It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have photos of the dead body of Dallas sniper been leaked? Images posted online appear to show cop k

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
One of the inconsistencies bothering me is there are numerous sources claiming the rifle used was an SKS, but the picture clearly shows an AK-47/74 type rifle. So which is it?

The photo linked in the Original Post does not look like an AK to me, the magazine appears too narrow.

I think I may retract that, after looking at the photos again it could be an AK. It would help to see a better picture.

edit on 11-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I saw a post from a member moments ago claiming to speak for "we". Perhaps that same person speaks for "us" as well, though doubtful.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I wouldn't expect to see wounds from a c4 blast, the shockwave alone would have been enough to incapacitate and kill him.

I am obviously not being clear here and I am giving up if I can't get my point across this time.

SURE, the photos could be 100% authentic. There is no way to know without the Dallas police confirming them.

But this army explosives guy gave the opinion they are authentic.

Again, they could be real. But they could also be fake. There is simply no way to state for certain. So, why get an exert to say they are real when he cannot possibly know if they show Micah Johnson or even a real dead person?

Just seems odd they sought out an expert opinion when he could never give definitive a opinion. Only the Dallas police can.

It's like the army expert, Daily Mail, and Dallas police want to make sure people believe they are actual leaked photos. But the Dallas police do not want to confirm it.

a lot of the time a newspaper will quote 'an expert' when really they are just speculating. For all we know they are staged and for all we know they are real but they aren't actually him.

Exactly. And that indicates an agenda to convince the public they are real without the Dallas police having to confirm it.

An agenda that interests & involves the army, Dallas police, and the press. That. Is. A. Red. Flag.

edit on 11-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

To be honest I doubt they have even been in contact with a military expert. Remember a paper will do whatever it thinks will generate profit.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

I suppose I'm in the same confusion boat. For a bomb going off and killing him....he does seem pretty intact so to speak. As does his gun. But again. I have no idea where the explosive went off in relation to the shooter. Nor do I have the expertise to know if his body received the appropriate amount of damage from said bomb.

Well it does say that blast shock alone to the internals would be fatal, I don't there much point in dwelling on that.
What is interesting though is it seems that he, or someone did have an elevated position in killing the policemen...not the one he did injure or kill at ground level obviously. In the video I listened to, a Scottish guy insists that a sniper rifle was in use, and can be heard when this gunman's own weapon was in use along with police weapons, and possibly another weapon. The different sounds of each weapon are seperated in an audio programme, and you can clearly several cracks in a much higher tonal region, completely different that the other weapons, including the one this gunman used.
Here's the video, it's 20 minutes long and detailed in such a way as to know where most things are going on, while the gun audio analysis is in the last quarter or so, while I recommend listening to the whole thing...stateside might have some difficulty with the accent though, even I did! but it's a good piece of work.

edit on 11-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

To be honest I doubt they have even been in contact with a military expert. Remember a paper will do whatever it thinks will generate profit.

Profit is only one motivation that drives the press.

There is other motivation...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

A pretty common tactic to disguise and cover a sniper is using a rapid or automatic rate of fire to conceal the report of the single shots.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Profit is only one motivation that drives the press.

There is other motivation...

Yeah you ain't wrong there.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I'm a wimp and won't look at the pics...

But I did read somewhere -- and I don't remember where now -- that his pants changed... or changed colors at least. It was a said in a snarky way... like "when did he have time to change his clothes while shooting up the place?" I just wondered if it was possible that he did change in order to make his escape.

If I can find it again, I'll post a link.

ETA: I found a video making the same point, that pants were originally white. This might indicate more shooters than just Johnson, though not proof positive, but may lead to something else.

edit on 11-7-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am puzzled by the rifle in the photo. Doesn't look like an AK or an AR-15. It looks like an H&K type assault rifle. We will never know who is really behind that blurry photo.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I was addressing this bit specifically..

, I actually left a comment at the Daily Mail about how the body and weapon were the only things not blasted to bits in the photos.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm a wimp and won't look at the pics...

But I did read somewhere -- and I don't remember where now -- that his pants changed... or changed colors at least. It was a said in a snarky way... like "when did he have time to change his clothes while shooting up the place?" I just wondered if it was possible that he did change in order to make his escape.

Some people have expressed that opinion on ATS. Personally, I think his pants look khaki in the video and in the photo.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I was addressing this bit specifically..

, I actually left a comment at the Daily Mail about how the body and weapon were the only things not blasted to bits in the photos.

I know, I shouldn't have led with that. I could see people pretty much stopped reading after that sentence.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

A pretty common tactic to disguise and cover a sniper is using a rapid or automatic rate of fire to conceal the report of the single shots.

Well there you go,
probably used when there is return fire as well, but recorded audio can cut through the noise with the right gear. There is a lot of reverberation because of the buildings, but the videoman helps there with repeated sequences to allow you to know how many shots are actually being fired, he even resets the audio for the shooting on the ground to allow from distance delay, for the same purpose.
edit on 11-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The bomb isn't supposed to tear him apar per se..I'm guessing it was a chunk of C4 without a casing..the blast would create a huge pressure wave that would rupture his organs/crush him. If the bomb had a casing or simular it could easily tear stuff up via fragmentation or cutting action.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Police forces in the United States have a lot of reservists and veterans in their ranks. They are also in situations involving gunfire as part of their everyday jobs.

I'll trust their reports of several gunmen long before I'll trust the hashed up stories that follow in the days and weeks after.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I read the rest, and agree until the original source can be verified, who knows.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
One of the inconsistencies bothering me is there are numerous sources claiming the rifle used was an SKS, but the picture clearly shows an AK-47/74 type rifle. So which is it?

The photo linked in the Original Post does not look like an AK to me, the magazine appears too narrow.

I think I may retract that, after looking at the photos again it could be an AK. It would help to see a better picture.

Yea you can see the safety switch on the rifle, which goes up and down. which only AK variants have.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 11-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I like how the body is mostly buried in sheetrock or plaster- but the firearm (likely to be the next model ban push?) is in plain view.
It's a black polymer chassis and everything.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Explosion probably pulled his lungs out. Concussion blast.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join