It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes Turn Blue Before Death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

lol, ill not stay up for near 72 hours :p

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
My grandfather passed away in 1991. My mother and father were at his bedside, and they reported the same thing you're talking about--blue eyes (normally brown). He had pancreatic cancer, but wasn't on any meds (not even painkillers) at the time of his passing.

My deepest sympathies to you.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Any damage to the eye can cause a color change. Lack of oxygen to the iris tear production decreased. If thr iris changes color something is blockin the production of malinin. Can be multiple things even nerve damage people going through chemo and radiation therapy. And even can be caused by the use of eye drops that damage the iris. Without knowing her medical condition it's impossible to say what could have caused it. But it all relates back to the production of malinin.

She has had no damage to her eye. No chemo. No radiation. No eye drops. And it is spelled melanin. Her tear production is fine.

Her eye color simply changed completely between 6/24 and 7/1.
edit on 4-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TramperoJuan
My grandfather passed away in 1991. My mother and father were at his bedside, and they reported the same thing you're talking about--blue eyes (normally brown). He had pancreatic cancer, but wasn't on any meds (not even painkillers) at the time of his passing.

My deepest sympathies to you.

TY TramperoJuan

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yes, and thank you ill be there anytime, I enjoy talking to you.
edit on 4-7-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Yes, and thank you ill be there anytime.

Thank you for being there at the right time, sweetie. I opened my laptop when I was in there with my mom for hours and it was so quiet.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Lurker for 10+ years, and I joined just to reply to this topic.

First, sorry for what you're going through. I am 33 years young and have lost more than half my extended family since my teens.

Second... My grandfather passed the day after my wedding in 2007. My grandmother made it a point to mention to me that, after being unconscious/asleep for over 48 hours, the hour of my wedding vows, my grandfather's eyes snapped open, and were a brighter shade of blue than my grandmother had EVER seen, almost a steel grey, and he asked if I was getting married that day. My grandmother replied that, Yes, I was. She told me that he stared at her with those bright blue eyes for a while longer, said "Okay.", then closed his eyes and went to sleep.

He died the next morning. His eyes were always blue/green, but I never remember them being a steel grey, and photographs confirm this.

Don't know why, but your thread struck a chord with me.

I guess that i won't be a good case study, since my eyes are a natural grey.
edit on 4-7-2016 by cynicalheathen because: small correction

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Lurker for 10+ years, and I joined just to reply to this topic.

First, sorry for what you're going through. I am 33 years young and have lost more than half my extended family since my teens.

Second... My grandfather passed the day of my wedding in 2007. My grandmother made it a point to mention to me that, after being unconscious/asleep for over 48 hours, the hour of my wedding vows, my grandfather's eyes snapped open, and were a brighter shade of blue than my grandmother had EVER seen, almost a steel grey, and he asked if I was getting married that day. My grandmother replied that, Yes, I was. She told me that he stared at her with those bright blue eyes for a while longer, said "Okay.", then closed his eyes and went to sleep.

He died the next morning. His eyes were always blue/green, but I never remember them being a steel grey, and photographs confirm this.

Don't know why, but your thread struck a chord with me.

I guess that i won't be a good case study, since my eyes are a natural grey.

It is a fair example. A lot of people say eye color changed to something obviously different, soon before death even if it wasn't as radical as brown to blue. Many say over to a steel grey. Yet, still, an astonishing change.

ty

Thanks for registering.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your situation

There are a few testimonials saying exactly what you are on this page:
en.allexperts.com...

Seems not-uncommon by the time people need hospice care.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thoughts and prayers...

I've never heard of the phenomenon, so I can't help you there...

Just a suggestion, if it helps at all... If you can't bring her home, maybe you could bring home to her?... Hospices, trying to maximize comfort, should allow bringing momentos, pictures, and even maybe some small but familiar furniture... Something that home wouldn't be home without, if that makes sense...

Best wishes to you and yours.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have no knowledge of the eye color change, but wish both you and she peace at this time. I know it's hard and wish you well.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Some people say that they see a blue spirit when they die. An interesting coincidence:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

First of all my heart goes out to you and your family during such a trying time.

I can't offer incite about the eye color changes being related to illness, medication, or death. However, my eyes have changed multiple times my whole life. My friends and family have often compared my eyes to a "mood ring". Depending on my emotions they can be anywhere from dark grey too green. Typically my eyes are blue, when I'm angry or frustrated or stressed they become steely grey. Happier times seem to lighten them up. I don't know the science behind why eye color changes but it does happen.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeYinAndSomeYang
Thoughts and prayers...

I've never heard of the phenomenon, so I can't help you there...

Just a suggestion, if it helps at all... If you can't bring her home, maybe you could bring home to her?... Hospices, trying to maximize comfort, should allow bringing momentos, pictures, and even maybe some small but familiar furniture... Something that home wouldn't be home without, if that makes sense...

Best wishes to you and yours.

We are bringing in as much as we can

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
blue eyes

Hang in there....she is at peace.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: milano
blue eyes

Hang in there....she is at peace.

I feel she has already exited the room. Her eyes open on occasion or she moans when turned. But my mother exited the room at least late Saturday night.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

My mother is 95 and has been in and out of Hospice during the past year. She's not very coherent and has difficulty saying anything. She also doesn't recognize anyone in the family. She's been a fighter her entire life even when death is knocking on the door. Mom's eye's use to be hazel and have now turned a light brown. For 95, she hardly takes any medication, just a pill for depression.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
My mother had a terrible, terrible stroke.
When she did open her eyes they were blue, when they had been brown.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry you are going through this.
Nothing to add about eye color.
Thoughts are with you.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Echoing the thoughts of others, empathizing with you in your impending loss, I hope you find your own peace, as your Mom is finding hers. Time seems to be the best physician in that regard. (My mom died in 1995.)

I think your mom would be proud of the work you do here at ATS, as you must have inherited some of that fire from her.

Will be thinking of you in the days to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join