It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

I wouldn't.

My grandfathers (both of whom fought for the liberation of Europe) still hated the EU when it came about, because they knew what it really stood for, to the extent where I am sad that they are not here to witness the Exit.

I think you have the wrong idea about us. No matter what you think you have seen from us Brits, if you think we all voted alike because we all think alike, you are wrong. Lumping us all, all the Leave voters together because you believe we voted for the same reasons, is no more sensible than lumping all the Muslims in with the terrorists, or all the gun owners with mass shooters, and so on and so forth.

Please, use a bit of reason. I would no more lambast you for being non-White, than I would treat someone poorly because they had blue eyes. The only people I would treat poorly, are those who are committed to intolerance, bigotry, and the vile habit of phobic behaviour, an excuse to indulge weakness of mind which has effects so severe, as to be a uniquely dangerous disease of the mind.

We are human first friend. I wish you could understand that the way I voted in this referendum does not change the fact that I believe in that principle before nearly all others.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I wouldn't spit on you.

You'll be begging for the luxury of having an omelet when those chickens do come home.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Then you're a rarity from what I've seen, lost in the noise of hateful men spewing vile rhetoric.

My apologies to you as an individual. We are indeed human first.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You know, I've been trying to keep things light-hearted because this thread was started by a well-intentioned OP and, for the most part, has been friendly and fun.

But, consider this. We have a large Asian, Caribbean and African population in the UK and some of them were concerned about the influx of white Europeans.

Now, if they voted Out because of that concern would that make them bigots too?

Why not just accept that everyone is entitled to vote for their own reasons and you'll never prove what those reasons are anyway. No need to hold it against people.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
At the outset there. I saw someone post about buying some Newkie Brown. One is fine, two OK, three is stretching it - get drunk on it and you'll vow to your god you will never touch the stuff again.

If it's drink you're after, I can recommend a Henry Weston's Vintage Cider. I'm supping one now and, at 8.2%, you won't need many to reach the desired effect fermented fruit grants.

Brits do cider guud.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

As one human living on this planet to another, is there really any sphere of life where one is not in that position?

If you are anti-war, you get surrounded by jingoistic morons telling you that you are a coward or a terrorist, or a sympathiser, or a traitor. If you are anti-fascist, you are told you are anti freedom, anti-equality. If you are against corporations having more power than individuals politically speaking, you get called a Nazi, or a communist. If feeling is strong enough in a given week, as recent events have shown, you can be shot in the chest and head just for disagreeing with someone in the street.

It's a crazy world, and it needs to calm down.

I just want everyone to be free. It's what every progressive move in the history of my nation has been leading up to. It's what is threatened by the EU. Fascism is an often misunderstood concept. It holds that combining political power, with financial power, gives a regime control over the people and their pockets both, and is therefore foolproof. Brussels contains the greatest concentration of power, outside the US, Russia, and China. It also attracts an awful lot of financial power. It's parliamentarians are no less prone to bribes than those of any other government, but they are far less accountable, and are far from the easy reach and observation of the member states citizens themselves.

I trust the motivation of any exercise which seeks to move political power away from the human being in the street, toward a central location, about as far as I can throw The EU Comissioners entire office, desk and all, because it is too easy for a fascism to develop with all that power and money around, and no one I trust worth a god damn to keep the power mad from using it for the ill of everyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Odd, i didn't see those Britons spewing hate rhetoric leading up to Brexit

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
At the outset there. I saw someone post about buying some Newkie Brown. One is fine, two OK, three is stretching it - get drunk on it and you'll vow to your god you will never touch the stuff again.

Awesome and so true.
Newkie Brown is foul and needs banning. It tastes so bad.For a good taste try Old Peculiar, Hobgoblin, Banks Best, Abbotts, Titanic Captain Smiths

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

If I ever drink again, if a name hints of the affects, I would have to try the Hobgoblin. The last time I drank was during a trip to the UK...... Scottish whiskey.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Scottish whiskey. Good stuff

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: supremecommander

You align yourself with certain people, expect to be called the same thing that they are.

Many Americans lost money in their retirement funds because of you.

So why should I care now if you burn or not?

I second this post
Some things are more important than money especially when it comes to the Wall Street ponzi schemes

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Witness2008

Scottish whiskey. Good stuff

Scotch whisky.
A single malt is good but bourbon is better so I'll be buying American.

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yes it is. I think that a lot of folks in Edinburgh will remember me. I quit drinking after that.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

We had no say in those matters.

Can you say the same?

I'll bet if most Americans had a say, such as myself, the wars would have never happened, nor would NAFTA, Bailouts, TPP, China Trade and so on

I am glad you agree that the American People need to have a say in it

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Nice one, now I wonder where the components used to manufacture your foot pedal were created?
Oh that's right, they were imported. Doh!

Maybe you could buy one of their fine motor cars instead? Like maybe an iconic British brand like Jaguar, oh now, hang on aren't they owned by Indians now?

Perhaps it would be better to start small, like maybe a chocolate bar? Yes try a Cadburys cream egg!
Actually scratch that, they sold Cadburys to the Americans and they are manufactured in Ireland.

How about some fine British steel? Once they have managed to get their last steel foundry back on a sound financial footing and prevent it from shutting down. I hear there's a few international billionaires preparing a rescue package.

My bad , I just checked, it seems they are now getting cold feet since the result of the referendum. (oops!)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: anonymous1legion

Just as well, Jaguar are owned by an Indian company now.
Newcastle Brown ale is owned by Heineken, that's Heineken the well known British brand.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Bradford here and I agree most of the Asian people I know voted out also.

link   

link   

oops computer burped.
edit on 25-6-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow

If it's drink you're after, I can recommend a Henry Weston's Vintage Cider. I'm supping one now and, at 8.2%, you won't need many to reach the desired effect fermented fruit grants.

Brits do cider guud.

My hometown brew. Good call.
Though go easy, powerful stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join