It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Life is for learning.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Dorset is loverly for a holiday with beautiful beaches, wonderful ancient coastline, ancient Henges and close by to the New Forest etc. The food is especially good. Wherever you go have a brilliant holiday.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

LOL No Birmingham. Fracino just called though and offered me a job.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
could tea ? have almost free in India, burned in a furnace, and sell 100 times more expensive? I better fresh currant leaves brew and useful and free
edit on 26/6/16 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I'm a bit biased, being a Hereford lad, but I ve never tasted any other beef anywhere near as good.

New Zealand beef is far superior

Brexit has major implications for the New Zealand sheep and beef industry

The UK is a major agricultural producer and much of this production currently goes to the EU under zero duties. Last year 90 per cent of the UK's sheepmeat exports went to the EU. If the UK loses its preferential access under Brexit, there will likely be over supply in their own market, dampening demand for imports from New Zealand

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

I'm a bit biased, being a Hereford lad, but I ve never tasted any other beef anywhere near as good.

New Zealand beef is far superior

Brexit has major implications for the New Zealand sheep and beef industry

The UK is a major agricultural producer and much of this production currently goes to the EU under zero duties. Last year 90 per cent of the UK's sheepmeat exports went to the EU. If the UK loses its preferential access under Brexit, there will likely be over supply in their own market, dampening demand for imports from New Zealand

I've never eaten NZ beef, but if it's pasture fed Hereford I would imagine it's every bit as good as ours.

The whole trade thing needs sorting, but don't be too glum, there's no point in a trade war with eu.

NZ exports will no longer be subject to tarriffs in the UK so things may actually get better.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
a reply to: supremecommander

You didn't see me spewing hate rhetoric either, but you still implied that I'm a bigot.

And just because you didn't see a particular section of our population on the news you watch doesn't mean they didn't have the concerns I mentioned.

I'll tell you my reasons for wanting out of the EU. I wanted the country to get out from under yet another layer of government and bureaucracy. We don't need that many people trying to run our lives for us.

Our government was quite enough for the job. Plus, I strongly suspect the bastards were hiding behind the EU's skirts quite a lot to hide their own ineptitude or high-handedness.

I wanted a government that was accountable to the people and that could be voted out if not fit for purpose. In the EU our government was caught between two masters. Its electorate and the EU. And I don't really believe it put the desires of its people first.

The EU is a costly gravy train, pandering to the petty ambitions of an undeserving elite.

You think what you like as far as bigotry is concerned. If you look hard enough for something you're sure to find it. Or what you think passes for it.

So you are among the quiet ones that voted because the bureaucracy of the EU was pissing you off. fine, I respect that.

Its too bad your voices are drowned out by the goons and savages who scream "kick them out". Maybe those that voted leave should make better efforts to disassociate themselves with neanderthal racists.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

when you have behavior like this, I have even more incentive not to buy anything British.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

when you have behavior like this, I have even more incentive not to buy anything British.

Don't then.
Simples.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Good luck, especially living with those animals.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Good luck, especially living with those animals.

Every society has criminals.
It's how we deal with them that defines us

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK Well one thing is certain, now would be the best time to buy something British as the pound tanks to lows seldom seen. The pound dollar exchange would be in our favor ...... and likely to yet fall further giving us even more advantage. What do you suggest we buy ? Guinness..... ? that's not technically British, but I like it...

Suggestions would be thought provoking, and give some ideas to us foreigners across the pond....

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: SprocketUK Well one thing is certain, now would be the best time to buy something British as the pound tanks to lows seldom seen. The pound dollar exchange would be in our favor ...... and likely to yet fall further giving us even more advantage. What do you suggest we buy ? Guinness..... ? that's not technically British, but I like it...

Suggestions would be thought provoking, and give some ideas to us foreigners across the pond....

If you like stout, there are a ton of breweries that make it better. Yorkshire brewery make imperial stout that's 9.5% shepherd's neame brewery make one called double stout. Lovely stuff.

Porter is a stout like beer that's also gorgeous.

You could drink a different one every day for about 5 years! Makes for a great steak and ale pie too.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Still feeling very excited for you guys!! So proud and inspired by our UK brothers!! Bravo guys!!
Some small price items I enjoy.. I will double check and make sure they are still from England.

for the horseman among us.. we all know England makes some of the finest leather goods available! Now might be the time for that new double bridle you've been coveting

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

LOL They made their bed.
Now they have to lay in it.

