It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop with the political baiting!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Xue, you barely contribute to your own threads before you post another one, so please don't expect me to do it for you.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: reldra

You want an echo chamber.

No, I do not. What leads you to believe that?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: neo96

Liberal this, liberal that.

See what I mean? That sort of thinking is what's wrong with America, it's divisive and unnecessary.

Oh and go around calling people RACIST,HOMOPHOBES,ISLAMOPHOBE's is just PERFECTLY acceptable.

You know those INSULTS.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

See what I mean? That sort of thinking is what's wrong with America, it's divisive and unnecessary.

Oh and go around calling people RACIST,HOMOPHOBES,ISLAMOPHOBE's is just PERFECTLY acceptable.

You know those INSULTS.

I rarely see those words here. If they are typed once in 4 days, that is a lot.

The anti- Obama, Liberal, Democrat, etc words are everyday. Multiple times a day. Over and over. I don;t rename politicians, never have, of any kind. It is against the T&C, but I see conservatives do that daily. I just haven;t been reporting.
edit on 28-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Just that you only complain about conservatives, not that it matters. It just says you definitely have your beliefs and preferences, which is fine...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I think most all of us just want honest discussion, but that's hard to do when you have a handful of members who constantly display herd mentality. They reinforce each other with stars and flags and honest discussion usually goes out the window and becomes bickering.

No one side owns all the guilt, but the lazy content in general does.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't have any issue with free speech, I have an issue with lazy content that has no real substance being posted every other thread. Content that is purely there to gain internet points instead of honest discussion.

Well man that's like your opinion.

Everyone has those.

Neo, you are posting much of the lazy content. That is not an opinion. If you slowed down a bit, the quality of your content would go up, whether I agreed with it or not.

Yep I sure do go around posting 'lazy' content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You know those INSULTS.

Seeing as he didn't call you out and you took his post personally..... allow me to polish your cross before you climb up on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Just that you only complain about conservatives, not that it matters. It just says you definitely have your beliefs and preferences, which is fine...

I don;t complain about anything but Conservatives?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

When have I ever called anyone any of those things?

You do know that two wrongs don't make a right, don't you? Just because someone says those things doesn't make you right for doing the same to them.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yes but your opinion, like mine, is more right than anyone else's.

In the last SIX YEARS I have never said NOR expected ANYONE to agree with what I ever say.

So please.

No but you still bulldoze your way through a thread with a attitude that says "I am right and you are all wrong"

I am not singling you out, if i get very passionate about a topic i too find myself adopting a similar attitude of refusing to acknowledge other valid points of view.

If the topic at hand that we are discussing is the state of political debate on ATS we do kind of have to acknowledge that any view that is not right leaning is going to be flamed and that pretty much all of us are crap at political debate.

How can you pretend to be politically aware or have a deep understanding of the big political issues if you refuse to acknowledge differing opinions.

There is too much Left vs Right on ATS for there to ever be a real political debate all political debate ever is on ATS is two people basically shouting through cyber space "I am right and you are wrong so you must be a moron".

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

When have I ever called anyone any of those things?

THAT is political baiting.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I don't have any issue with free speech, I have an issue with lazy content that has no real substance being posted every other thread. Content that is purely there to gain internet points instead of honest discussion.

Well man that's like your opinion.

Everyone has those.

Neo, you are posting much of the lazy content. That is not an opinion. If you slowed down a bit, the quality of your content would go up, whether I agreed with it or not.

Yep I sure do go around posting 'lazy' content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You had a fairly well linked post there. That wasn't your thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Yes but apart from such a vocal minority that obviously reinforces itself with stars and flags, you'd have to admit that you said Zippo when all the lgbtqrzhyyui bathroom posts were made. I signalled the charge if you will that it was old. We've all got biases. It sure seems you're signalling something political here but hey..

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Still your opinion.

That site does NOT lean RIGHT.

It's representative of BOTH sides, and the middle.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yes but apart from such a vocal minority that obviously reinforces itself with stars and flags, you'd have to admit that you said Zippo when all the lgbtqrzhyyui bathroom posts were made. I signalled the charge if you will that it was old. We've all got biases. It sure seems you're signalling something political here but hey..

How does a vocal minority reinfore itself with stars and flags? The main threads being churned out like a factory are by conservatives, moving conservative content from unknown sites, dropping it here and gaining stars and flags for zero effort.
edit on 28-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Still your opinion.

That site does NOT lean RIGHT.

It's representative of BOTH sides, and the middle.

I approach ATS as someone who tries to avoid the Right vs Left debate.

When it comes to real political issues I always endeavour to base my opinions on facts rather than preconceived political view points predicated on a left or right mentality.

You could say i am politically natural.

Not trying to say I am better than anyone only that i think that my particular approach to politics gives me a unique perspective when it comes to political debate on ATS in that I will call out a repent leftist for being a moron just as i would a right leaning member.

And with this perspective i can categorically say that ATS is a made up of prominently members who hold views that are typically associated with the politically right.

I would go as far as to say this is a fact and not a opinion.
edit on 28-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

We ll maybe you complain about your faucet leaking or the weather, I don't know but I'm not even going to argue it. I'm not trying to change you...I don't need the validation-

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I sure did say something about the bathroom thing, I said it was a dumb issue and wasn't worth debating, but I unfortunately did get sucked into it.

The only thing I'm signaling politically is the use of low effort political baiting threads. If that is considered political then I guess I'm guilty, but it still doesn't erase the problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Everyone is heard on ATS.

Both sides have their bandwagons.

It's healthy, let's fix this mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join