It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party takes major stand for reproductive freedom

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The point is, people should not have to pay for other people to murder babies.
Taxes should not be paying for that.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Andd people don't!! People should not and do not pay for "other people" to terminate unwanted pregnancies that are not anything but a glob of cells.

The point is, you are freaking out about something that isn't happening. Some of us are freaking out about what is happening.

edit on 6/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Do you really not understand?

The topic of this thread is - the Democrats want to change that.

They want to repeal the Hyde Amendment. They want taxes to pay for abortions.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

edit on 6/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: nm. pointless exercise here

(post by ElectricUniverse removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

"Babies hours away from being born..."
you mean like those non-viable babies that were in the process of being miscarried, ya know their mom's left to suffer for extended amounts of time while infection attacked their bodies?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
There's a lot of things I don't want my tax dollars to be spent on.

A lot.

But, you take the good with the bad. You accept that YOU aren't the person in charge of the budget and take the good with the bad.

I don't want millions of lives in the Middle East on my hands. Those people have already been born, they have self-awareness and have made memories.

To me, funding a fake war on "terror" is far worse than women in this country getting early-term abortions.

I also don't want my tax dollars to subsidize "abstinence only" pseudo-religious sex education. I want my tax dollars spent on free birth control pills, Norplant and IUD devices for low-income women and realistic sex education.

You don't want your tax dollars indirectly removing a tissue growth from a woman before 12 weeks?

Well I don't want my tax dollars directly murdering people via drone strikes or with US-made arms, shipped to the Middle East.

And for the love of god can they make those fake abortion clinics that pass/hand out misleading propaganda illegal? Those "family planning" places get funding just like Planned Parenthood and pass out dangerous and medically unsound advice, parading fake nurses around too!

What a freaking scam that is.

Believe it or not...I starred your post. I agree with you! We shouldn't be in many of the "conflicts" in which we are currently engaged. But there is a little problem we have to work out. We the people don't know everything about the wars or at least the killing we do overseas. There may be SOME reasons to execute or kill others that we aren't allowed to know. In the case of a woman...it is much simpler. "I'm pregnant and don't want to be". It is her choice but it is elective. Elective means it is not a "need". Benefits are for "needs".

But to briefly touch on your war topic...sometimes it is justified, often it is not. Bush f'ed up and here we are to some extent. But Bush f'ed up with full support from the Democrats also. The continuation of these wars has been driven by the actions of the "enemy". Do we not kill when genocide is being committed? We could do that...but is it right? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Why do you believe getting pregnant is a choice? Women are fertile, 20 days out of 30, approx. Current birth control fails regularly.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

More ridiculous hysteria. Wow. No. "Paratial Birth" abortions are already outlawed. Late term abortions are allowed only in extreme circumstances like terminal deformity, or maternal danger. No one is willy-nilly slicing women open, tearing their babies out and tossing them in the dumpster.

That is not happening. Hillary is not pushing for that. "The progressive way" is to allow women to make rational, personal decisions, since they are the experts on themselves, their circumstances, their readiness to be a parent, their life's trajectory. Wherever you heard that newborns have no rights is a place you should stop going to for information. You're delusional.

And you're not female. So just stop. It's none of your business, and you aren't witness to any of these preposterous monstrosities you imagine - because they are not happening. Mind your own business, Sir.
edit on 6/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

'FREE' abortions. Absolutely VILE

Free abortions are a lot better than having lots of unwanted children, many of whom will either end up on welfare or as criminals.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

At what point after conception is it a "baby," in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Duuuude...obviously you've never been pregnant, so let me fill you in. The first trimester your body pretty much looks the same from the outside, but you experience symptoms ranging from not much at all to debilitating nausea. 91% of abortions are performed in the first trimester. The 'baby' has a three chambered heart and a tail- physiologically resembling a lizard and no bigger than a kidney bean. You probably don't care about how the woman is feeling, what her life circumstances are or what her reasons may be for making said decision...but even pro 'lifers' like you have to acknowledge the fact that the 'baby' is in no possible way viable outside the WOMAN (ya know, the actual person at that point).

After the first trimester the only reason a woman would have an elective abortion (ya know, for sh*ts and giggles) would be 1. she just found out 2. her life circumstances had a major change, causing her to realize she couldn't do it (being abused by the loving father, or not able to afford single parenthood because the loving father split) or 3. she just saved up enough money to do it, because the government DOES NOT PAY FOR ELECTIVE ABORTIONS. And even in these cases, no doctor/clinic would abort a totally healthy fetus at say, 30 weeks. IT NEVER HAPPENS.