Watch what happens
Let this be a lesson....

If you're all you know is checkers,
don't get in a chess game with the elite.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Don't then.
Simples.

Oh simples, dimples, my girlfriend has pimples!

You know there was a huge campaign filling peoples heads with fear and angst?
Trolls posted propaganda everywhere.

Instead of tackling problems head on with a level head, it's easier to blame strangers and these manipulators know that.

Once this reason is removed, you'll see it was never them.
Was something else.

Someone else turned a bright light in your eyes, blinded you, while you were driving through the tunnel...
was someone else that killed you. And they'll kill those immigrants who got blamed too. They will kill anything below them, if they have to; even if they don't. One must control the population, dahling.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Maybe those that voted leave should make better efforts to disassociate themselves with neanderthal racists.

Or maybe others shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions about people based on which side they supported in a referendum.

But, I'll take your advice. I hereby publicly disassociate myself from Neanderthal racists.

In return, perhaps you'll make a promise not to be so hasty in your judgements of people?
edit on 26-6-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck

Don't then.
Simples.

Oh simples, dimples, my girlfriend has pimples!

You know there was a huge campaign filling peoples heads with fear and angst?
Trolls posted propaganda everywhere.

Instead of tackling problems head on with a level head, it's easier to blame strangers and these manipulators know that.

Once this reason is removed, you'll see it was never them.
Was something else.

Someone else turned a bright light in your eyes, blinded you, while you were driving through the tunnel...
was someone else that killed you. And they'll kill those immigrants who got blamed too. They will kill anything below them, if they have to; even if they don't. One must control the population, dahling.

I can't help it if you are incapable of seeing past another level of msm manipulation.

Try not to put your own prejudices onto others though, there's a good chap.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

That's a hell of a great gesture and, as a Brit, I'm grateful for all the support you folks are showing us.
Thanks.
And this was announced on independence day...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

4000 jobs to be created. Real jobs, not bull# zero hours ones. What great news.

Piss off about independence day. Victory for the stupid sounds quite good though.

Anyway, even though over 100,000 people had petitioned for a re-vote by mid day yesterday, we are stuck with it now.................... I hope you can tell your grand kids in 3 years time how proud you were to have voted how you did - not like they will have anything else to do apart from listening to you wittering on.

Awwwww democracy doesn't mean everyone agreeing with you, you know. Suck it up cup cake.

You may feel butt hurt, the majority of Brits are looking forward with optimism.

And if I have grandkids in 3 years there is gonna be trouble in my house.

Got another night of partying ahead with people who also love the fact we freed ourselves from the EU

"Majority of Brits"? Jesus your maths is sh.te. 17million Brits voted to leave out of a voting population of 44million and total population of 65million.

You haven't freed your self from the EU you have freed yourself from anti EU BS that the right wing press spoon fed the UK population for decades.

Watch out for the next boogyman to be used to blame for all our ills because the owners of the press don't want you looking at the people who are actually responsible.
edit on 26/6/2016 by yorkshirelad because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: uncommitted

That's a hell of a great gesture and, as a Brit, I'm grateful for all the support you folks are showing us.
Thanks.
And this was announced on independence day...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

4000 jobs to be created. Real jobs, not bull# zero hours ones. What great news.

Piss off about independence day. Victory for the stupid sounds quite good though.

Anyway, even though over 100,000 people had petitioned for a re-vote by mid day yesterday, we are stuck with it now.................... I hope you can tell your grand kids in 3 years time how proud you were to have voted how you did - not like they will have anything else to do apart from listening to you wittering on.

Awwwww democracy doesn't mean everyone agreeing with you, you know. Suck it up cup cake.

You may feel butt hurt, the majority of Brits are looking forward with optimism.

And if I have grandkids in 3 years there is gonna be trouble in my house.

Got another night of partying ahead with people who also love the fact we freed ourselves from the EU

"Majority of Brits"? Jesus your maths is sh.te. 17million Brits voted to leave out of a voting population of 44million and total population of 65million.

You haven't freed your self from the EU you have freed yourself from anti EU BS that the right wing press spoon fed the UK population for decades.

Watch out for the next boogyman to be used to blame for all our ills because the owners of the press don't want you looking at the people who are actually responsible.

Quite right. The majority of Brits who cared enough to vote

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join