It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party takes major stand for reproductive freedom

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
this story blew my mind!!!

Last February, AJ, a single mother in Mississippi, found herself at the back of an abortion clinic in Memphis, Tennessee, where two police officers threatened to charge her with fetal homicide.

It was yet another unexpected turn in a week of surprising events for AJ, whose name we have agreed to conceal for the sake of her family’s privacy.

Days earlier, AJ had received the kind of news that most parents of teenagers hope never to hear. Her 17-year-old daughter, a student at Lake Cormorant High School, texted her to say she thought she was pregnant.

[snip]
rewire.news...

the scariest thing about this story is that more than likely, neither the school or the clinic the school personnel arranged for her to be taken to were completely knowledgeable when it came to the overall health of this girl. there may have been real valid medical reason to not really want this girl or any of the others they have done this to to be pregnant. it didn't matter to them because they refuse to recognize that pregnancy can pose dangers to the women and girls. so they feel that they should have free reign to meddle anyway they chose.

you have workers doing sonograms that are not trained to read the results of those sonograms, not able to detect if there is any of those medical complications exist, barating women for even having the idea of aborting, while it just might be the best medical option available to them...

and oh, ya, they get plenty of money from gov't sources. for lying, for meddling, for giving false medical facts and pretending to be something they aren't.

I am not saying that the crisis pregnancy centers don't do some good by providing assistance to mother's to be, assistance that once the assistance is offered might prevent an abortion.
but what they did in this story was uncalled for!

edit on Mon Jun 27 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And it sounds like you don't want your taxes to help fund this kind of thing... Totally understandable... Which is the same kind of thing as I'm trying to explain...

Two wrongs don't make a right. (Cliche, but applicable...)

Example: just because my right to choose whether or not to help fund something I don't agree with has been taken, I shouldn't try to take away someone else's right to choose whether or not to fund something they disagree with.
edit on 6/27/2016 by japhrimu because: Added the "example"

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

There might be more to that story than is related there.
There are no first person accounts from the daughter. It seems like all is coming from the parent's point of view.

It's very possible that this mother was forcing her daughter into the abortion, and her daughter was texting someone seeking help.
How did someone get the daughter's personal information, including SSN? It sounds like the daughter might have given this information, and asked out of desperation for someone to help her prevent being forced into this.

If the daughter was so unsure about the decision that she cried the first time, and was still discussing the decision with others, she was not in a state of mind to be at a clinic about to make such a life altering decision.

ETA: Reading that article further, it does seem like this is what happened. The girl knew her mother would force her to get an abortion. The clinic she originally went to with another person gave her a form to help her, stating that she was being forced into an abortion and that someone would bring her to a clinic against her will, and to please stop them.

edit on 6/27/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/27/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: japhrimu

No, they don't. Other services are provided which the federal funding finances. Abortions are paid for by the client.

You have repeatedly been saying this, even though others have repeatedly tried to explain this to you.

I guess you have not read the OP. The topic of this thread is directly regarding federally funding abortions.

Please go back and read the first post in this thread, and you will realize what the topic of this thread is.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well, I think I've said most of what I can... I'll try to check back in a couple times, but I may let this thread go for now...

Everyone, take care.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Most of us knew this, even the "pro-abortion crowd" knew this. It's what they want, to be able to force everyone to pay for the murder of HUMAN FETUSES... Yes, I put it on bold and large letters so that the "pro-abortion crowd" don't stop remembering they want everyone to pay for the systematic murder of children...

What's worse, and I showed this before Clinton has even stated a fully grown baby hours from being born should also be allowed for the mother to kill him/her...

Hillary Clinton: “I am a real person” but preborn babies aren’t

Watch starting at 33 seconds how she responds to when a human person has rights. Notice that she does call them persons...

The pro-abortion crowd keep trying to extend at what age they can murder human beings and then they call the right wingers as the NAZIS, when it is left wingers once again who want to exterminate "minorities they don't want to have too many of."

Welcome to the eugenics of the 21st century. When women are led to believe that murdering their mostly perfectly healthy HUMAN fetuses gives them freedom... And of course, you won't see Planned Parenthood in the wealthy neighborhoods and people somehow can't see what is going on...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

and............... as per usual....hysteria from you

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Ok, Ajah, I will.
Thanks for reaching out.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

and...............as per usual....denial from you....

