It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SM2

1) as I said, I sincerely doubt the robot with a bomb strapped to it was the only robot in use at that time. Do I know that with 100% certainty? No. But I strongly doubt the thought process was "welp lets send a robot in there with a bomb and hope for the best." And that's to say nothing of the general practice of clearing the area in general, which there are any number of videos showing law enforcement evacuating people from the area.

2) probably local. You act as if this was a decision taken lightly, and that somehow having an FBI agent make the decision would make it a better decision? Hardly. It was an extreme response to an extreme situation.

3) again - extreme response to an extreme situation. EOD robots have been in use for years. EOD techs know how to build bombs because they spend all day taking bombs apart. The capability has been there for years and this is one of a very, very few instances when a robot has been used to take a subject out. Acting as if this is some newfound technology that nobody has ever had before doesn't even make it out of the gate.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Seems that people were trying to spread the hate eveywhere..have we all gone mad?

link

A man accused of shooting indiscriminately at passing cars and police on a Tennessee highway told investigators he was angry about police violence against African-Americans, authorities said Friday. One woman died and three others, including one police officer, were injured in the rampage. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said in a news release that initial conversations with the suspect, 37-year-old Lakeem Keon Scott, revealed he was troubled by several incidents across the U.S. Scott, who is black, was wounded in the shootout with police, remains hospitalized and has not yet been charged. All those shot were white, police confirmed. The announcement comes just hours after 12 officers were shot at a Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas by a man who police say declared he was angry about police shootings of black men and wanted to exterminate whites. Five of the officers died. The shooting spree in Tennessee began around 2:20 a.m. Thursday. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation alleges Scott - armed with an assault rifle, a pistol and a large amount of ammunition - fired shots through the window of the Days Inn on Volunteer Parkway.

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-08T14:39:20-05:000220 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Some questions.

Any details on the weapon and caliber used? What sighting system did he use?

What ammunition was he using to make that much sparking?

Any details about this guys military service and what his role was? What were his marksmanship skills like?

How long did the initial engagement last?

What kind of distances was he firing at?

Why were witnesses reporting several shooters?

For one man to take down 10 plus trained men single handed and not take out half the peaceful protesters in the crossfire and behind his targets. Well that is an achievement. Or bull#. You decide.

edit on 1021642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
Some questions.

Any details about this guys military service and what his role was? What were his marksmanship skills like?

For one man to take down 10 plus trained men single handed and not take out half the peaceful protesters in the crossfire and behind his targets. Well that is an achievement. Or bull#. You decide.

You a little late to the party or what? He wasn't solo, he had help (as evidenced by those in CUSTODY)
And you don't triangulate an area solo. Ain't gonna work.

Edit: Speaking of that trio, any new news on them someone with superior google-fu can find? All I can find is they're still in custody, and nothing's being said about them yet.
edit on 7/8/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Again, who said that? Where? Quote it.
I can cite multiple people (from this very board!) that will say I lost my job because of Affirmative Action though!

Jessie Jackson is already blaming Trump for Dallas...

In an interview with BBC Radio 4 in London, Rev Jackson commented on the shooting of unarmed black men by police and the revenge attack in Dallas: 'It’s a kind of anti-black mood, antisemitism, anti-Muslim bashing, immigrant bashing, female bashing, a kind of mean spirited division in the country.' Rev Jackson considered what was causing the divisive mood in America. He said: 'Threats to deport 15 million immigrants…threats to build a wall between Mexico who we share 2,000 miles of a border, there’s a permissiveness towards black people [which] is readily apparent and we have been used as scape goats for deeper and deeper economic and cultural fears.

Source

Apparently suggesting to uphold the laws of the land creates violence in the black community. These people like Jessie fail to address the problem at it's core.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

At this point we do not know they are involved.

"Three people are in custody but it is not clear if there were other gunmen."

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm sure I read that the three were refusing to speak.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

At this point we do not know they are involved.

"Three people are in custody but it is not clear if there were other gunmen."

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm sure I read that the three were refusing to speak.

I've read that myself. Logical deduction says code of silence in the group upon capture (my vet husband's opinion is that lends credence that they're all military, current or ex) Sure, they could be exercising the 5th waiting for attorneys regarding warrants or something, but I highly doubt that, all things considered at the moment.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Again, who said that? Where? Quote it.
I can cite multiple people (from this very board!) that will say I lost my job because of Affirmative Action though!

In an interview with BBC Radio 4 in London, Rev Jackson commented on the shooting of unarmed black men by police and the revenge attack in Dallas: 'It’s a kind of anti-black mood, antisemitism, anti-Muslim bashing, immigrant bashing, female bashing, a kind of mean spirited division in the country.' Rev Jackson considered what was causing the divisive mood in America. He said: 'Threats to deport 15 million immigrants…threats to build a wall between Mexico who we share 2,000 miles of a border, there’s a permissiveness towards black people [which] is readily apparent and we have been used as scape goats for deeper and deeper economic and cultural fears.

Source

Apparently suggesting to uphold the laws of the land creates violence in the black community. These people like Jessie fail to address the problem at it's core.

Jessie Jackson is obviously a lunatic.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Some questions.

What ammunition was he using to make that much sparking?

And thus, a conspiracy is born out of laziness creating a lack of informed commentary.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Some questions.

You a little late to the party or what? He wasn't solo, he had help (as evidenced by those in CUSTODY)

Edit: Speaking of that trio, any new news on them someone with superior google-fu can find? All I can find is they're still in custody, and nothing's being said about them yet.

well the news and media need to get their stories straight

mobile.twitter.com...
edit on 5331642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

What Jesse Jackson doesn't realize is that the Dallas incident will result in thousands of more votes for Trump.
edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Repeat of Public Service Announcement....

