It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: roadgravel

It was a robot with explosives attached to it. They put a device on a EOD robot and sent it in.

Some seem disturbed by using an explosive to end the fight. Bullets or bomb, both would end his life. He chose to not surrender. Enough had given up their life in the attempt to stop him.

I am glad they found a way to take him out without risking more officer's lives...but honestly what it portends for the future is a little unnerving. With Robotics and Drones advancing rapidly right now...This might be the future of law enforcement...and a remote operator pushing a button on a joystick is a different moral dynamic than pulling a trigger in a face to face decision.

I don't believe there is any moral dilemma. It doesn't matter how this racist and terrorist was killed.

Did you actually read my post?

I am glad they found a way to take him out without risking more officer's lives...but honestly what it portends for the future is a little unnerving. With Robotics and Drones advancing rapidly right now...

This might be the future of law enforcement...and a remote operator pushing a button on a joystick is a different moral dynamic than pulling a trigger in a face to face decision.

So first off...I wasn't talking about this incident
Secondly...this was the first time in US History a Robot/Bomb was used to take out a subject.
Thirdly...Moral "Dynamic" is what I said...Not "Dilemma"...put differently their is an inherent measure of detachment when pushing a button remotely vs. drawing and firing your weapon in a life or death situation...and yes...going forward we need to examine how that might play out with law enforcement + Robots or Drones.

Please don't change my meaning or words to suit a snarky response.

edit on 8-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: Nyiah

Some questions.

Any details on the weapon and caliber used? What sighting system did he use?

Any details about this guys military service and what his role was? What were his marksmanship skills like?

How long did the initial engagement last?

What kind of distances was he firing at?

Why were witnesses reporting several shooters?

For one man to take down 10 plus trained men single handed and not take out half the peaceful protesters in the crossfire and behind his targets. Well that is an achievement. Or bull#. You decide.

You a little late to the party or what? He wasn't solo, he had help (as evidenced by those in CUSTODY)
And you don't triangulate an area solo. Ain't gonna work.

Edit: Speaking of that trio, any new news on them someone with superior google-fu can find? All I can find is they're still in custody, and nothing's being said about them yet.

well the news and media need to get their stories straight

mobile.twitter.com...

I know. I hate it when less than 24 hours after an event they don't have all the facts for our consumption and the investigation complete and published in a PDF for us.

Well if you would care to read and drop the arrogance the source is the authorities. Either they do think he was alone or they don't?
edit on 3531642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: jonnywhite

The capability of taping an explosive device to a robot? That capability? It's been around for a while. It wasn't some specially designed suicide robot.

And yea, I say doing that to a subject who has communicated a clear intent and capability to kill as many of you as he can, after having demonstrated the willingness to do so, is a pretty good time to use some creative thinking.

This. I am not sure about the Police, but in the military, your taught how to improvise with what you have. If your taking severe casualties then you need to improvise a plan to end the fight.

Given the circumstances and location, i'd say a bomb on a robot was ingenious. It worked as intended, drastic measures for drastic situations.

Having said that, I can see the angle about militerization of police and if they did this type of thing all of the time, then yes maybe its a problem, but they used what they had at the time.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm not going to read 114 pages so some random thoughts

1 - thoughts and prayers to the families of the deceased and wounded, what a tragedy
2- the shooter that was blown up deserved it
3- the media has blood on their hands from the sensationalized coverage of the white on black shootings
4- the minnesota governor is an idiot, as well as deblasio
5- no law or legislation will change anything

this is an american culture issue, we are an angry, stressed out nation of people who feel rotten on the inside and the weak ones lash out

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Some questions.

What ammunition was he using to make that much sparking?

Any details about this guys military service and what his role was? What were his marksmanship skills like?

For one man to take down 10 plus trained men single handed and not take out half the peaceful protesters in the crossfire and behind his targets. Well that is an achievement. Or bull#. You decide.

The sparks were probably from using incendiary ammo.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Mrgone

They used the bomb disposal robot and an explosive charge to kill him.

No one seems to be talking about the other 3 in custody.

The mainstream press has all but stopped talking about the other 3 suspects and are now framing the "lone wolf" narrative.

this was a government sponsored attack.

