It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party takes major stand for reproductive freedom

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

How about I put it like this:

Is PP gov funded/subsidized?
Does PP perform abortions?
(Yes, and yes, yes?)
Then abortion is gov funded/subsidized.

It's kinda like:
If someone is on welfare (food stamps), they don't need to use their money for food, and then can spend it on other things... Therefore, the welfare funds those other things...

I'm pretty sure I can guess how you would respond, but I don't want to jump to conclusions...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

All based on accounting tricks and fraud.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

I gotta do some running around... I'll be back.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

And how about if I put it like this:
you have four part-time jobs with four different employers.
Employer A wages are put ONLY in account A and comes on a debit card that can not be used for anything except GROCERIES.
Employer B income goes to VEHICLE expenses ONLY.
Employer C earnings won't spend anywhere except at your MORTGAGE bank.

Employer D is for everything else.

And No, Food Stamps can not buy booze or cigarettes or abortions or pay the rent.

They Are For Food And Only For Food.
That is all they are good for. You get a card to use at the grocery store, and it only works on FOOD items. They even label the items to show you which ones your card will buy!

It's like a foreign currency to use it anywhere else. Like using a Target gift card or stamps to pay a bill. Doesn't work.
How do you not understand this?
If you try to use a Starbucks gift gard at Dunkin Donuts, you're hosed. Same thing.

edit on 6/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No. Don't lie.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You caught me before I could leave, so I'll respond to your example, even though I don't necessarily count that as a response to my example...

How do you allot the time you put into each job?
Time spent on job A takes away from the other jobs...
Your example pretty much means (imo) that there are different kinds of money, that can't be spent on different things... That's just not the case.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I'll be back in about an hour, I think...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Again, abortion is a legal medical procedure.

In the United States we provide assistance both at the Federal, State and local levels with medical needs.

There is no reason that these funds cannot help with all medical procedures because of superstition and political agenda.

Abortion is a legal procedure; the Hyde Amendment is superfluous, and further, legal abortions are supported by the majority of the American people.

So the claim by the anti-abortion agenda that the American people are in favor of the Hyde Amendment is spurious.

And you said it just perfectly there. We provide assistance for "needs". Abortion as a choice, and not a need (as in the woman could die) shouldn't be covered by assistance. Neither should a sex change (unless a Doctor says it is needed) nor plastic surgery.

Something that will cause death, pain, etc...of course we help those with such things. But if you CHOOSE to have an elective surgery...pay for it yourself or do without. Sorry to say but officially, the same goes for birth control. Just don't have unprotected sex and/or pay for your own birth control. You choose to have sex (as most of us would) then you pay for the birth control. BUT!!!! Personally...I think the cost to raise a child is much more expensive to the taxpayers and therefore, an exception should be made for birth control.

See...I'm not that evil Republican you may think. And logic should prevail.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That's just not the case.

But it is. It is the case. I explained it above.

It's the case of "your money isn't good here." Like if you try to buy a pizza in Milwaukee with Indian rupees. No one is going to accept that as payment.

Are there cheaters? Of course there are cheaters.
But that is the way it is. Asking the pothole-filler guys to come over and redo your driveway is not workable.
(Although I did one time ask the tree-trimmers with the cherry picker to help me get my kitten who was stuck in a tree; they did, but had to CALL THEIR BOSS FIRST and it was before they were on duty.)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There's a lot of things I don't want my tax dollars to be spent on.

A lot.

But, you take the good with the bad. You accept that YOU aren't the person in charge of the budget and take the good with the bad.

I don't want millions of lives in the Middle East on my hands. Those people have already been born, they have self-awareness and have made memories.

To me, funding a fake war on "terror" is far worse than women in this country getting early-term abortions.

I also don't want my tax dollars to subsidize "abstinence only" pseudo-religious sex education. I want my tax dollars spent on free birth control pills, Norplant and IUD devices for low-income women and realistic sex education.

You don't want your tax dollars indirectly removing a tissue growth from a woman before 12 weeks?

Well I don't want my tax dollars directly murdering people via drone strikes or with US-made arms, shipped to the Middle East.

And for the love of god can they make those fake abortion clinics that pass/hand out misleading propaganda illegal? Those "family planning" places get funding just like Planned Parenthood and pass out dangerous and medically unsound advice, parading fake nurses around too!

What a freaking scam that is.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm with you. Glad to know ya.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What kills me are those fake abortion clinics. They use logos, slogans and names to fool women into thinking they're some kind of Planned Parenthood alternative.

Then, they're filled with a bunch of fear mongering propaganda, and staff members who aren't even nurses pretend to give medical advice.

They receive funding like Planned Parenthood as well.

If zero funding for Planned Parenthood, these "family planning centers" should also be shut down and run out of town ASAP. They're con artists and scammers taking advantage of scared women and free federal cash.

Samantha Bee did an entire segment on them the other day. They call themselves "crisis pregnancy centers" and they should be ILLEGAL.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yep - kinda like "Tent Revivals" like when I was a kid. You go there and get browbeaten, shamed, ridiculed, bamboozled, and then they send in the "closer" to pound your brain into mush with nonsense and say you "have to be saved by Jesus!".

A load of crap.
I went to one of those tent revivals when I was in junior high (middle-school) with a friend. My mom gave me permission....it was like Jesus Camp. Totally traumatizing and fear-evoking. (I was not brought up that way - it was total culture shock to my young, impressionable self - and the only adults around were saying the same thing! It was horrible!)