You are responsible for your own posts....stay on topic, bickering has no place on ATS.
*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

If you see a post that is potentially against the T&C...PLEASE ALERT IT...do not reply to it.[/n]
Terms and Conditions

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Fri Jul 8 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling

link   

Thing is as we saw earlier people were walking around exercising their right to carry when the shootings happened some may have been taken in just in case we just don't know at this time.

link   
a reply to: sg1642

The article kind contradicts itself a little.

He would not say how authorities believe others in custody are connected to the shooting.

Previously, authorities had said three people were in custody, and that multiple shooters were involved in the attack.

Occam says they had a hand in it. I mean really, even if it was just tossing him extra ammo mags or deliberately pointing cops to the lion's den, that's having a hand in it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Shots were obviously coming from the elevated position. Then we see the video of the guy on the ground exchanging gunfire and killing an officer at close range.

Are they trying convince me that the "sniper" in an elevated (advantageous) position is going to move to ground level to exchange more gunfire, all the while giving up the advantageous position, so that I believe there was a lone gunman??

Hell no that story doesnt make any sense. There was definitely at least two gunmen.

They may want to run with the story given that the guy they were negotiating with said he did this alone, but can we believe the suspect said that? How can that be confirmed?, it cant.

The OS, like usual, STINKS!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well then, this thread took a pretty ugly turn while I was away. All that race baiting, fun? In an effort to read the facts and at least some opinion you get confronted by offensive, point scoring rhetoric at every turn. Don't read it right? Well that is kind of hard when 1 out of 3 posts are like that but anyway, that being said:

I still don't know, and it seems we haven't been given the information on whether the idea of the lone gunman is really being pushed here as reality. I would have never, EVER thought that as even a possibility last night, and I am not generally one for conspiracy theories of the false flag/facts changed to suit politics variety. So what do people really think?

From everything I saw last night, that would seem impossible. Just from the reports and videos that were available (before censorship can kick in?) the whole thing was at least 2 gunmen , maybe more.

A question then: Could the second gunman have simply been there to "separate the herd"? Shoot his weapon, creating chaos but knowing that the public would go one way and the police would go the other? Someone mentioned the fact that what stood out for them was the bravery of those in blue shirts, they went towards the shooting, whilst they forced the public away from the same.

So the first guy causes the separation, and the second/other gunman/men then started to cull those they could from previously hidden positions?

Pure speculation I know, but last night was far too intense for me personally to really speculate much on the issue, given the disbelief. It could also go some way to getting somebody involved off the hook, if no other bullets were found to have killed someone.

Regarding the use of the robot: I know it is weird but I definitely think they chose the right thing to do. I have no idea about the actual setup of the place where the killer was situated but I could easily imagine a scenario that would leave little option.

Imagine a carpark. Now imagine those ramps that go up, and as they do so they curve. If the killer had somehow got to a position where his back was covered, and he had that kind of protection, basically having a direct line of fire from above, what could the police have done in that case? Run up the ramp screaming would probably not work. Just my thoughts on that.

I have tried to get right up to date on this but I fear that my questions, in light of evidence I missed, might be ridiculous now, so apologies in advance.

And of course. R.I.P. and condolences to those bereaved.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Totally agree, cops were under fire from ground level & above. He's not Superman moving faster than his own bullets here.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: SM2

1) as I said, I sincerely doubt the robot with a bomb strapped to it was the only robot in use at that time. Do I know that with 100% certainty? No. But I strongly doubt the thought process was "welp lets send a robot in there with a bomb and hope for the best." And that's to say nothing of the general practice of clearing the area in general, which there are any number of videos showing law enforcement evacuating people from the area.

2) probably local. You act as if this was a decision taken lightly, and that somehow having an FBI agent make the decision would make it a better decision? Hardly. It was an extreme response to an extreme situation.

3) again - extreme response to an extreme situation. EOD robots have been in use for years. EOD techs know how to build bombs because they spend all day taking bombs apart. The capability has been there for years and this is one of a very, very few instances when a robot has been used to take a subject out. Acting as if this is some newfound technology that nobody has ever had before doesn't even make it out of the gate.

And after reading ALL the way through the thread Shamrock,
I couldn't agree more. A dug in (and FGS isolated ) threat
that says he'll hit a lot of buttons on his own? Oh yeah, tit for
splat. Shoot a cop and you optionally get lit up... once.
It's however the first time I can recall a bombot used domestically.
Maybe an outlandishly good idea whose time has come.
Besides-- they've been talking about droning Americans since 9/11.

I feel more terrible everywhere about the guys that AREN'T going
home from their shift trying to protect the people protesting them...
than I am of the extreme measure of fragging a well identified cop
shooter. And if it takes a move that extreme to get them home in
one piece from now on, every K9 unit ought to have a brother bot
in the spare tire box too. German Shepherd lives kinda matter too.

Finally, don't get me wrong about wanting payback, justice or truth--
except the latter only in the ID of the maggot that dreamed this up,
and for whom. They're the ones who really deserve the Hellfire panties.

link   

a reply to: sg1642

The article kind contradicts itself a little.

He would not say how authorities believe others in custody are connected to the shooting.

Previously, authorities had said three people were in custody, and that multiple shooters were involved in the attack.

Occam says they had a hand in it. I mean really, even if it was just tossing him extra ammo mags or deliberately pointing cops to the lion's den, that's having a hand in it.

the story is clearly getting put out he acted alone so which is it?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Some questions.

well the news and media need to get their stories straight

mobile.twitter.com...

I know. I hate it when less than 24 hours after an event they don't have all the facts for our consumption and the investigation complete and published in a PDF for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join