not being clear here and I am giving up if I can't get my point across this time.

SURE, the photos could be 100% authentic. There is no way to know without the Dallas police confirming them.

But this army explosives guy gave the opinion they are authentic.

Again, they could be real. But they could also be fake. There is simply no way to state for certain. So, why get an exert to say they are real when he cannot possibly know if they show Micah Johnson or even a real dead person?

Yet. DailyMail reports: "Leaked images appearing to show the dead body of Dallas sniper Micah Johnson after he was blown up by a 'bomb robot' appear genuine, a former US Army explosives expert has told Daily Mail Online."

There is no way this explosives guy could claim such a thing, just by looking at the photos.

Just seems odd they sought out an expert opinion when he could never give definitive a opinion. Only the Dallas police can.

It's like the army expert, Daily Mail, and Dallas police want to make sure people believe they are actual leaked photos. But the Dallas police do not want to actually confirm it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I am obviously not being clear here and I am giving up if I can't get my point across this time.

SURE, the photos could be 100% authentic. There is no way to know without the Dallas police confirming them.

But this army explosives guy gave the opinion they are authentic.

Again, they could be real. But they could also be fake. There is simply no way to state for certain. So, why get an exert to say they are real when he cannot possibly know if they show Micah Johnson or even a real dead person?

Just seems odd they sought out an expert opinion when he could never give definitive a opinion. Only the Dallas police can.

It's like the army expert, Daily Mail, and Dallas police want to make sure people believe they are actual leaked photos. But the Dallas police do not want to confirm it.

a lot of the time a newspaper will quote 'an expert' when really they are just speculating. For all we know they are staged and for all we know they are real but they aren't actually him.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

One of the inconsistencies bothering me is there are numerous sources claiming the rifle used was an SKS, but the picture clearly shows an AK-47/74 type rifle. So which is it?

Dallas officials have confirmed that Micah Xavier Johnson, the shooter, used an SKS.

conservativeangle.com...

iTruthSeeker
edit on 11-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

That same article claims he used a 74. It's a strange one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join