Yes i noticed that also, more than one shooter changes the whole game doesn't it?
BTW although i'm not Alex Jones' biggest fan, we did get a warning about this in May
ZeroHedge
Read the comments there, more uplifting than many posted here, LOL

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Some questions.

iTruthSeeker

A steel core bullet will spark and incendiary will too but the sheer size and volume of the sparks seem odd.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I noticed in this video that there are sparks flying @ 1:05 on the left, right before the officer is ambushed. I can't quite figure out what caused them. Was it the officer opening fire? As far as I know, his service pistol wouldn't create sparks like that. Was it the killer? But why would he shoot in that direction? Was it a second shooter? Anyone?

Edit - here's a pic

edit on 8-7-2016 by CaPpedDoG because: Added pic

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CaPpedDoG

Was he shooting the wall to distract him?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Some questions.

iTruthSeeker

A steel core bullet will spark and incendiary will too but the sheer size and volume of the sparks seem odd.

Yea after watching that video of the cop being snuck up on, they did seem rather large.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
I'm not going to read 114 pages so some random thoughts

1 - thoughts and prayers to the families of the deceased and wounded, what a tragedy
2- the shooter that was blown up deserved it
3- the media has blood on their hands from the sensationalized coverage of the white on black shootings
4- the minnesota governor is an idiot, as well as deblasio
5- no law or legislation will change anything

this is an american culture issue, we are an angry, stressed out nation of people who feel rotten on the inside and the weak ones lash out

I agree with you 100% on this.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

I blame Apple and Google...before everyone had a high quality video camera in their pocket and a youtube to post to, no one ever knew about unjustified shootings and crazies had nothing to wrap their crazy around.

Or should we blame BLM for making a stink about Black people getting murdered by police without just cause?

Or should we blame gun manufacturers for providing him the efficient tools?

Or perhaps the US Military for training him well on how to kill folks?

His awards included the Afghanistan Campaign Medal with campaign star; the Army Achievement Medal; the National Defense Service Medal; the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal; the Army Service Ribbon; the Armed Forces Reserve Medal with "M" Device; and the NATO Medal.

www.military.com...

Or would thinking about solutions be a wiser course?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same sparks. I realize when he went to ambush him he opened fire (sparks flying.) Right before though, on the left (behind the killer) there are sparks. If it was him, why would he shoot in that direction?

Circled in red

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaPpedDoG
I noticed in this video that there are sparks flying @ 1:05 on the left, right before the officer is ambushed. I can't quite figure out what caused them. Was it the officer opening fire? As far as I know, his service pistol wouldn't create sparks like that. Was it the killer? But why would he shoot in that direction? Was it a second shooter? Anyone?

It wasn't the cop shooting at him in my estimate. It was either someone from an elevated position shooting at him or he let off those rounds himself in panic with the cop behind him. It appears the cop almost pulled a number on him but the way the cop acts is itself strange. He makes little or no effort to save himself. Those look like some kind of fragmentation rounds the effects are strange.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaPpedDoG
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same sparks. I realize when he went to ambush him he opened fire (sparks flying.) Right before though, on the left (behind the killer) there are sparks. If it was him, why would he shoot in that direction?

Circled in red
he was shooting in that direction to begin with. The most logical explanation would be he has got jumpy on the trigger when the cop closed in behind him and shot the ground.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It is very much a hate crime. I've only seen white racist on ATS propose that people think 'only white people are racist', while at the same time, refusing to acknowledge that whites are ALSO racist. Two Black men were murdered a few days ago and you people dance through mental gymnastics to avoid confronting the issue.

Please explain who is the white racist you are referring to. In no way did I ever refuse to acknowledge that some white people are also racist. Unlike you, I don't believe that all white people are racist simply because they are white. I have done no mental gymnastics at all. I made an observation that is true and accurate. You are the one who is trying to deflect the original comment to two black men who were murdered 'a few days ago', with no cited reference or location or confirming information.

Perfect example of what I've just said above. White privilege is a thing. Racist white people do exist in America. That doesn't mean that racist Blacks/Asians/Hispanics don't exist.

How does that even remotely refer to obama not calling this a hate crime? I get it - you are mad to prove white people are racist. How does that affect obama not calling this a hate crime? It sounds like you are suggesting only white people are capable of hate. Which would certainly echo your apparent feelings, despite your pitiful attempt at stating otherwise, that only white people are racist.

What group is being raised and at the expense of whom? Serious question. Please provide examples.
What's wrong with the BET awards? You know that company is (was? unsure) owned and operated by a White guy?
You seem bitter for some reason. Do you hate Black people?

