It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I hear you about the air condition...I have mine set at 78 F ..it's been around 93 outside here in ST. Pete, Florida., I know I'm going to have a nice bill a coming hahah...but..it's just so hot with-out it...

I did a smart thing two weeks ago...I play the stock market...and I bought a few thousands in silver...I just knew if GB ..left E ...that it would jump!! ..I was very happy ..to see my investment go up very much!!! It will pay for my cooling

edit on 25-6-2016 by Krypto1 because: what??

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krypto1
My Dad taught me how to press my trousers (I guess you call them pants) using brown paper and an iron. And polish my shoes properly. He was Navy, too.

I meant every word. You have a great gift and it's wonderful to see.

Keeping track of your chapters and word counts is a great thing to do. It just helps to build a stronger feeling that your are working towards something that will one day be complete.

Don't worry too much about having it all in "Manuscript" format yet -- double-spaced and all that -- just focus on your writing. We are lucky to have modern word processing software to create the document in any format we like, whenever we want. So, for the time being, just write in whatever font and spacing you prefer. Whatever looks good to you. When you have it all done and you need it edited and proofread, what format you use depends on who will read it and what they want.

But one thing: back up your work. Save copies onto flash sticks or something. The biggest nightmare is to have your computer go down in a major way and lose everything that's on it. So, make copies that are stored separately from your computer.

I understand what you mean about the 99%. That's very normal with writers who really love what they do and care about their stories. We are never completely satisfied. There does come a point when you have to stop editing and rewriting and let your baby go out into the world and be whatever she is at that time. And that can be painful. It can hurt to let them go. But that is all part of the process, and if we seek absolute perfection then we'll never let anything go.

I haven't done any new writing on Book II in my series for some weeks now. The ideal is to write every day, but real life just hasn't allowed it. Even so, I have the plots, scenes and storylines, which will all fall into their places when I have the chance to write freely and let them come into being. Meanwhile, they wait.

Our stories are already there, in our minds, or wherever it is we see, hear, and live them. Our job is to bring them into a place where others can experience them as we do. And I know you will achieve that.

ETA: okay, half past midnight here. So, I'll bid you all good night and catch you later.

edit on 25/6/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Good night !! Nice to meet you !!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: Quantum12

Hi, Michael. Wish we could be there with you! Dada's exhausted and she's sleeping now. Just after 10.30 pm here. But it was very draining today, with the heat and humidity.

How are you, my friend? I've missed you.

Sorry Mike, I was riding waves. I am sure your heat is killer. Rest and drink let's of water!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krypto
Lucky!!
If I knew how to play the stockmarket....... Haha. I've tried looking at things before, but I have no idea how to get started and where and when and how. My bank has a thing to help one get started in the market, but it all goes ~whoosh~ over my head. I have noooo idea.

a reply to: JustMike
Yes! I have all of my files backed up onto two flash drives, and in the Microsoft Word cloud. I would be absolutely devastated if my harddrive died and I lost everything. I don't even want to imagine!

Writing in the manuscript style actually helped me a little bit! I found it hard at first, I didn't want to just transform the whole document into the style, I wanted to do it manually... and as I did so, I managed to reduce unnecessary words, add a bit more depth here and there, condense conversations a bit so they flowed a bit easier. It was very helpful! I actually -want- to write more in the manuscript style now in order to tidy things.

But I've decided that the words I've put into the manuscript are THE words now, I've edited them a thousand times, it's their time now. There is not one spelling mistake, it's as correct in the grammar that it will ever be, and it just "is", it's done, it's ready for someone to peruse. And now I can work in peace on the next lot. And when I'm proud of the next words, they can be re-written into the manuscript and tidied up a bit too!

I understand about real life though, not allowing you to work. And by the sounds of things you have a -lot- going on in your real life. But it all helps, your next life experience could easily become your next heartfelt chapter. Sometimes all I manage is one sentence, and I will stare at that sentence for the rest of week trying to work out where to go with it and then something will click and out it flows. And then there are the other days where I belt out a whole chapter in a couple of hours and I'm in love.

I have my son sitting with me at the moment, keeping my legs warm in this 0 degree weather, hehe. And it makes it incredibly difficult to type. But we usually play a few learning games and such when he gets into these moods. He's a 30kg lump! The combined weight of us both will break the computer chair one of these days!

ETA: Woops, I missed you while typing up this novel. Goodnight!
Sleep well!!
edit on 25 6 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You can ask me anytime ...I will give you a few tips ..It really isn't that hard!! Hint: watch Sprint (S) ..I think it's a good time to still get in. I bought over 5,000 shares at below $3.00 and am still holding..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Krypto, how are you? Is your band playing tonight? In 1990 I bought QCOM 100 shares.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Krypto, how are you? Is your band playing tonight? In 1990 I bought QCOM 100 shares.

I wonder what happened to my mates....

I'm just playing on Mood music Bro

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
G'day good people of the shed !

Though I would drop off a daily dose of kewtz ...

Smile ... 😎

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Where's the party !!! hahaah

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It's morning here in Oz. mate ...

The party is but a hangover now ...

😇

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

It's morning here in Oz. mate ...

The party is but a hangover now ...

😇

Well crap!! What is a bloke to do??

can I make you a bloody Mary??

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Sounds good ! Double shot of vidka with extra tabasco thanks ... 😎

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Or vodka lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Sounds good ! Double shot of vidka with extra tabasco thanks ... 😎

At your command

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I wonder how many bottles were smashed making that movie ?

And who broke more ... Tom Cruise or Bryan Brown ?

🍾🍸🍹🍺

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Beautiful photos! Thank you Timely!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Hey Q ! How are you mate ?

Krypto is working the bar ...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Just got in from the beach all day out. Can I order a Martini shaken not stirred?

How are you this morning?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I wonder how many bottles were smashed making that movie ?

And who broke more ... Tom Cruise or Bryan Brown ?

🍾🍸🍹🍺

Hell I don't know mate!! Hahhaahha..

Let's just dance!!

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join