It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes
a reply to: NthOther

Nice one, now I wonder where the components used to manufacture your foot pedal were created?
Oh that's right, they were imported. Doh!

Maybe you could buy one of their fine motor cars instead? Like maybe an iconic British brand like Jaguar, oh now, hang on aren't they owned by Indians now?

Perhaps it would be better to start small, like maybe a chocolate bar? Yes try a Cadburys cream egg!
Actually scratch that, they sold Cadburys to the Americans and they are manufactured in Ireland.

How about some fine British steel? Once they have managed to get their last steel foundry back on a sound financial footing and prevent it from shutting down. I hear there's a few international billionaires preparing a rescue package.

My bad , I just checked, it seems they are now getting cold feet since the result of the referendum. (oops!)

Unfortunately
Your example can be repeated all over the globe where Corporations and Big Business have free rein to do as they please without regard for national sovereignty and this also needs to be addressed by citizens in all countries

The citizens are stuck with the costs in tax dollars for NATIONAL infrastructure that is degrading, military spending that should be going for NATIONAL interests not Globalist interests for Corporations to have a free ride where ever they please

What happened with Brexit should happen in many other countries as well since the Bankers and Corps insist on having complete freedom to do as they please with no skin in the game.

Lets see how well Multinational Corporations and Banks with no allegiance to any country do when their military protection is pulled and their consumers have no money to buy their products.

Let the world fall apart and watch the Bankers and Corps cry foul crawling back to their home countries

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Thank-you American cousins from across the pond, I live in Torbay 30 minutes from Plymouth where the first 'brexit' happened

If I could make a suggestion, I know you enjoy coffee as do I.

Here is a British made espresso machine manufacturer constructed with British steel fitted with Italian pumps!, I am sure you have heard of it...

Fracino Espresso Machine.

edit on 25-6-2016 by PickledOnion because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2016 by PickledOnion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What a lovely post. This has really out a smile on my face today
In the UK the 'remainers' are really trying to tear into people for voting out there is so much scare mongering going on over our decision to leave the EU.
I'm proud I voted out along with the other 51%
Nice to see other people want to help support our country

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The guys posting about buying British goods wanted to help the economy a bit.
The ones whining about who owns the companies are missing the point, every order helps pay the wages and keep folks in work so it doesn't really matter whether they are owned by an oligarch in Mumbai or a venture cap. Fund in the square mile.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

You didn't see me spewing hate rhetoric either, but you still implied that I'm a bigot.

And just because you didn't see a particular section of our population on the news you watch doesn't mean they didn't have the concerns I mentioned.

I'll tell you my reasons for wanting out of the EU. I wanted the country to get out from under yet another layer of government and bureaucracy. We don't need that many people trying to run our lives for us.

Our government was quite enough for the job. Plus, I strongly suspect the bastards were hiding behind the EU's skirts quite a lot to hide their own ineptitude or high-handedness.

I wanted a government that was accountable to the people and that could be voted out if not fit for purpose. In the EU our government was caught between two masters. Its electorate and the EU. And I don't really believe it put the desires of its people first.

The EU is a costly gravy train, pandering to the petty ambitions of an undeserving elite.

You think what you like as far as bigotry is concerned. If you look hard enough for something you're sure to find it. Or what you think passes for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is a list of the top consumer markets

en.wikipedia.org...

If the top developed countries killed the current trade pacts and globalist policies, it would be the Multinational Corporations and Banks that would lose Big Time along with their Globalist Investors.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
The guys posting about buying British goods wanted to help the economy a bit.
The ones whining about who owns the companies are missing the point, every order helps pay the wages and keep folks in work so it doesn't really matter whether they are owned by an oligarch in Mumbai or a venture cap. Fund in the square mile.

This is true, but a lot of the whining I see on other boards comes from people loosing money since they side with their wallets and The Globalists over a nations self interests.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yes, doh, Orange toO! Never owned, or played one, thus my error.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PickledOnion
Tell me, is the plant in Torbay?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

Nice one, now I wonder where the components used to manufacture your foot pedal were created?
Oh that's right, they were imported. Doh!

I'm no industrial purist (if there is such a thing). As long as it helps keep someone employed in England, so be it. Someone in Taiwan is making money off of it too? More the merrier.

What would you have us do?

Oh, that's right. Nothing. F# 'em and let 'em rot.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Made an account just to say, I had this exact idea, we should also force our government to seek mutually beneficial trade deals with the UK, we could get amazing value right now.

It would not weaken the US as we are in full swing into the Pacific markets.

also... you scotts look very bad right now. Seattle here and everyone i know that pay attention to global issues were very proud of the UK... I guess we have just the Britts to be proud of.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Godstuff

Lets face it.

In a free and fair voting process, as long as the result is honoured, democracy wins. Do not get me wrong, I am sad that the Scots did not vote with us in the main, but I understand the reasons why they did not. Our central government in the UK has been singularly bastardly toward Scotland, ever since they established their own devolved governance. There was no bloody need for it what so ever.

I would like to have a sit down with a few Scots and discuss that, maybe get a movement together to reunite Scots and English on an even footing, on a personal level, rather than at state level. Reminding those on both sides of Hadrians wall, that we are more alike in our needs and desires, than we are different, may prove instrumental in forcing the UK government to be one that both can be proud of.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf

originally posted by: Dumbass
is tea from India still considered British?

We're not sending you any more tea. Last time you just chucked it overboard and look how that all ended...

Yeah I knew I should not have been smoking that stuff

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Bought me a Walther PPK 9mm......real nice handgun.

Text

Text

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I got ahold of the British lady that I worked with. No luck though because she doesn't remember what it was either. She brought in lots of stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
I got ahold of the British lady that I worked with. No luck though because she doesn't remember what it was either. She brought in lots of stuff.

When you say "a hold of", what do you mean?
What sort of commerce are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Blueracer

When you say "a hold of", what do you mean?
What sort of commerce are you talking about?

Running out of people to correct today? Sinking down to my level is quite beneath you.

In contact with...is that more meaningful for you? And, as I said earlier in the thread...candy from England.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Sorry.
I didn't see your earlier post. There was no point of reference other that getting a hold of a British lady.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No worries. I didn't realize the thread was as big as it was when I posted that and should have made myself clearer.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
nvm

Posting is all nuts right now.
edit on 25-6-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join