It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media inadvertently admits the Sun's role in "climate change".

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why the sun going blank means a ‘Game of Thrones’-like winter is coming.

You may not have noticed but our sun has gone as blank as a cue ball. As in, it’s lost its spots. According to scientists, this unsettling phenomenon is a sign we are heading for a mini ice age.

Meteorologist and renowned sun-watcher Paul Dorian raised the alarm in his latest report, which has sparked a mild panic about an impending “Game of Thrones”-style winter not seen since the 17th century.

“For the second time this month, the sun has gone completely blank,” Dorian says. “The blank sun is a sign that the next solar minimum is approaching and there will be an increasing number of spotless days over the next few years.

“At first, the blankness will stretch for just a few days at a time, then it’ll continue for weeks at a time, and finally it should last for months at a time when the sunspot cycle reaches its nadir.

The next solar minimum phase is expected to take place around 2019 or 2020.”

According to NASA, the sun goes through a natural solar cycle approximately every 11 years.

The cycle is marked by the increase and decrease of sunspots — visible as dark blemishes on the sun’s surface, or photosphere.

The greatest number of sunspots in any given solar cycle is designated as “solar maximum.” The lowest number is “solar minimum.”

Given that the sun is the main driver of all weather and climate, the sinister-sounding “blankness” to which Dorian refers has some experts predicting a “Maunder Minimum” phase similar to one which began in 1645 and which is referred to as the “Little Ice Age.”

I had made a similar thread on this back in 2013:

Absence of sunspots, bitterly cold winters, some predicting a mini ice age.

In the more recent article, they even say that the sun is the "main driver of climate and weather".

Will TPTB finally admit that there are valid reasons to question the climate change agenda, not the least of which are bankster controlled carbon credits?

The answer is no.

edit on 29-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

If we were to enter an Ice age it would be very visible in summer time, ice ages carry winter snow, ice and cold weather trough summer to the next coming winter.

As it is now there are no signs of anything near above, on the contrary we see record warm summers, there is no ice age around the corner.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Damnit, I don't want no mini ice age. I love the heat, thats why I have stayed in Florida. Well, maybe there will be a chance of snow in the Panhandle again then a few times. I'll drive to see that. I only seen snow once in my life when I took my winter break from school in Chicago as a teenager.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
And here I thought the science was 'settled'.

Given that the sun is the main driver of all weather and climate,

I wonder how the POLITICAL scientists spin this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So maybe they can put more CO2 into the atmosphere to avert an ice age.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So maybe they can put more CO2 into the atmosphere to avert an ice age.

I though they were going to TAX us more to make it warmer

Gin

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Of course it's mankind's fault that sun is losing its power. All that space pollution with rocket flights and satellites and other wastes, something that should be taxed too! And lets not forget all the solar panels that suck the power outta our sun.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And here I thought the science was 'settled'.

I wonder how the POLITICAL scientists spin this one.

First off, Al Gore and hockey stick graphs(please ignore the Maunder Minimum)

Also, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney teamed up with Halliburton and Blackwater to alter the magnetic core of the sun...they further altered it fusion cycle to slow photons on their journey out of the sun...

So it's still man made global cooling...or warming...oh wait, climate change....with occasional el ninos when everything goes against any of the aforementioned models...
THANKS SCIENCE

-Christosterone

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Aren't they still trying to crucify those who deny global warming (or is it climate change?) They could tax us all on the amount of sun we consume during the day, in the name of science to correct the detrimental effects of man kind on the sun.

New tax legislation is in order!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Obviously is Trumps fault.

Vote Hillary, she'll burn enough books and emails to save the planet.

But seriously, it's things like this that the "Climies" will ignore so they can push for punishing anyone who doesn't believe the same way that they do.

Kind of like ISIS.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You mean all those carbon emissions are screwing with the sun too?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If the media says its so, it must be true. They never exagerate or lie!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

You'll have to forgive that experiment. I talked them into trying to make the sun go partial supernova for frying those that couldn't think for themselves.

Had I known they were going to buy it; I would have sold my idea for more than a buck 38.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well if we use the same logic you all do then this is just a prediction and nothing more. Or is that since you all agree with it then it must be the case?

I'm not saying it is wrong, just that it doesn't negate anything about the increase of co2.

Love how divisive the thread already is too, but I'll see you all complaining about the powers that be doing it in different thread.
edit on thWed, 29 Jun 2016 13:00:50 -0500America/Chicago620165080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thWed, 29 Jun 2016 13:15:01 -0500America/Chicago620160180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
If the media says its so, it must be true. They never exagerate or lie!

Well we know politicians most certainly do.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that the sentence which includes the phrase,

was written by an un-credited reporter from news.com.au.

I'll wager this reporter is not an atmospheric scientist; probably not a science major of any kind.

The sun is the most important source of energy to our planet.

edit on 6/29/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

It doesn't matter, as long as it says something different than co2 is bad some people won't care. They refuse to look at the science of that matter but will then take this and some how use it make it look like agw is all a giant hoax when it really isn't connected.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Obviously is Trumps fault. Vote Hillary, she'll burn enough books and emails to save the planet.
come now ...every one knows that it's Putin's fault ...those darn Russians and their sun spot gun ...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
No No No !!! BS !!!!! The sun is weakening because of earth's global warming! It's like when they use fire to fight wildfires. There MUST be some explaination as to WHY it's humanity's fault that the sun is weakening.

Here's the solution:

MORE TAXES AND LESS FREEDOM!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You're right. I just couldn't stop myself.

Actually, switching into ATS conspiracy mode, since it is the Elite-Owned MainStreamMedia making this proclamation, shouldn't we suspect it is a total lie? hehehe

Media announces sun's role in climate change

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join