It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s remember the time Donald Trump cashed a 13¢ check sent to him as a prank

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
The responses to this thread prove what Trump himself said: he could stand on the street corner and shoot people and his supporters would still be behind him.

Why is that? Because he cashed a check made out to him?

That's just a little bit different than shooting someone in the street you know.

link   
well, as my granny use to say " if you mind your pennies your dollars will take care of themselves"

link   
a reply to: DJW001

But, what of us who aren't Donald Trump supporters? - kind of deflated that whole sentiment..

And good quote, you're actually coming back to some legitment talking points.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
It says 26 checked the checks lol. What 56? Out of 58, 26 checked the checks.

Is it a reading comprehension issue or a math issue? Out of 58, only 26 cashed the original checks. Spy sent smaller and smaller checks out until only two bothered to cash the one for thirteen cents. Why did Trump cash it and the others, who also had a staff, did not?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well this major exposure changes my mind on the entire political spectrum !!!!

Thinking twice now about Hillary !!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No what you just said isn't there. Yes there are those two cases, but not the rest of what you just said. Maybe you should provide a link?

Seriously has the left run out of ammo that now they're shooting marbles?

Oh and really stooping down to insults?
edit on 4-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Trump sure loves pennies, kinda like Scrooge Mcduck. Gotta love him even more now.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

No what you just said isn't there. Yes there are those two cases, but not the rest of what you just said. Maybe you should provide a link?

Actually, it is there, but thank you for pointing out I forgot to include a link.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It doesn't suggest increasingly smaller amount of people, just two instances of sending checks and no mention of it being to the same people.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

so he got a dollar twenty four for doing nothing other than putting the checks in with his deposits.
pretty smart if you ask me. he's a buck twenty four ahead now. that a buck twenty four more away from the red.
every penny counts these says.

edit on 4-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: turns out he got three checks from them, one for a $1.11, one for $.64,one for$.13 that's a buck eighty eight.
edit on 4-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Why would anyone not take money, regardless of the amount, money is money.

Are they authorized to sign his name on the back of a check? It was made out to him, personally, not his corporation. That was the whole point to the exercise.

Yes they are, it's usually also just a stamp, not an actual signature by the way.

Yep,

fusion.net...

I am also pretty sure it is mostly an automated process. The few people that saw the check most likely saw it as more trouble then it was worth NOT process it, as there would be more accounting and paperwork involved.

Not a Trump fan myself, but this whole thing is just stupid. Anybody with even a little bit of business knowledge would know how checks would be processed in large business. I can guarantee the check was sent to one of his businesses and not to any mailbox box Trump personally uses.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Dreamwatcher because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It doesn't suggest increasingly smaller amount of people, just two instances of sending checks and no mention of it being to the same people.

Definitely reading comprehension issues, then.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

I think the OP is just picturing Trump checking the mail and seeing the check, signing it, and driving to the bank and cashing it.

Nope, not how that whole thing works at all when it comes to businesses.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oh I love a good prank.

This one construction job I had, big commercial jobsites, once in a blue moon the owner would come tour a big site, and there was a couple guys this one day they'd throw pennies around inside the building ''in front" of his path trying to see him pick them up. I didn't get to see him do it, but they claimed he was known for it.

I did / learned some good pranks for the day to day at that job. This one guy, a fellow smack talker, I started getting real sick of his # so one day I got him with this prank I had heard about there was the "Panduit Strap on the Driveshaft" prank:

Its the best, once they get going it sounds like a tin can machine gun.

"Panduit" is the AC duct guy term for the extra large zip straps used to fasten flex duct pipe onto the hard ducts.

It's best to put a little duct tape over the strap to keep it from 'swooshing', likewise to cut the hanging strap portion down to about 10".

On many vehicles, like the Ford vans Ive done the only good spot to even get it around it is right next to the muffler, which enhances the effects.

Of course my first victim with this one knew what it was, which was part of the fun. It's even better for the unsuspecting victim they think their ride the wheels are going to fall off LOL
edit on 4-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

every penny counts these says.

To a billionaire? Oh, wait, he does keep declaring bankruptcy... maybe every penny does count for him.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Oh no. A lot of us do. Except replace "thinks" with "know".

Wow. Just wow. Sycophantic much? I hope that you're joking but I'm pretty sure that you're not; which is scary.
What makes it even scarier is that you have no idea how scary you are.

You're right about one thing though, how to "think" is not something you really know much about.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Where's the evidence that Trump walked into a bank and cashed the checks? I don't see it, because in business checks go to the accounting department and then deposited or cashed. Chances are Trump never even saw the check. If someone sent me a check for $0.13 I would deposit or cash it too, right along with the other checks I deposit. Money is money whether I was number 2 or 26 on a list.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse
Ok then um. BOO!!!!! LOL

No, we know he is a great man. Read up.

LOL the anti-Trump folk. They have nothing more

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

LOL the anti-Trump folk. They have nothing more

The fact that the pro-Trump people are seemingly obsessed with trashing this thread speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

hey any penny that is returned as was as the subterfuge a responsible business puts it back in the bank. common business practice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join