It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Tells Florida Agencies To Deny Public Records Requests On Orlando Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MystikMushroom

IF there WAS evidence that Orlando was a 'hate' crime.

Why not release it to the public ?

Hell we live in a era where people get burned alive, and beheaded on tv, and shot in the streets.

The American public can handle anything.

Why not wait for a few weeks and just let them finish the investigation? Why are you so eager to know all the details, are you a forensics expert? Are you a criminologist? Are you a trained investigator capable to coming to better conclusions than the FBI?

None of us are more qualified than the people currently doing the investigation. Let them do their damn jobs.

The height of public arrogance is astounding. The public is insanely ignorant, yet they think they know how to run an investigation better than the people who have trained and doing it for years.

The last thing the FBI need is the public hindering them with time-wasting public records requests.
edit on 30-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Why not wait for a few weeks and just let them finish the investigation?

IF those people in Pulse been wearing hoodies it would have already been over.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: neo96

I'm not screaming "national security" - I'm saying that when an investigation is being conducted, the people doing it need to be left alone to do their job without the public mobbing them for information at every turn.

If the hyperventilating masses would slow their roll and hang tight, the records that people want released will be, in time.

The FBI needs to just focus on doing their job without being messed with. People with agendas would love nothing more than to confuse the narrative by screwing around with half-investigated facts by strong-arming the FBI into acquiescing over "records".

It can be more damaging to everyone if information is released before its been fully investigated. Once you let the cat out of the bag with bad/faulty information -- it's almost impossible to put it back. The people's minds have been tainted with falsehoods and untrue information that was forcibly released before thoroughly investigated.

I don't see why this is a big deal or hard to comprehend.

How would any of you like to be hounded by everyone at your job all the time? Would you like to stop what you are doing every few minutes to make a report on what every detail of your job implies? Would you ever be able to get much work done if you had to explain to laypeople what each step you took meant?

Of course not.

Let the Feds do their investigation and then go all crazy on them with FOIA requests.

Sheesh.

Dude, no, just no. That would have been an acceptable excuse BEFORE they tried to censor any references to ISIS or Islamic terrorism. After that, no one believes that excuse and even if it is the the truth, it doesn't matter -- they need to change the way they operate to be more transparent in light of their inability to be trusted.

People don't trust the federal government's law enforcement agencies ability to conduct honest investigations into terrorism anymore. They need to be more transparent as a result, even if it breaks prior protocol and best practices.
edit on 6/30/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Why not wait for a few weeks and just let them finish the investigation?

IF those people in Pulse been wearing hoodies it would have already been over.

How do you know that? Are you a LEO with a background in criminal investigation...?

...Because if so, don't hide that fact my man, if you've got some kind of professional insight into the inner workings of an federal investigation, I'm seriously all ears.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

I thought we want efficient investigations, and efficient spending of tax money and resources.

Well, what is it?

People seem to complain either way. They complain if they're kept in the dark, or they complain when things take to long because the public has their noses into everything.

You can have it fast or you can have it cheap. Pick one as you can't have both.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

How do you know that?

Paying close attention to domestic issues for the last eight years.

Only on INTERNATIONAL issues do they like to 'take their sweet little time'.

And I do have insight to the inner workings of the US government.

edit on 30-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

How do you know that?

Paying close attention to domestic issues for the last eight years.

Only on INTERNATIONAL issues do they like to 'take their sweet little time'.

It might be an international issue, and to be safe shouldn't we allow the professionals the breathing room to make that determination?

I'm not convinced it was 100% an international issue, but I'd prefer to allow the people who know how to investigate these things to be left alone to do their jobs.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It might be an international issue, and to be safe shouldn't we allow the professionals the breathing room to make that determination?

Apparently it is international hence the calls of NATSEC earlier in the thread by others.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why do they need a jury? The presumed perp is dead according to the narrative.

(post by Deny Arrogance removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Mrgone
This was slipped through quietly in the night.

us repeals anti propaganda laws

This article is from 2013. It does not mean what you think it means.
yet doesn't matter when they wrote it. Are you implying I'm ignorant of the word propaganda?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Obama Admin Tells Florida Agencies To Deny Public Records Requests On Orlando Attack

What ? No way I am believing this. Obama promised and has given us nearly 8 years of the most transparent government in the history of the US.He even won an award for Transparency in Government . Days after taking office. Behind closed doors.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

These Government morons WORK FOR US. I am tired of them 'protecting' us from the tree of knowledge. Let us know the truth and then we can form our own opinion.

Also, the typical left-wingers are here to defend this travesty of the public trust. They apparently don't want a free and open society. It's disgusting.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ah, the old Sandy Hook "don't ask, don't tell" mantra and complete denial of any and all public records related to the event and people involved.
FOIA requests will be rubber stamped DENIED and anything else will fall under the aegis of "national security".
"We're keeping it secret to protect you".
Somehow the definition of national security doesn't mean the same thing to the people as it does to those in government.
We have a real problem there.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I do Open Records requests and appeals all the time. One of the exceptions is an active police investigation, which this surely is. No agency should be "spilling the beans" in the middle of the investigation, even I believe in that.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yes, the similarities between SH and this one, SB and this one, are quite striking. For many these events seem to establish a pattern of behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join