It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-80 Astronaut Jones: "No Aliens Encountered on that Flight"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Astronaut Tom Jones was aboard STS-80, when the famous 'UFO circle formation' video was made. He and fellow crewman Story Musgrave have always insisted there were no indications of ETI or alien visitors in that video or the entire flight. You can argue with him here if you like.

astronauttomjones.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am so tempted to comment on that something like "It's not unusual to misidentify UFOS." or "What's new, E.T. craft, WHOOAOAOAAOAO"

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I agree with his assessment. Ice etc reflecting light

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I might agree that some of the STS-80 anomalies "may" be ice chips BUT this doesn't imply that all anomalous objects are simply ice chips for example:

youtu.be...

Here is a real ice chip for comparison:

youtu.be...

Now just remember Ice Chips are NOT Self Illuminating, nor can they orbit the shuttle or ISS, remember in order to orbit in a circle an object needs a force pointing towards the center. Now what force does the Space Shuttle exert on ice particles?
edit on 25-6-2016 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: deloprator20000

nor can they orbit the shuttle or ISS, remember in order to orbit in a circle an object needs a force pointing towards the center. Now what force does the Space Shuttle exert on ice particles?

The narrator says it was in the same orbit as the shuttle, not that it was orbiting the shuttle. His point is that it maintained a stable position relative to the shuttle. That means it was not not orbiting the shuttle.

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000

Now just remember Ice Chips are NOT Self Illuminating...

It's good to pay attention to such points, which requires knowledge of the day/night situation of these videos, whether the sun was 'up' or 'down'. That requires knowledge of the actual date/time of the videos and you may notice that in the vast majority of 'shuttle UFO videos' on youtube that information is withheld.

What kind of day/night condition do you think was in effect when these famous STS-80 scenes were made? Why is your comment relevant to THIS video?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Musgrave said the formation-over-Africa

was "gorgeous" and "spectacular"

FF to 51:18

Link - www.youtube.com...

In another video ...he said these objects were "impressive"

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: easynow

.. and in another, he said you were wrong about him seeing aliens... watch it and weep....

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Jim, do you have an opinion on the Levelland, Texas reports?
edit on 25-6-2016 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

I dont want to derail this thread too much, but some opinions on the Levelland case you might find interesting

The most detailed report I've found on the case was done by Antonio Rullan

Kevin Randle has blogged about this case a few times - 1, 2 , 3

One self proclaimed skeptic, John Shirley, believes this case stands out

The "Iron Skeptic" brushes over the case imo, but readfor yourself

IsaacKoi did a write up on the case for ATS

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

let's leave aliens out of this. The claim was primarily of unusual phenomenon...which you claim it isnt...because it's ice crystals...just randomly forming a circle...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
It's not really much of a circle nor are the "UFOs" very evenly distributed. So yeah, pretty random.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

??

I'm surprised at your argument. Not evenly distributed...and not a perfect circle....therefore...perfectly random. And obviously perfectly normal. THere's probably thousands of videos like that one on youtube, right ?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Not evenly distributed...and not a perfect circle....therefore...perfectly random.

Not close to evenly distributed and not close to a circle. Entirely feasible that such a configuration would appear randomly, momentarily.

And obviously perfectly normal.
Normal? I don't think much of anything seen on orbit is "normal" as far as those who haven't been there are concerned. Mugrave has a different point of view and he has the advantage of being there rather than seeing pretty crappy resolution youtube videos.

THere's probably thousands of videos like that one on youtube, right ?
A whole lot of videos of ice and stuff, indeed. Out of (thousands?) of hours of such videos, some random stuff is pretty sure to appear.

edit on 6/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: easynow

.. and in another, he said you were wrong about him seeing aliens... watch it and weep....

www.jamesoberg.com...

wow...that pdf is a doozie...

I'm so serious I might becoming a super expert on how to look for and what you can see, and the interpretation of those things that you can see.

That sounds pretty serious...a super expert.

But let's get serious for a moment. You posted that link as reply to easynow...he should watch and weep...but on that link there is nothing to watch but read your "ramblings" about tools falling off.

Is that somehow an arguments for your interpretation ? Is it because you're a super expert ?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Normal? I don't think much of anything seen on orbit is "normal" as far as those who haven't been there are concerned. Mugrave has a different point of view and he has the advantage of being there rather than seeing pretty crappy resolution youtube videos.

but that's just it...easynow posted links to videos where he states "gorgeous" and "spectacular" ....I guess "gorgeous" and "spectacular" is the new "normal".

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yes, he also says that seeing ice particles appear to do "odd" things was normal on shuttle missions.

I think it's likely that I would be saying "Oooh! Wow! Awesome! Unbelievable!" The whole time I was on orbit.
Hell I do it often enough watching a sunrise. Gorgeous and spectacular. Very apt.

edit on 6/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
But let's get serious for a moment. You posted that link as reply to easynow...he should watch and weep...but on that link there is nothing to watch but read your "ramblings" about tools falling off.
Those are Story Musgrave's ramblings, not Jim Oberg's ramblings, and he talks about a lot more than tools falling off. He says he thinks the universe is full of ET intelligence and he's always looking at objects to see if they might be evidence of ET intelligence, but so far he hasn't seen such evidence.

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
but that's just it...easynow posted links to videos where he states "gorgeous" and "spectacular" ....I guess "gorgeous" and "spectacular" is the new "normal".
I've heard such language used to describe supermodels but I never inferred an implication that they were aliens.

Anyway from the stories I hear from people who have been in space, it's an entirely different perspective, and many sights can be described that way. They aren't normal sights we would see on Earth's surface and most astronauts only spend a few months in space at a time, which probably isn't too long for the newness of the experiences to disappear.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I wanted to point out a couple of things regarding this "UFO" circle. The bottom right light is actually part of a semi-circle reflection inside the STS. Once the light inside is raised, you can see the reflections:

The bottom left light fades as a cloud covers it and also follows the same path. Which probably means the bottom left light originates on Earth:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
What's most interesting to me is that the Astronauts always say that there was nothing up there that seemed "alien" in nature. But the Shuttle videos always show them tracking with the camera, and even zooming in on these supposedly "routine" pieces of ice! Why so much interest in boring pieces of ice?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join