So, now you are going to claim she didn't state that?...
edit on 27-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

who didn't state what? Oh....Hillary? Yeah, I'm not a supporter of hers. I'm a Bernie kinda gal....or Gary Johnson. So don't go trying to pin the tail on some non-existent donkey that you've imagined.....

because I'm not that beast.

Time for some leaving behavior.....
you go ahead.
Have at it......
edit on 6/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: you guys are kinda entertaining after all!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Sweetie, I know what the topic is. The fact is that the Supreme Court of The United States struck down the ridiculous hysterical Texas move.

Women are allowed to have discretionary abortions when their pregnancy is very young.

An embryo is not a thinking, breathing person. If it's "murder" you're worried about, rest assured that whatever soul might have inhabited that particular body was already aware of what would happen. NO ONE EXCEPT THE CLIENT/MOTHER/COUPLE IS PAYING FOR IT. That's what you seem unable to grasp. No matter how many alarming videos or sensationalized websites or hysterical radio programs you listen to - the fact will remain. You are worried about nothing.

That soul agreed to participate in a very brief episode of another soul's hard choices.
That soul then went on to incarnate in different circumstances.

It's all learning. Learning.

Perhaps more palatable for you - I read home improvement sites - and this one lady was all flipped out that she'd get asbestos death from simply changing out her 70-year old asbestos tile floor......it took someone fifteen tries to convince her that she was being hysterical about nothing.
The hype never stops.

edit on 6/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Was i talking about Sanders?... the video is of Hillary. Or did Hillary somehow turn into Sanders?...

Learn how to properly respond to another person's comment, instead of making red herrings and trying to claim something completely different...
I didn't post a video and comments from Sander... I posted the video and comments from Hillary Clinton... Do you not know the difference?...

edit on 27-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

the difference is..
as it stands now, funding is provided for the crisis pregnancy centers, whereas, as much as people seem to want to think otherwise, the only time funding is used to pay for abortions is when their is a valid medical reason for one and I really don't think that should be changed. it's more adventagous to use the funding to prevent the pregnancy in the first place.

but in those cases where it is beneficial in regards to the women's health and welfare, it most certainly should be funded for the poor just as any other medical care is.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I feel the same way when those rare stories come up about schools helping kids get abortions or birth control without their parents knowledge though. for the same reason, you're stepping on parental rights here, and limiting their ability to provide adequate healthcare to the child.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

That's ridiculous reasoning. You've been given audience, and failed to present a valid case.
You've been presented with evidence and literature and sources and facts to debunk your worries. Time to graduate from such silly notions....

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You are still trying to vilify, denigrate, malign, disrespect, insult, slander and silence everyone who isn't on board with your silly "Agenda 21 Commies Are Coming To Take us to FEMA Camps!!!!!" mantra.

Learn how to read lengthy articles and look up big words.....be brave enough to read things that you don't agree with.....be clever enough to realize that you've been flipping out about this not-gonna-happen scenario for years and years........

for no reason.

For your own sake, really.......be in the real world, instead of in GlennBeckLand.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

LOL!! OOOoohkay.

So, we had our little five-hour window of saying what we know to be true that doesn't at all match up with the GOP/Conservative/Bible-Thumping/Paranoid Conspiracy theory stuff.....

we did well. Made another stand to let you all know we haven't just disappeared (and won't)....

go ahead. I understand it's painful for you to realize what is happening.

I feel bad for you, really - I'd be devastated to learn that everything I've been taught and have read and have believed was utter nonsense! That would so suck!!!!

So, I remain agnostic and independent and a free thinker.
You might try it....if you want.....it's much more comfortable.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Yeah, I'm not a supporter of hers. I'm a Bernie kinda gal....or Gary Johnson. So don't go trying to pin the tail on some non-existent donkey that you've imagined.....

Sanders or Johnson.

This explains a lot.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

No, I guess you don't know what the topic of this thread is.

The Hyde Amendment keeps tax dollars from being used to pay for abortion – Democrats want to repeal it.
That is the topic.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

See, this is how it works. One party of stubborn bullies writes up a ridiculous proposal and then presents it to the other party's stubborn bullies. Their point is as divisive as they can get away with. The goal is to spark discussion.

The problem is that the other party of stubborn bullies is going to refuse - and so they have to start on the process of arriving at some common ground - to find a compromise. That's how it is meant to be. But nowadays, that's not how it is.

It's about "green eggs and ham" and "sit-ins" because they're all at a standstill as far as sorting things out.

They don't know what to do.
The Supreme Court today struck down the Texas idea. Fact.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join