It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop with the political baiting!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm sick and tired of going to the "new" section and seeing thread after thread of political baiting, trolling, and bipartisan rhetoric.

There are a handful of members who seemingly have their lives revolve around posting threads that consist of bashing one side of the political spectrum and one side only. It seems as though the vast majority of these bipartisan threads come from the Conservative/Republican camp and they are mainly authored by maybe 4 or 5 members, with one in particular taking the cake. I can't say who they are because of the T&C but we all know who they are.

We get it, you hate Democrats, they're the reason why the world sucks, you get a ton of stars and flags from posting these types of threads. We know you get some sort of sad validation from the mutual back patting and echo chamber within said threads, but the quality of these boards is suffering from the constant onslaught of such topics. You are turning what used to be an alternative news site into an MSM rhetoric machine.

Obama this, Democrats that. Blah blah blah. You're ruining these boards with your bull# so please just stop. I know it won't happen but one can hope.

Rant over.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Obama this, Democrats that. Blah blah blah. You're ruining these boards with your bull# so please just stop. I know it won't happen but one can hope.

Rant over.

It seems to me that what bothers you is criticism of the party and person in charge of the country for the last 8 years. There is quote a lot of hate and fear directed toward the other party and their supporters through Hollywood, the media and sites like ATS. You would prefer even more leniency of the people that have put us in the position we are in now?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Complains about political baiting does so himself.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Already posted HERE...you already commented there and said the same damn thing. We get it...your party and emperor are beyond criticism.

Now, I am getting tired of your whining...does that make us even?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They should cap how many threads you can start in a single day. Maybe one per day. As if there is anyone that can truly think of more than one interesting topic every single day. and I mean INTERESTING and unique. If people could only post a new topic once per day they might try to make sure it means something.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This thread would be brilliant if it wasn't for the glaringly hypocritical nature of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It's only going to get worse as the political season wears on. In some peculiar way Trump has validated vulgarity and internet trolling to an astonishing level.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

My thoughts exactly. Doesnt miss a chance.
Then starts a rant about it
wow.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Lol. Even does it in the rant he complains about it. Can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Taking it off before a mod does.
edit on 28-6-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Obama deserves to be criticized and so does the Democratic party, but that doesn't make them any worse than the Republicans.

What bothers me is some members feeling the need to post thread after thread of basically the same talking points over and over again while ignoring the faults of their own party. It's wilful ignorance at best and intellectually dishonest at worst.

Yes, you guys love to pat yourselves on the back and be angry all the time, but if you get angry at least look at it from a non-biased point of view and look at the real culprits: the political system in its entirety, both Democrats AND Republicans.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I can see why he is known as that. I agree. And then there is a comment suggesting Trump supports vulgarity. Um when. He clearly spoke against vulgarity. Remember the ex Mexican president?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Your best bet would be to debate them in the public square instead of demanding they stop. If their ideas can be shown to be false, fallacious, or often absurd, it is your duty to show them how instead of stomping your feet on the sidelines. Justify your arguments with reason, not emotion.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

I can see why he is known as that. I agree. And then there is a comment suggesting Trump supports vulgarity. Um when. He clearly spoke against vulgarity. Remember the ex Mexican president?

You don't think talking about a Meghan Kelly's menstrual blood is vulgarity? Or talking about the size of his penis in public isn't vulgarity?

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

edit on 28-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

So the majority of political bait threads are not against Democrats and Obama and the same handful of members are not the ones who post them? Because that's what I see.

It's an echo chamber with the same members coming in and patting each other on the backs.

Yeah Obama and Hillary suck but some of the threads are so desperate that it's almost funny. It's literally like anything Obama does is # on constantly by the same members over and over.

Trump says he'll bankrupt America? "Awesome! He's so right!"

Obama does things that may bankrupt America: "OMG he is literally Hitler. He is un-American, he needs to be hanged for treason!"

It's just a big fat heaping case of cognitive dissonance.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's only going to get worse as the political season wears on. In some peculiar way Trump has validated vulgarity and internet trolling to an astonishing level.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

You aren't that much worse than you used to be...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If you were actually an 'enlightened one' you would realize that this isn't worth you time AND you would know better than to get upset when your thread bites you in the ass.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That would be all fine and dandy but it's not really an option. Debating them is pointless because they can never be wrong and their minds are made up and set in stone. Obama is evil and anything he does is seen in a negative light.

I agree that Obama sucks, he's one of, if not THE worst president in our history, I doubt many people on this site would say he has been a great president, but the blatant bias against him is so obvious.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Your best bet would be to debate them in the public square instead of demanding they stop. If their ideas can be shown to be false, fallacious, or often absurd, it is your duty to show them how instead of stomping your feet on the sidelines. Justify your arguments with reason, not emotion.

Only one problem with that. You show them logic that they can't refute they ignore you and go on to post the same crap elsewhere. I agree with the OP. There's far too much baiting going on. It isn't productive to intelligent discourse or community well being. It's selfish.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
But But But

American politics is the where the best provable conspiracies are !!!

And many of these conspiracies are easily dis-proven, but it's rare when somebody does it.

Most of the resistance is simply bitter jealousy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join