It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media inadvertently admits the Sun's role in "climate change".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Meteorologist and renowned sun-watcher Paul Dorian raised the alarm in his latest report, which has sparked a mild panic about an impending “Game of Thrones”-style winter not seen since the 17th century.

I beg to differ; I Believe that the sun will turn our planet into a desert like Luke Skywalkers home planet Tattooine.

It boggles the mind how the MSM can correlate sunspots with a fictional continent from a fantasy novel; they may as well strike while the Iron is hot and call the Zika Virus a zombie apocalypse and call Norman Reedus so he can save the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I have scientific evidence that everyone needs to study. I have charted out the empirical data for everyone to see.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: Sremmos80

You're right. I just couldn't stop myself.

Actually, switching into ATS conspiracy mode, since it is the Elite-Owned MainStreamMedia making this proclamation, shouldn't we suspect it is a total lie? hehehe

Media announces sun's role in climate change

Na, because they need to planet to stick around so they can rule over it.

Unless they are space lizards from a planet sized battlestation that orbits the entire galaxy, in which case they want environmental chaos so that it's easier to harvest humans upon their return

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Not empirical or scientific.
And I know it was a joke.
edit on thWed, 29 Jun 2016 13:49:47 -0500America/Chicago620164780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I blame brexit

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So one meteorologist says something and it disproves all of climate change. The vast majority of climatologists agree on climate change and they're shills. Makes sense.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You just don't get it! Do your own research and stop listening to those paid shills!!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And here I thought the science was 'settled'.

Given that the sun is the main driver of all weather and climate,

I wonder how the POLITICAL scientists spin this one.

OMG ignorance is reaching a new low even for ATS. Of fricking course the Sun is the main driver of all weather and climate since it is the primary source of energy in our solar system. It is the primary driver of all weather on all planets, comets, asteroids and moons.

However, the secondary effect is how each body absorbs and dissipates the energy from the sun. Hence atmosphere and magnetic fields have an affect. Then there is the tertiary effects of third parties such as comet impacts which affects the atmosphere with enough dust for example.

But carry on with ignorance........

Love to know one thing. Where the hell do you think all the energy that drives our weather systems comes from if it's not the sun?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Given that the sun is the main driver of all weather and climate, the sinister-sounding “blankness” to which Dorian refers has some experts predicting a “Maunder Minimum” phase similar to one which began in 1645 and which is referred to as the “Little Ice Age.”
Yeah. Some think so. Others aren't quite so sure about how strong the correlation is.

The thing is, the relationship between sunspot activity and climate is a topic of quite a bit of speculation more than anything. The much vaunted Little Ice Age seems to have actually started well before the Maunder minimum. Did the minimum exacerbate it? Maybe. Would a prolonged decrease in solar activity reverse the effects of increased CO2 levels? Let's just continue, and find out. Find out if there is a prolonged minimum in the works. Find out if the CO2 we pump into the atmosphere stops temperatures from falling.

The Maunder Minimum, also known as the "prolonged sunspot minimum", is the name used for the period starting in about 1645 and continuing to about 1715 when sunspots became exceedingly rare, as noted by solar observers of the time.

The Little Ice Age is a period between about 1300 and 1870 during which Europe and North America were subjected to much colder winters than during the 20th century. The period can be divided in two phases, the first beginning around 1300 and continuing until the late 1400s.

(Both from wikipedia)

The thing is we've been seeing a decline in solar activity, but temperatures keep rising.

edit on 6/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
a reply to: Christosterone

I have scientific evidence that everyone needs to study. I have charted out the empirical data for everyone to see.

The article in the OP is not about the "Temp of the Sun" but please, provide evidence that there is a one to one relationship between the "Temp of the Sun" and the "Temp of Earth."

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: gladtobehere

If we were to enter an Ice age it would be very visible in summer time, ice ages carry winter snow, ice and cold weather trough summer to the next coming winter.

As it is now there are no signs of anything near above, on the contrary we see record warm summers, there is no ice age around the corner.

Yes there is! It is simply a cycle and we have run out of time. We have had our 10000 years of nice weather, now .... winter IS coming.

P

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Where does the "Little Ice Age" (what the OP is talking about) appear on that plot?

While we may be staving off the next glacial period in the longer term, the shorter term consequences are really the concern.

Most CO2 scenarios (15) led to an exceptionally long interglacial from 5000 years before the present to 50,000 years from now (see the bottom panel of the figure), with the next glacial maximum in 100,000 years. Only for CO2 concentrations less than 220 ppmv was an early entrance into glaciation simulated (15).

campus.udayton.edu...

We've sort of tossed that 220 ppmv out the window.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Seriously Phage.

Is arguing that critical to you.

We have a repeating cycle and now you show a claim that says all of the previous cyclic history of the planet can be thrown in the trash because you have found one silly para from the 'Don't worry / Be happy' crowd.

You should know a lot better than that!

P

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

We have a repeating cycle and now you show a claim that says all of the previous cyclic history of the planet can be thrown in the trash because you have found one silly para from the 'Don't worry / Be happy' crowd.

What we are seeing now is an anomaly in that "cycle." That "cycle" says it should be cooling and it isn't. The cooling stopped.

I'm not the one saying "don't worry", btw.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What we are seeing now is an anomaly in that "cycle." That "cycle" says it should be cooling and it isn't. The cooling stopped.

No, the heating is expected. It gets real hot then turns the corner into really damn cold.

It will take a while to go from cold to damn cold and then to brass monkey cold!

P

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

I'll wager this reporter is not an atmospheric scientist; probably not a science major of any kind.

So , a reporter can never been exposed to science. REAL science. No , reporters are scientifically illiterate . ,yes ? How bout plumbers ? Feel the same way about them ? Bet you do. Google Susskind for the shock of your life.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No, the heating is expected.
The "cycles" which predict the glacial periods say the Earth should be cooling. We left the last glacial period 10,000 years ago.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If climate change was really as dire as the globalist leaders are saying, they wouldnt be offering a solution in taxes, which is not any kind of solution. What are carbon taxes a solution too then? A way to,fund global government.
edit on 29-6-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna
The "solution" is not taxes.

But the point of carbon taxes is the reduction of carbon emissions. The idea being that if it costs more to produce carbon, industry will try to do it less.

The extent to which carbon taxes would do that is an open discussion.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

So... Have taxes on gasoline made you stop using gasoline? Has anyone ever said, well theres a lot of tax on that gasoline i think Ill just not buy it?

Taxes are only solutions for government pocketbooks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join