It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop with the political baiting!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well you better get better at it then. As it is now, if you ain't one you look like a whiney......., that doesn't inspire people. Thus my previous question.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I honestly didn't see the edit. My apologies.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
We should value a place that allows both right and left-wing thinking, given that such a dichotomy is not found anywhere else that I am aware of, especially in academia and the media.

You're not American, are you?

No. The land is too poisoned for me. But I believe in the American dream. If the rest of the world followed suit, the world would be a better place.

I've lived within a couple of hours of their border most of my life. I've seen first hand that Dream become a Nightmare.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20919910]3NL1GHT3N3D1[/pos

Logged in to say:

Ok my bad then gotta go see you I guess-

-peace-

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: caterpillage

The difference is that I don't see every single thing he does as bad or try to say that he is the sole reason our country is going downhill. I see issues on both sides of the fence not just one.

Obama sucks, Hillary sucks, Trump sucks, Republicans suck, Democrats suck, the entire political system sucks and is corrupt on both ends. Some people refuse to see it for what it is and instead decide to blame everything on one side or one person and thus have misguided hate.

If only they knew that they are part of the problem. But then again maybe they do know that and just don't really care.

Well, I can't really argue with you there. It's a depressing situation we find ourselves in these days.

We seem to have a system that is perpetuating itself through manipulation. The only way cooler heads will prevail will be for left thinking people and right thinking people to join together. we bicker amongst ourselves while the establishment plays both sides. We're being played.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Hahaha , and as a US citizen I will back you up 200% on that one.The American Dream? That ended with the 50s

edit on 6/28/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

but I so enjoy seeing with my own eyes how much random strangers become so emotionally invested with arguing with someone on a screen they will never meet and drive their own blood pressure up. Or down anti anxiety medication after as well lol. Like, seriously its the internet. It is just so so much easier to ignore than real life. One has to actually choose to click a headline and then become upset enough at the content to rage about it.

In real life sometime you take a wrong turn and end up in the middle of a protest where people start screaming at you, that cant always be helped. But the internet, that is entirely at the choosing of the reader and no one else. Especially here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's not a bait thread, I'm just voicing my concern about the state of these boards. Both sides are guilty but in my opinion one side seems to be stoking the flames more than the other. Just look at the most recent political threads and tell me that's not the case.

I think its why they originally made the "Political Madness" forum, as it tends to be the nature of things. Self-stoking our own ego's while upsetting the others, it can be just too irresistible with these big important issues (especially with the damned "2 party system" forced upon everybody).

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
(especially with the damned "2 party system" forced upon everybody).

That's also different in the world. We have 3 major parties. Hell, I think Israel has about 10. Yin/yang usually works. Not in this instance.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I'm sick and tired of going to the "new" section and seeing thread after thread of political baiting, trolling, and bipartisan rhetoric.

May I suggest that you simply not take the bait? Clickling on to another thread would pershaps cause you less stress?

There are a handful of members who seemingly have their lives revolve around posting threads that consist of bashing one side of the political spectrum and one side only. It seems as though the vast majority of these bipartisan threads come from the Conservative/Republican camp and they are mainly authored by maybe 4 or 5 members, with one in particular taking the cake. I can't say who they are because of the T&C but we all know who they are.

May I suggest that you conduct your life as you see fit and allow others that same priviledge?

We get it, you hate Democrats, they're the reason why the world sucks, you get a ton of stars and flags from posting these types of threads. We know you get some sort of sad validation from the mutual back patting and echo chamber within said threads, but the quality of these boards is suffering from the constant onslaught of such topics. You are turning what used to be an alternative news site into an MSM rhetoric machine.

Obama this, Democrats that. Blah blah blah. You're ruining these boards with your bull# so please just stop. I know it won't happen but one can hope.

Rant over.

May I suggest that you are entirely too caught up in worrying about how many stars and flags are accumulated by others?

I hold both parties in complete contempt so I could be complaining that everything is too partisan. I'd really like to see about five new, vibrant parties arise as a result of this year's "choices" but I've been holding onto that wish for about two decades now.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ok, reldra.

You edited your post a second time to sound completely off tune from your last one, to look friendlier like you're trading infos and just barked ott. You know what you're doing, good for you. It's insanely disgusting. Please stop. Dont reply, i dont have time.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: reldra

Ok, reldra.

You edited your post a second time to sound completely off tune from your last one, to look friendlier like you're trading infos and just barked ott. You know what you're doing, good for you. It's insanely disgusting. Please stop. Dont reply, i dont have time.

Then why did you waste THAT time on a useless post?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

It's dishonesty. And so is this baiting when someone says g2g.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

It's dishonesty. And so is this baiting when someone says g2g.

Your rules? I didn't get the memo.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

-AWESOME-

peace.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Ahhh, more American politics.

I'm predicting a late run for Ming the Merciless.

A truly incorruptible emperor who drives for what he believes in.

Vote sanity, vote Ming

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

not that i have a dog in this fight // race - but i find it extremely disturbing that you have " somehow " missed the raft of ` anti trump ` threads and conservitive // republican bashing

got to wonder why ?????

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWisestCumbrian

vote " great cthulhu " - he WILL change EVERYTHING

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I find some irony asking for better content when 99% of everything posted on this site is twisted to look like aliens and conspiricies with links from known b.s. sites as "evidence".

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yea, there's at least 2 members (from opposite sides of the spectrum, and in this thread ironically) that once I open a thread and see who the OP is, I immediately close it without even bothering to read it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join