I allowed my daughter likewise to join a "youth group" sponsored by some Evangelical crowd, and she experimented in it - went to meetings, made some friendly acquaintances...then she wanted to go to "camp." So we let her. She told us that the first evening, after all the fun activities, they were to 'gather round' and listen to what pieces of crap they were, and horrible they were, and "deserved to be in hell - and now go to your cabins and THINK ABOUT THAT!"

She said she could hardly believe her ears.....fortunately she already knew better,, so she was able to go see it for what it really was - and seeing that, she was horrified, just that they did that!.....the next morning, of course, at breakfast they "broke the good news" about Jesus and c'mon in.

Yeah, she dumped that crowd really fast. When I was in high-school it was "Mustard Seed" people. The Same Bullsh!t - next generation.

Anyway, I'm totally off-topic here. Sorry. Have a great rest of your stay!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oy vey, OP, where to begin:

First of all, Planned Parenthood is one of the greatest assets to our society. If you have a wiener, then you have no clue how much extra medical BS females have to deal with and the cost of it all. I've gone to PP more times than I can recall in my life and only recently found out that SOME clinics do abortions. I went there all through college for birth control, I went there when antibiotics caused a yeast infection, I went there to have a painful, migrating IUD taken out when my regular OBGYN couldn't see me for 2 weeks, I went there when I had to take birth control for a full year (not even sexually active) to treat a hormone imbalance.

So, Hell yes PP should be funded by the government. So that even people who can't pony up the low costs ($80 per exam v. $140 or more for a regular OBGYN) can still get necessary health care.

Second, your own article talks about them wanting to repeal the Helms Amendment, which bars doctors in other countries from even DISCUSSING abortion. Um, it IS a safe medical option so to prevent doctors from even discussing it is dumb and this amendment SHOULD be repealed.

Third, the article talks about repealing all the BS 'for the safety of women' laws that states have recently passed? You know, all the thinly veiled anti-choice nonsense? You know, like the law here in Texas that was just ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL. And those evil Dems want to put all those other bills and laws where they belong, the recycle bin? Yes please.

I'm not Republican, nor am I Christian. But I'm not a Liberal or Democrat either. I'm all about personal freedom and personal choice. And being a first world nation, I think it is society's responsibility to help the disenfranchised have access to health care. Your thread riled up all the forced-birthers, so congrats on that, but I really don't see any problem with the content of the article you're 'discussing'.

PS I can't stand Hillary Clinton, so don't assume 'I'm with her'.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey, you want to reduce unwanted pregnancies by 40% and abortions by 35%? You want to save at least $80 million per state in Medicaid costs? Give out free IUD's!

Problem Solved

Oh, but wait, they tried that and it was so successful that Republican politicians declined to continue the program.

Makes total sense. *sarcasm font*

Now let's finish the job and cut all PP funding. Maybe all these pesky poor women will die of yeast infections. *more sarcasm*

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

And you know what else works to curb unwanted pregnancies? Shifting school start-times from 7 am to 10 am....so the adolescents (whose hormones are rampaging through their bodies yelling "sleep!" "have sex!" "eat!" ) are in school until after the office-work-day ends....their parents are home by the time they are.....no more latchkey stuff ----- and (surprise surprise) teen pregnancies went down substantially with that small tweak....

but it didn't stick the landing. It was a pilot program. To see if letting teens sleep later would improve school results - it did.
And to see if teen pregnancy rates dropped - they did.

But no - this was in Georgia....so, outcomes proven, but no, it's inconvenient for them to change everyone's schedule around. Send their butts to school as early as we say - for high-school kids------7am!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm back...

Your premise is false. Indian rupees can be exchanged for an equivalent amount of USD. Or can Indians not buy things in the US when they're on vacation?

How was my premise wrong? (Food stamps enable people to buy other things instead.)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

See, "just accept it" isn't acceptable... That's when some people start calling other people "Sheeple."

I don't want my contributions to go towards unjust wars, either, just to be clear.

I don't know about the clinics you speak of, but if you give an example or two, I can respond...

Edit: I just saw you may have addressed what I was referring to, so I'll have to check it out.
edit on 6/27/2016 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/27/2016 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

OMG. Seriously?? Now you're not really even trying. Or at least too new at householding and adulting that you really aren't aware. Let me help.......

Okay - you get paid in gift cards.

One card works at Price Chopper or Kroger's or Piggly Wiggly. It will only buy food.

Another card works for medicine. It works ONLY for medicine.

A third gift card is for Quiktrip or Conoco and provides gas for your car purchases only.

Do you not have awareness of the "gift card kiosks" at every department store? From Walmart to Dollar Store to Jewel to everywhere else - you buy a card to spend AT A SPECIFIC PLACE AND ONLY THAT PLACE.

It's just not possible that you don't realize this, my new friend. Seriously.
You can't buy an AutoZone gift card and use it to buy a freaking Lamborghini!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Insults (trying to demean me by saying I'm too new at house holding/adulting... Is that what adults are supposed to act like?) don't help your argument... But you're free to say them, as I believe in freedom...

It's not as intricate as you're portraying...

If I give you a gift card to auto zone, you can use the money that you would have used there (to fix your car, I guess) to buy other stuff (like a video game, food, whatever)... So if I give you an autozone gift card, I am helping to fund whatever else it is you're spending money on... Which is fine, if I choose to, but my gift to you shouldn't be mandatory.
edit on 6/27/2016 by japhrimu because: Parenthetical

edit on 6/27/2016 by japhrimu because: Mandated to mandatory

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join