It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s remember the time Donald Trump cashed a 13¢ check sent to him as a prank

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: DJW001

You really think that check went into Trump's hands? I'm sure he had accountants taking care of all his check cashing ordeals...and I would suspect that is precisely what happened...I still despise the guy but this was a lame attempt to discredit him..

Actually, he discredited himself. The point to the prank was to see if Trump could be made a fool of. Small checks were sent out to a lot of people; half of them did not deposit them. After another round, the remaining half dropped out. Given that they, too, must have had secretaries and accountants, why were they spared the embarrassment of looking like a skinflint but Trump was not? Were their staffs (staves?) better trained? More observant? More concerned for their employer's public image? What set Trump and his people apart from the other fifty-odd millionaires and billionaires that Trump was left looking like a small fingered vulgarian who was also a miser?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Spy proved that he is a cheapskate as well.

They proved why he is rich.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

Spy proved that he is a cheapskate as well.

They proved why he is rich.

No; he was born to wealth. There has been speculation that his net worth has been steadily decreasing because he has been mismanaging his inheritance.
edit on 5-7-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

No; he was born to wealth. There has been speculation that his net worth has been steadily decreasing because he has been mismanaging his inheritance.

He had already made his fortune long before his inheritance.

It seems idiotic to thrown one's money away. Or maybe laziness.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Ah yes. Filing for bankruptcy is a sign of financial acumen.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ah, that could be it!. Q~M and M=L. So, yes, Q has nothing to do with L. M can be totally ~L. The Man can be totally illogical and insane and still defend someone's right to say something logical and sane. Or the Man can be totally logical and sane and defend someone's right to say something illogical and insane. Either way, the Man and Someone else can argue ad nauseum. And I'll defend their right to do so.... although, personally, I would have shrugged my shoulders and gone into the kitchen for a nice cold beer.

I remember something I read decades ago..... I left a plate of pancakes overnight on the kitchen table for an ET. When I woke up, the pancakes were gone. That means that ET exists! haha

Personally, I like living in a country where someone has my back about defending my right to say something, even though I might be trying to convince them that Et's exist because, "Look, they ate my pancakes!" Well, they'ld probably just shrug their shoulders and grab an ice cold beer out of my fridge.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This thread didn't turn out quite the way you thought it would did it?

edit on 5/7/2016 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

This thread didn't turn out quite the way you though it would did it?

ON THE CONTRARY! IT IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECTED!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So you're saying the point of this thread was political bait.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Ah yes. Filing for bankruptcy is a sign of financial acumen.

So has Warren Buffet, Henry Ford, Walt Disney and Bill Gates. Not to mention Abe Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson and William McKinley. I guess they lack financial acumen.
edit on 5-7-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

ON THE CONTRARY! IT IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECTED!!!

Of course it is

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

So you're saying the point of this thread was political bait.

Nope. I simply recounted a practical joke that made Donald Trump look cheap. His minions have spent five pages trying to make it go away. Why are Trump supporters so sensitive?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

This is what you expected. So the point was political bait
Don't save yourself now lol

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

This is what you expected. So the point was political bait
Don't save yourself now lol

There was nothing political about it. Donald Trump is a short fingered vulgarian.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Nope. I simply recounted a practical joke that made Donald Trump look cheap. His minions have spent five pages trying to make it go away. Why are Trump supporters so sensitive?

What do you suggest, throwing away your own money?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Trump is in politics. Of course this was a politically motivated attack on his character. And political bait. Argh.

edit on 5-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'm from the UK so I don't have a horse in this race.....but I can spot cheap baiting when I see it!

Shame really, because you are normally a poster I can relate to

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Trump is in politics. Of course this was a politically motivated attack on his character. And political bait. Argh.

I can assure you I detested his character long before he started dabbling in politics.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

What do you suggest, throwing away your own money?

It wasn't his money. Neither he nor his staff made any attempt to find out where the money was coming from or why. Does this sound wise for someone seeking office?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hillary deals with direct deposit only. No paper trail.

And i bet she knows from where exactly every penny comes from.

Since she has no bizzes, it's only a matter of matching which day of the week with which foreign govt.

That's why so many pics of her everywhere checking her accounts on her blackberry.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join