Other than that, EVERY late term abortion is due to MAJOR fetal abnormalities or MAJOR medical issues experienced by the mother. Starting about the 4th month the woman starts showing. Everybody and their dog comes up and asks about the baby, they want to touch your stomach. You have sciatica, carpal tunnel, nausea, swollen ankles, loose joints. As it progresses EVERYBODY in your life knows your pregnant. You gain weight, you have to buy more clothes to fit, you have to buy more shoes to fit, you have to buy back braces and pay for chiropractors.

If you honestly think women get to THAT point and then just flippantly go "Meh...never mind." you are seriously out your mind.

The government doesn't pay for elective abortions. Period.
The government SHOULD fund PP...or come up with a comparable alternative. It is a NECESSITY for women's health. Routine exams, birth control, yeast infections, breast cancer screenings, treating painful/heavy periods, hormone imbalances, prenatal care and referrals. Women have to deal with so much more than you can possibly realize when it comes to our health. And to leave millions of women in the dirt simply because they're poor is far more cruel than a first trimester abortion.
And doctors in the US, or anywhere in the world, should be able to counsel women on the facts of abortion as an option available to them. Because it is. That's a fact, even if you don't like it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Looks like a Tequila worm to me.

91% of abortions are performed at this point. NO ELECTIVE ABORTIONS ARE FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT.

Funding PP is funding women's health services. Elective procedures are not included in that. Elective abortions are paid for by the husband/boyfriend AND the woman...or if the 'loving father has completely ditched his responsibility, the woman herself- with money earned or borrowed by her alone. Because some d-bag won't even cough up $300, much less 18 years of child support. But I would hate to bore you with the life stories of the people who are actually faced with this decision.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hillary said "that is the current law." In a matter of fact declarative statement. That's what she said. She didn't roll her eyes back in her head, spew green vomit, and order all babies killed. No one does that but creepy rulers in the Bible and insane psychopaths. The fact remains that no one in the medical profession is murdering healthy babies who would otherwise be just fine. read ladyvalkyrie's excellent post.

She and I both know our stuff here. You're the one who is misinformed.

The lefties are the ones who are mostly fine with immigrants, muslims, blacks and whites and asians. They aren't the ones bleating about building walls and tossing out foreign nationals and refusing immigration. You have this all so backwards it is incredible to me.

Whatever poisonous cave you live in appears to be depriving your brain of oxygen, you really should get outside and enjoy some reality.

edit on 6/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

Looks like a Tequila worm to me.

91% of abortions are performed at this point. NO ELECTIVE ABORTIONS ARE FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT.

Funding PP is funding women's health services. Elective procedures are not included in that. Elective abortions are paid for by the husband/boyfriend AND the woman...or if the 'loving father has completely ditched his responsibility, the woman herself- with money earned or borrowed by her alone. Because some d-bag won't even cough up $300, much less 18 years of child support. But I would hate to bore you with the life stories of the people who are actually faced with this decision.

When did I ever say anything to contradict the above?

That's right, I didn't.

In fact, I was attempting to make a point (probably the same one you're making), if I get an answer from the person to whom I was responding.

edit on 28-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It might be a communication failure. I wasn't sure myself if you were being sardonic/ironic or literal.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm on your side, man. I replied to you in agreement. You made a good point.
This is a baby:

This one can breathe on its own, feed itself (obviously), move around a bit, and enjoy all the rights of a full fledged human being.
Killing this one would be murder.

This is an embryo:

This one would not survive outside the host's body no matter what you did to try to make it happen. Therefore the host should decide whether to let it stay or not.
Removing this one from the host = not murdering a baby.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No... Of course it is different if the mother's health is affected...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

First, wow so now you profess to talk for all women?... Who is delusional? Apparently you for thinking you can speak for all women.

Second, I am not trying to force anything on you, you can decide what you want to do but get your facts straight. HILLARY does states that the unborn have no rights, even those that are hours away from being born, and she states "we have to look at the life of the woman and health".

That phrase shows right there that if a woman wants to kill her perfectly healthy baby hours before she/he is born it is the right of the woman to do so. If "the woman is at a time when she doesn't want a baby it affects her life". Shillary even states clearly a difference between the life of the woman and her health.

"Progress" is about forcing your way of life, and way of thinking into everyone else. We can see that perfectly by what this administration has been doing as well as other "past progressives".

As for you trying to claim I shouldn't talk about this topic?... I can discuss what I please.

edit on 28-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

edit on Wed Jun 29 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yes, you can talk about whatever you please! It would be ultra-cool, however, if you were to acknowledge that your alarm and exaggeration are unwarranted.

That would be awesome.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join