It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party takes major stand for reproductive freedom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The Democrats have taken a more progressive stance on reproductive rights now, more than ever before.

Lots of controversy as usual.

One statement from Hillary is about the DNC call for repeal of the Hyde Amendment that bars Federal (taxpayer) money from funding abortions in general.

Hillary says the Hyde Amendment restricts access to women’s reproductive rights.

I think that statement is inaccurate and mis-leading.

Democratic Party takes major stand for reproductive freedom in party platform ahead of SCOTUS ruling

The Democratic Party’s platform committee has passed a more progressive platform position on reproductive freedom than in previous election years.

“The Democratic Party platform explicitly calls for repealing the Hyde Amendment, which restricts access to women’s reproductive rights, particularly low-income women and women of color,” Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign said in a statement.

According to the Democratic Party’s convention page, the Hyde Amendment isn’t the only bold move they made on women’s reproductive freedom. The party’s platform also champions Planned Parenthood health centers and agrees that Democrats will commit to pushing back on all Republican efforts to defund it.

And here's some apparent trolling on Twitter about that statement...
Ghouls. Democratic Platform looks to fund abortion with your tax dollars

edit on Jun-26-2016 by xuenchen because: pp

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

“The Democratic Party platform explicitly calls for repealing the Hyde Amendment, which restricts access to women’s reproductive rights, particularly low-income women and women of color,” Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign said in a statement.

Why yes people!

Because minorities can't kill their offspring fast enough for the NAZI's.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I don't want my tax money funding the death of babies. They wanna murder a kid then pony up the cash for your own convictions.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's no surprise that the vile pants suit is in behalf of more liberal infanticide.

I wonder how many child sacrifices she's participated in as a practicing satanist.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Can this entity get any more evil?

I can not bring myself to call it a woman.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The irony of the Democrats standing up for "a woman's right to choose" is quite the lesson in hypocrisy. If they believe so strongly in an individual's right to choose, how come they all love the individual mandate in Obamacare that expressly FORBIDS an individual from making the "wrong" choice?

Now don't get me wrong. I'm ALL FOR abortion. Really. I think there are way too many people on this planet as it is and I'm not religious. So I honestly don't care. I believe an unwanted baby is better off being aborted than finding itself in this society with horrible parents who don't give a damn. Abortion really is an act of mercy. And it is the right thing to do on SO MANY levels.

But in my opinion liberals really don't care about that. I'm not really sure why they are so big on being pro-abortion (especially when you consider the fact that unwanted babies and widespread poverty are their political bread and butter). But, I also know that the people who really drive the liberal agenda couldn't give a # about people. It's 100% agenda driven.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I have difficulty thinking of her and calling her a human.

. . . a creature . . . from the lower cesspools of hell seems like a more accurate label.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I feel pity for any woman that has to get an abortion.

It's nothing to celebrate.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Few people on this planet make my stomach turn, I normally don't care, but this woman creates a churning anger and disgust I'm not proud I'm capable of.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton has repeatedly called for a reversal of Hyde, and now Bernie Sanders has followed suit.

On Friday, Sanders said in a statement, “Women must have full control over their reproductive health in order to have full control over their lives. We must rescind the Hyde Amendment and resist attempts by states to erect roadblocks to abortion.” Sanders has voted against the Hyde Amendment while serving in both the House and Senate, but his statement made his intentions clear to repeal it once and for all if elected.

thinkprogress.org...

“Any right that requires you to take extraordinary measures to access it is no right at all,” Clinton said at that event.

thinkprogress.org...

No fly,No buy, Gun Control,Background checks to practice a RIGHT.

And 'FREE' abortions.

Absolutely VILE.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Leave Hyde alone.....

Or if you repeal it then replace it with Government back unforgivable loans like student loans, where if the price of the procedure is payed at the time of service on a federal backed loan that the Bio Mother and the Bio father have to each pay back 50% of the principle or have it STRIPPED out of their taxes by the IRS. In the cases of rape where it was taken to court and a conviction gotten then it should be 100% on the accused rapist. In cases where it was a one night stand and the girl dont know the baby daddy or is protecting the baby daddy, welp the government can not give her half off the loan sorry if she wants to protect him then she bears the brunt of the whole principle.

The keeps tax payer ED from having to shoulder the cost for Johnny come lately and Suzy rotten crotch's poor choices and puts the whole burden offset with interest on Johnny and Suzy.

The Doctors still get the money, the abortion does not come out of the tax payer , and it gives incentive not to ask Uncle scam to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: stosh64

Few people on this planet make my stomach turn, I normally don't care, but this woman creates a churning anger and disgust I'm not proud I'm capable of.

She has the same effect on me.

I usually try to avoid politics, but the skin suit known as Hillary brings out the worst in me.

I hate that thing.

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: stosh64

I have difficulty thinking of her and calling her a human.

. . . a creature . . . from the lower cesspools of hell seems like a more accurate label.

Good point, and I agree!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Hillary Clinton has repeatedly called for a reversal of Hyde, and now Bernie Sanders has followed suit.

On Friday, Sanders said in a statement, “Women must have full control over their reproductive health in order to have full control over their lives. We must rescind the Hyde Amendment and resist attempts by states to erect roadblocks to abortion.” Sanders has voted against the Hyde Amendment while serving in both the House and Senate, but his statement made his intentions clear to repeal it once and for all if elected.

thinkprogress.org...

“Any right that requires you to take extraordinary measures to access it is no right at all,” Clinton said at that event.

thinkprogress.org...

No fly,No buy, Gun Control,Background checks to practice a RIGHT.

And 'FREE' abortions.

Absolutely VILE.

This b*tch is willing to sacrifice kids just to be able to say the words "I stand for women's rights".

I mean think about that. Seriously, for a tag line to grab votes. There isn't a word for this 'thing'.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I mean think about that. Seriously, for a tag line to grab votes. There isn't a word for this 'thing'.

None that are ATS TC friendly.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well I am not a Hillary fan but I am also pro-choice. There are already to many people in the world and anyone that wants to abort will not make the best of parents if denied the choice. The kid will have a miserable life and will probably end up being very negative to the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I think there should be Federal funding for my next Gun purchase. By not providing Federal funds they are restricting access to my Second Amendment rights.

What a dumb argument. You can have a right without expecting others to pay for it...just typical nonsense from the left.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Well I am not a Hillary fan but I am also pro-choice. There are already to many people in the world and anyone that wants to abort will not make the best of parents if denied the choice. The kid will have a miserable life and will probably end up being very negative to the world.

Your trying to predict the future. Just because you think the child will have a bad life it's ok. That excuse is pathetic. The kids not gonna be anything so it's OK to kill em. Seriously mate? That's all it takes for you to be ok with this?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think there should be Federal funding for my next Gun purchase. By not providing Federal funds they are restricting access to my Second Amendment rights.

Works for me

What a dumb argument. You can have a right without expecting others to pay for it...just typical nonsense from the left.

All corporate products EXCEPT guns are constitutional rights!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Start the referendum. I'll be the first signature.
edit on 26-6-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Any right that requires you to take extraordinary measures to access it is no right at all,” Clinton said at that event.

I am sorry I can't let this slide.

That comment from the wife of the guy that gave us the background check in1998!!!

WHAT a SNIPPIN hypocrite.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join