It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Tells Florida Agencies To Deny Public Records Requests On Orlando Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: neo96

The answer seems to be that it is an active investigation.

They are called public records for a reason. Anything not deemed for public view is not available. Why do you feel the need to defend anything liberal? You should try thinking outside the box, this is the place for it. We can get the liberal view on every other media outlet.

Perhaps you can explain why pointing out that an on-going investigation possibly involving terrorism shouldn't be mucked around with is "liberal"?

If anything that's authoritarian, or at least acknowledging that there are times when authoritarian responses are reasonable.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Liberals cannot afford the public to know what radical Islam actually thinks about homosexuality…
Sharia Law as a political ethos is bent on the subjugation of women and the genocide of homosexuals…
American (and worldwide) progressives, for reasons unknown, have adopted this "culture" as their pet minority to foster and apologize for at every turn while Radical Islam attempts to destroy the high West…

We, who landed on the moon and split the atom, will be made to bow on our knees to a culture whose intellectual sensibilities reside in the 7th century...And whose primary voice was/is a pedophilic sociopathic warlord.

-Christosterone
edit on 30-6-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

They are called public records for a reason. Anything not deemed for public view is not available. Why do you feel the need to defend anything liberal? You should try thinking outside the box, this is the place for it. We can get the liberal view on every other media outlet.

Not really. When I have to get my news from Comedy Central and YouTube...

So much for "liberal media bias".

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If there was a Republican in the White House, I submit, the argument would be that the press was jeopardizing a terrorist investigation.

I think I'm going to name this phenomenon The Inverse Law of Authoritarianism:

"When one is not in power, balk the system tirelessly. When in power, enforce the system ruthlessly."

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: introvert

LOL ... amazing what one finds when one reads more than the first line of a "report" isn't it?

Indeed.

You would think by now that people would actually learn to go just a bit deeper than a sensational headline. More often than not, there is a lot more to the story.

Oh well.
edit on 30-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That is not a liberal idea, it is simply a fact. Why do you feel the need to label this liberal or conservative?

The records have not yet been made public, apparently.
edit on 30-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

LOL ... amazing what one finds when one reads more than the first line of a "report" isn't it?

Sure is.

The “FBI doesn’t have the authority to hijack Florida’s constitution, which guarantees us a right of access to all non-exempt public records,” Barbara Petersen, President of the First Amendment Foundation, told the Orlando Sentinel. Read more: dailycaller.com...

link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Yes, liberals and the gay community are absolutely clueless about the attitudes of radical Islam (and other fundamentalist religions) toward homosexuals.

It's such a well-hidden secret.

Good gravy.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

If it's a Federal investigation the FBI absolutely can take over and have jurisdictional authority over an investigation.

Haven't you ever watched X-Files?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Barbara Petersen is mistaken in terms of Federal jurisdiction.

Investigating possible terrorism (not to mention, mass-murders) are Federal matters.

I see you're waffling and don't want to comment on the possible national security issues at stake here?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Did i say that? I said anything that is deemed public, should be. Or are we changing laws for certain criminal acts only? The law is the law. Besides, certain pieces of information in any case are not for public view, so why the need for O to even annouce this? Unless hes making his own laws now.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Sure is.

The “FBI doesn’t have the authority to hijack Florida’s constitution, which guarantees us a right of access to all non-exempt public records,” Barbara Petersen, President of the First Amendment Foundation, told the Orlando Sentinel. Read more: dailycaller.com...

I read Barbara Peterson's statement. Perhaps we should email it to every police chief in the country and see what their answer is about ongoing investigations.

link   
I had no idear there were so many GW's running around on this site.

Quoting 'National Security' !!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Did i say that? I said anything that is deemed public, should be. Or are we changing laws for certain criminal acts only? The law is the law. Besides, certain pieces of information in any case are not for public view, so why the need for O to even annouce this? Unless hes making his own laws now.

An open Federal investigation into possible terrorism is not "public." No one is changing laws.

What in the heck do you mean by "why the need for O to announce this"?

The article regards a letter from the Tampa FBI chief.

You're starting to sound like another partisan drive-by here.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why yes people.

Jilted lovers that go around shooting up clubs should be federal investigations, and matters of 'NATIONAL SECURITY'.

In all my 45 years.

First time I ever heard that line of BULL SNIP.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I had no idear there were so many GW's running around on this site.

Quoting 'National Security' !!

Well, you're usually one of them.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Why yes people.

Jilted lovers that go around shooting up clubs should be federal investigations, and matters of 'NATIONAL SECURITY'.

In all my 45 years.

He invoked the name of ISIS in the calls.

That would raise some red flags that should be investigated.

Should we investigate possible ties to ISIS, or should we just let it go?
edit on 30-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Why yes people.

In all my 45 years.

Wait a minute ... so now you're accepting that the Orlando shooting was primarily a hate crime?

LOL ... the wind changed again, it seems.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Should we investigate possible ties to ISIS, or should we just let it go?

Wouldn't have been the first time Marteen was let go.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

From the last line of the OP:

Mateen was reported to have been a self-loathing gay man, but reports say the FBI has found zero evidence to substantiate that claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join