It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Tells Florida Agencies To Deny Public Records Requests On Orlando Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: neo96
Why yes people.

Jilted lovers that go around shooting up clubs should be federal investigations, and matters of 'NATIONAL SECURITY'.

In all my 45 years.

First time I ever heard that line of BULL SNIP.

Wait a minute ... so now you're accepting that the Orlando shooting was primarily a hate crime?

LOL ... the wind changed again, it seems.

From the people going around saying 'National Security'.

Which means TERRORISM.

Yeah that wind.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Should we investigate possible ties to ISIS, or should we just let it go?

Wouldn't have been the first time Marteen was let go.

Marteen is dead.

Are you saying we should not investigate any potential ties he had and if there may be others in the US that may commit a similar act?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
dp
edit on 30-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
dp

link   
dp

link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Liberals cannot afford the public to know what radical Islam actually thinks about homosexuality…
Sharia Law as a political ethos is bent on the subjugation of women and the genocide of homosexuals…
American (and worldwide) progressives, for reasons unknown, have adopted this "culture" as their pet minority to foster and apologize for at every turn while Radical Islam attempts to destroy the high West…

We, who landed on the moon and split the atom, will be made to bow on our knees to a culture whose intellectual sensibilities reside in the 7th century...And whose primary voice was/is a pedophilic sociopathic warlord.

-Christosterone

The public does not know what radical Islam thinks about homosexuality?

Is that a thing where, for only, the price of a cup of coffee, I too can adopt a radical Islamist?

Is bowing on your knees laying down? Why will you be made to do that?

link   
dp
edit on 30-6-2016 by reldra because: site froze

link   
Oh So Marteen 'might' have been part of a cell network!

So much for hate crimes.

So much for jilted ex lover.

link   
DP

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I don't know why Americans think they're little Ceasar's and entitled to have a universal magic key to everything at all times all the time.

Why aren't people crying, moaning and bitching about not being able to just waltz into Area 51? What about our secret nuclear programs -- shouldn't any request for information be just handed over?

If every Tom, Dick, and Harry mobbed the offices that are involved with the investigation, it would bog down the process, muddy the water, and delay and findings.

For starters, you are not comparing apples to oranges. Government "secrets" are not the same as civilian matters. A mass shooting, police 911 recordings, etc are civil matters. Nuclear facilities are "government secrets". Obviously there is a national security interest. Increasingly however, everything (domestic or not) is being labeled "terrorism" and treated like a national security issues. The more the government is allowed to just dub everything a national security issue to stop public access the more it will be used. Eventually we will all just come to be told that everything is a potential national security issue until they deem it otherwise.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And to think people ?

Release of those records would put this ALL to rest.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Oh So Marteen 'might' have been part of a cell network!

We don't know. That is why there is an ongoing investigation and why they would not release certain information because it could compromise that investigation.

This is fairly elementary stuff, Neo.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: truthster013

UH...

An FBI investigation is a Federal matter, and as such subject to not being open to public scrutiny until completed.

The FBI need to be able to do their job without every Tom, Dick, and Harry who thinks they're better than the FBI at doing their job in the way.

Lots of arm chair investigators around here, thinking they know how to do the FBI's job better....

When the Feds step in and take over jurisdictional and operational control over a crime scene, they are under no obligation to make every hair fiber and piece of evidence they find (as they find it) instantly available to the entire world.

For starters, it keeps wild speculation and half-true stories from becoming fact.

Which is something agent provocateurs loved doing in the Cold War. Stir the pot, freak the people out, muddy the water and push an agenda.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We don't ?

But it was a slam dunk in this thread.

Pulse Nightclub Shooter Spurned by Boyfriends, ‘Did it for Revenge’

Today some familiar faces are screaming 'national security' !!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Withdrawn.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Just ran out of troll flakes ...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: truthster013

When the Feds step in and take over jurisdictional and operational control over a crime scene, they are under no obligation to make every hair fiber and piece of evidence they find (as they find it) instantly available to the entire world.

I'll stop counterpointing very soon so we don't beat the same dead horse. However, no one here was talking about making "every hair fiber and piece of evidence" available. You are taking extreme positions to make your point which is a typical tactic. The issue I was commenting on for example are calls to our public police department or municipality. These public serving places can respond to public requests and should when asked. They do not have to make it INSTANTLY available however. But when the government steps in and tells them not to comply with requests that is another matter entirely. The FBI already has all that information by now. Letting the people see it isn't slowing them down. Stepping in and telling public officials not to serve the public is a matter of hiding something.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm not screaming "national security" - I'm saying that when an investigation is being conducted, the people doing it need to be left alone to do their job without the public mobbing them for information at every turn.

If the hyperventilating masses would slow their roll and hang tight, the records that people want released will be, in time.

The FBI needs to just focus on doing their job without being messed with. People with agendas would love nothing more than to confuse the narrative by screwing around with half-investigated facts by strong-arming the FBI into acquiescing over "records".

It can be more damaging to everyone if information is released before its been fully investigated. Once you let the cat out of the bag with bad/faulty information -- it's almost impossible to put it back. The people's minds have been tainted with falsehoods and untrue information that was forcibly released before thoroughly investigated.

I don't see why this is a big deal or hard to comprehend.

How would any of you like to be hounded by everyone at your job all the time? Would you like to stop what you are doing every few minutes to make a report on what every detail of your job implies? Would you ever be able to get much work done if you had to explain to laypeople what each step you took meant?

Of course not.

Let the Feds do their investigation and then go all crazy on them with FOIA requests.

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee
a reply to: Gryphon66

Did i say that? I said anything that is deemed public, should be. Or are we changing laws for certain criminal acts only? The law is the law. Besides, certain pieces of information in any case are not for public view, so why the need for O to even annouce this? Unless hes making his own laws now.

An open Federal investigation into possible terrorism is not "public." No one is changing laws.

What in the heck do you mean by "why the need for O to announce this"?

The article regards a letter from the Tampa FBI chief.

You're starting to sound like another partisan drive-by here.

Read the title of the thread, obama admin...i drive by when i can, but got to run now to run my company. Ps.... give the people the info! There should be nothing to hide, unless there is!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

IF there WAS evidence that Orlando was a 'hate' crime.

Why not release it to the public ?

Hell we live in a era where people get burned alive, and beheaded on tv, and shot in the streets.

The American public can handle anything.

edit on 30-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Did i say that? I said anything that is deemed public, should be. Or are we changing laws for certain criminal acts only? The law is the law. Besides, certain pieces of information in any case are not for public view, so why the need for O to even annouce this? Unless hes making his own laws now.

An open Federal investigation into possible terrorism is not "public." No one is changing laws.

What in the heck do you mean by "why the need for O to announce this"?

The article regards a letter from the Tampa FBI chief.

You're starting to sound like another partisan drive-by here.

Read the title of the thread, obama admin...i drive by when i can, but got to run now to run my company. Ps.... give the people the info! There should be nothing to hide, unless there is!

I see the word "Obama" may be a trigger for you.

Good luck "running your company" ... I hope you find a safe space.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join