Seriously? Black people are being raised up, elevated, whatever you want to call it, at the expense of white people. I did provide examples, such as the BET awards. If you want to have BET awards, that nominate NO white people, you give up the right to complain about racism in awards shows such as not ENOUGH black people nominated for Oscars. White people are prohibited from entering the miss black American pageant, but black people are permitted to enter the Miss America pageant. How can you possibly cry racism when you are guilty yourself? If you want to complain about racism, clean your own house first. Don't be just as guilty, if not moreso, than the people you are complaining about.

Saying Black lives matter is in no way saying White lives don't matter. Many people have pointed that out, but those with a persecution complex simply refuse to acknowledge it. The Testicular Cancer Society should not exist because they are implying that non testicular cancer cancer patients don't matter eh? Its silly.

Yes it is. Why do you have to make it about color, unless the color has some role in determining how much the life matters? When you make a point to say that "black" lives matter, but fail to mention other people, yes, it implies that other lives do not matter as much - to you. Your cancer example is pure gibberish. I expect better than that, even from you.

You had me fooled. Black people shoot each other more, White people shoot each other more. So what? Why are you trying so hard to distract from the issue of Black people being targeted by racism? Are you afraid of Blacks? Do you hate them?I am very sorry that black people get shot by police officers so frequently. And I am very sorry that black people shoot each other even more frequently.

Well, take off your agenda-goggles and stop projecting your hate onto me and you will see the truth a lot better. I am not trying to distract from the issue of black people being targeted by racism. That was never the issue of my post or this thread. You are the one trying to distract the thread, and my comments therein, and make it about anti black racism. No, I am not afraid of black people. I had to laugh at that one. Projecting fear on to people is the last gasp of the failed argument. You just closed yourself out. Well done.

If you cared to look, you'd find it. Oh, you're waiting for FOX news to show you? What are you using the internet for then?

Don't even try to preach to me about what I will find here. I live here - Chicago. I know what is here. Nice try, not.

If these killings are in response to black people who were shot unjustly, then why target the smallest group of offenders, specifically white people? If it is about "black lives matter" then they should be going after the people who take the most black lives, right? But they aren't. They are targeting white people. And you have the nerve to say I am deflecting...

I'm going to ask you again, why are you trying so desperately to deflect the issue ? Where are the `good` cops executing the `bad` cops?

Good cops don't execute anyone. Nice to know you think that is how it should work though...

White cops are executing Blacks in the streets. Have you been paying attention the last couple of days?
But you're not going to give a flying # until its at your own front door. Maybe you'll take note if its you or yours next time.

I don't see executions. I see deaths that haven't been investigated yet. But somehow you already have all the answers and know all the details. God help anyone who brings it to my door. They will pick that loser up with a mop.

Who said that? But I can cite multiple people (from this very board!) that will justify profiling Blacks just because some other Blacks committed a crime . Do you not see the hypocrisy? You are part of the problem .

BLM said it when they targeted white people instead of the cops who actually shot the black guys you keep whining about. If it was about those specific individuals then they should have been the ones targeted, not that any sniper should be targeting anyone. But they chose to target "white" people and white people only.

Again, who said that? Where? Quote it.
I can cite multiple people (from this very board!) that will say I lost my job because of Affirmative Action though!

I will cite more references when you cite ANY references for the many people you claim to be quoting.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: six67seven

Totally agree, cops were under fire from ground level & above. He's not Superman moving faster than his own bullets here.

He could of just had a crowd of cops to surprise fire on from the beginning, to rack of some half the casualties, then took the rest down as they approached him. I doubt the police all had him matched in firepower initially. He had 2 rifles to load & lock on with. Then he had to dig in at some point. Maybe got some others in the process. Police in uniform tend to stand out from most regular folks.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CaPpedDoG

If you go to this post I made last night it is possible that what you are seeing is from this second officer(?):

Post about 2 different shooters, maybe cop

Which was in answer to this post: Mianeye's post of 2 different angles

Could that be it? Worth a check at least.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
I feel sorry for the robot, couldn't they have thrown a grenade or something?
Robocop will get a green light after this, and it's maybe not such a bad idea, robots can't be racist (unless programmed to be so of course) and will see all humans as equal. What it will have to do is decide that killing 1 human to save many others is the lesser of 2 evils. At least we won't have a 'race' issue anymore......
ETA don't get me wrong, we need cops. It's better to have cops with some bad ones thrown in, than to have no cops at all.
edit on 8-7-2016 by playswithmachines because: clarity

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Some questions.

iTruthSeeker

Copper and lead hitting concrete at several hundred feet per second will spark. No incendiaries needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join