It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The idea is to favor solutions over prejudicial knee jerk responses. I don't think that happened here.
I am exempt from prejudice, and only speak out of pity. Not of a prejudicial nature since I know that a persons gender, race, sex preference, religion and even their nationality are not problems. People have lived side by side in peace before. It is ignorance and the stirring of hatred by upstarts, fabricated stories and lies spread around to cause division and hate. Yes, ignorance causes a whole lot of problems, can even make people vote against their own best interests and I think it played a large part here in this referendum. I am entitled to my opinion. Every opinion is not a prejudice. You may be used to speaking to people who agree with you, and that is why you confuse opinion with prejudice. Maybe a little too simples.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Our gunsmiths (yes gunsmiths
) are second to none!!.
You are right on that one!If I had the means I would LOVE to have a Purdey or Holland and Holland,alas,My fortune wouldn`t make a down payment.Hardy fly reels made in England are fine ssporting goods also,don`t know if they are still made though.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck

If you're all you know is checkers,
don't get in a chess game with the elite.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like the Queen's Gambit to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Loveaduck

Yeah, whatever dude.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
... I say buy 'fish & chips' or the local stocks plying Fish-&-chips...
but Do-Not try to imagine a profit for buying British monetary 'Pounds' hoping for a super increased value (say $3 USDs per pound) ---- Its just not gonna happen any time soon !

silver sterling coins will gain as the silver spot increases but the paper pound is destined for the penny-stock area

just a heads up ats members

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Thanks!,
That is a great explaination.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

"Majority of Brits"? Jesus your maths is sh.te. 17million Brits voted to leave out of a voting population of 44million and total population of 65million.

It was the majority of Brits whose voices count. If you are not eligible to vote there's a reason for it. If you are one of the millions who could vote but didn't then you obviously don't care enough about your future anyway. If you can't even be bothered to cross the street and spoil your ballot and exercise your democratic rights then I don't really care what you think.
edit on 27 6 2016 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

aye they #ed it , sold of all our steel before we left the EU

shut down ravenscraig and a few others, current government and the rest , arseholes the lot

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I really hope Brexit motivates our nation to start manufacturing again.

We may never have been the most prolific, or even best value manufacturers, but damn do we believe in quality. It's rare to find something built by Brits that isn't excellent. We need to start doing more of that!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Not exactly....

I think the thing with Scotland is...

They're so very proud (as they should be) of their recent gains with their own parliament etc. that Scottish politics has really had a boot up it's arse recently.

But, unfortunately, many have let the pride cloud their reasoning and will blindly vote in whatever direction Sturgeon tells them to!

If England had voted with their leaders, we would have remained also, as our remain campaigners were, essentially the entire House of Commons and our leave campaigners were clowns.

Really proud of our little island for ignoring the propoganda and fear and voting for sovereignty. It really annoys me to hear so many ignorant people saying this has anything to do with immigration or racism, when in fact, us Brits are very proud of our culture, heritage and nation and would likely have voted the same way if there were no immigration crisis going on. We're far too proud to be ruled over by another nation or group.

I have not heard anyone say that they voted out because they don't like brown people...

I have also never heard anything but complaints about the EU since we got more involved, way before the referendum.

Next step (whatever way you voted) is to start encouraging local business and manufacturers again. Buy British food! Ask shop owners if there produce is British and if it isn't shop somewhere else! It won't take long for retailers to pick up on it. This could be a real time of prosperity for us all if we start voting with our £££'s...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Great idea! If we arent too picky about shipping prices, shopping on British ebay would be a good move to buy direct from the citizens!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've got to say, I haven't liked the Brits this much in....well, ever!

Tipping my hat to our friends across the pond.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I rather buy domestic or Eu, not british. You had referendum, now enjoy it. To tell you the truth most of my buying is from china anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

What an amazing gesture - thank you!

Britain voted for democracy and the ability to hire and fire their leaders, even though it may harm their pockets!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Better poor and free than well off but owned.I say good for the British people and I hope your economy booms,I will buy British goods when I can,definitely support people deciding their own fate instead of letting other countries run their lives.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I Love Britain , If brexit is for real , I would buy an unionflag t-shirt and wear it until it stinks.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

As a result of their decision to leave the EU, Britain's future financial health is uncertain.

its not, its pretty clear its screwed, 'project fear' became 'project fact' before the result was announced with every brexit politician proclaiming they couldn't believe people fell for their lies.
market levels are at world war 2 levels and are getting ready for article 50 to fire which, will plummet it further.

So I thought, What can I, an average American Joe, do for our friends across the pond that have seen the light and rejected globalism?

leaving europe prevents globalism how? there are 5 continents you know?
brexit was based around racism and democracy, racism has spiked post brexit, the tories are about to undemocratically push a new leader on the country, globalism?

It's made by an English company.

in taiwan.

Anyone else have ideas on how we can help our friends weather the economic storm that's coming?

hope the world enters a new recession along with britain.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

As a result of their decision to leave the EU, Britain's future financial health is uncertain.

its not, its pretty clear its screwed, 'project fear' became 'project fact' before the result was announced with every brexit politician proclaiming they couldn't believe people fell for their lies.
market levels are at world war 2 levels and are getting ready for article 50 to fire which, will plummet it further.

Umm........Wrong

leaving europe prevents globalism how? there are 5 continents you know?
brexit was based around racism and democracy, racism has spiked post brexit, the tories are about to undemocratically push a new leader on the country, globalism?
None of you were interested in the reasons to leave, you were all too busy calling everyone racists and saying the sky would fall in your hope to maintain the anti democratic status quo of the EU

hope the world enters a new recession along with britain.

So you hope the world burns because you didn't get your way?

Now the rest of you see what we leavers fought against.
edit on 11pMon, 04 Jul 2016 03:34:11 -050020162016-07-04T03:34:11-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: quoting

edit on 37pMon, 04 Jul 2016 03:34:37 -050020162016-07-04T03:34:37-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Not really, have a look at these graphs.

Yellow is measured in gbp, purple in euro.
It shows quite a loss in terms of value, the second graph shows that the gbp is not recovering.
In fact my prediction is that it will lose even more value in the coming weeks because of the news of today.

Construction PMI
Standard Life shuts property fund amid rush of Brexit withdrawals

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

The post stated market levels were at WW2 ones...whatever that means, since you can't actually measure the FTSE 100 in that way.

Currency fluctuates all the time, if you really think the pound will fall indefinitely then you'll no doubt short it hugely.
Thing is, this correction, which is all it is, has already stalled as people are seeing value again.
How long before rising exports as a result of the low pound start pushing it up again?

Can't do anything about the Euro zone as they have some crises coming with some of the Italian Banks and also looming industrial unrest in France, Spain and possibly Germany, none of which is down to Brexit.

Just as equities tanked then bounced back, currency will do the same.

I know there's a tendency to try and talk down the economy by some folks as a way of saying "look what your freedom cost you!" But to my mind it's not nearly bad enough for us to have any regrets and when the euro blows up as it will, we will be blessed not to be joined at the hip with the EU

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join