It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s remember the time Donald Trump cashed a 13¢ check sent to him as a prank

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Where's the evidence that Trump walked into a bank and cashed the checks? I don't see it, because in business checks go to the accounting department and then deposited or cashed. Chances are Trump never even saw the check. If someone sent me a check for $0.13 I would deposit or cash it too, right along with the other checks I deposit. Money is money whether I was number 2 or 26 on a list.

When I got a refund check for six cents I framed it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
There is no evidence that he personally checked it as others pointed out and that it could be easier to simply cash it. The fact the left has gone so far as to us this as an attack against Trump and use insults in arguments speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that some on here believe trump would have even seen that cheque let alone cashed it.

Those same people are probably also the ones saying he would be bad for the economy, to me this article actually tells me Trump is responsible and frugal with money.

My jaded cynical mind is starting to think all this anti-Trump propaganda is actually pro-Trump propaganda in disguise

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ksiezyc

LOL the anti-Trump folk. They have nothing more

The fact that the pro-Trump people are seemingly obsessed with trashing this thread speaks volumes.

It's because this thread is trash.

People that aren't pro-Trump are trashing it too FYI.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

I'm sure Trump personally signs and cashes every single check received by the 500+ companies he owns.

What part of "it was a check made out to Donald Trump" are you not understanding? Eventually, 56 other celebrities figured out that they were being pranked. Trump evidently did not.

Surely you're aware that you can authorize others to cash checks for you...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I find it hilarious that some on here believe trump would have even seen that cheque let alone cashed it.

Please explain why the other 56 people, who also had a staff that deals with their business stopped depositing the checks, but Trump's did not.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Please explain why the other 56 people, who also had a staff that deals with their business stopped depositing the checks, but Trump's did not.

Who are these other people and how do you know they have a staff that deals with their finances?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What's a refund check

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, Trump's Dad always said....

"Life Was like a postbox full of checks......you never know how much you gonna get...."

Or was that "is".....

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

How often would actors receive cheques compared to business moguls?
I would assume any well trained staff would not question the amount and get on with their job and cash that cheque along with the dozens of others they had received that week.

Do you really believe Trump personally looked at that cheque, said yipee 13c and then took time out of his day to walk down to a bank, stood in line and then deposited it?

A hotel I worked for quite often when doing monthly reconciliations would invoice suppliers for minuscule amounts that they had been overcharged, I recall seeing an invoice for 2.5 Ringgit (about 80c) and laughing about it, when I asked why bother they explained it was for accounting purposes and that all discrepancies had to be accounted for no matter how small.

Considering the American Bureaucracies unfortunate habit of misplacing money or flat out losing it (the pentagon being unable to account for a few Billion$ several years ago comes to mind) should this story not be considered a plus for a presidential candidate?
edit on 4/7/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
here you go again, posting stories about Trump that are so stupid that I am forced to actually defend him (SPIT).

Send me a check for 13 cents and it'll be deposited with the days business. Small amount or not. And I doubt that Trump does his own accounting and banking, anyway. They were just pranking some poor account exec. at the firm that handles Donald's personal finances.

Stupid political hit pieces are still stupid when they are about Trump.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Because Trump hires professionals who take their fiduciary responsibility seriously?

I do accounting for a living....and would deposit a hundred checks for 13 cents if sent in. Laugh all you want, i have fiduciary responsibility to do so. Sounds like 54 people have half assed accountants doing shoddy work.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: ksiezyc

LOL the anti-Trump folk. They have nothing more

The fact that the pro-Trump people are seemingly obsessed with trashing this thread speaks volumes.

Id say the fact the anti Trumpers have resorted to using this story in an attempt to discredit him speaks catalogues of volumes.
You even have a few anti Trumpers themselves chiming in to say that A) he would not even have been aware of it and B) cashing it was good and sensible business practice.

Id also say that when people like yourself have nothing good to say about their candidate of choice and resort to petty mud slinging like this against the opposition it probably means they are slightly butt hurt and their candidate is useless

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I can't stand Trump, personally. I might even lean more toward Hillary than Trump (WRETCH, SPIT, WRETCH). The devil you know, and all that.

But truth...i love truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Speaking of pranks, here goes a good timely one:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
On a side note, SPY magazine sucked. The people who bought it were the forebears of hipsters who though SPY magazine was a great accessory to make them look "hip" and "cool".

Douchebag monthly.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Oh for goodness' sakes.

Do you have a point at all?

I can't stand the guy either or his army of loons, but you're really grasping here.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Where's the evidence that Trump walked into a bank and cashed the checks? I don't see it, because in business checks go to the accounting department and then deposited or cashed. Chances are Trump never even saw the check. If someone sent me a check for $0.13 I would deposit or cash it too, right along with the other checks I deposit. Money is money whether I was number 2 or 26 on a list.

This must mean you are the superior candidate.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow. No-one here seems to understand the concept of noblesse oblige.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Has politics in America become so petty that anyone would even care about something this silly. Sadly I suppose it has.

Good click-bait though I guess. There must be a small audience for it and I hope it would be very small.

Perhaps it really is time for voter literacy tests. God help us if this sort of nonsense factors into how people actually vote.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join