It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 8

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Now don't everybody go and order one or I'll have to think of something else for Christmas!!!!

GEEZ!!!!

LMAO

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

LOL!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Glad you got your ATS mug Bird! Now you'll never be able to get us off your mind. LOL

I have to do laundry and stuff. I'll be popping in and out.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I want to thank Chirp. She kindly fixed up my avatar and I am grateful to her. Thanks Chirp

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Of course!!!
Anything for a friend!!!
🍺

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If anyone's around, just want to say hello.

Lord, I'm tired...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's raining here ...so I can drink beer !! hahahaha !!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
If anyone's around, just want to say hello.

Lord, I'm tired...

Hello!!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krypto1
Krypto! It's great to see you!

Love the sign. I'll take the booze and buffet. I'm already expert enough at bad dance moves.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hahaah!! Sounds good !!! a lot better than the sleeping quarters around here!!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Crumbs... The Three Stooges. That takes me back 50 years or more, to when I'd watch them on TV in glorious B&W when I got home from school. (We didn't have color transmissions in Oz that long ago. Not that it mattered as their shows were all in B&W anyway, AFAIK.)

ETA: wow... Bucketing down with rain here now. Been such a hot and muggy day. Hopefully this storm will give us some relief.

edit on 25/6/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hello Mike, I am sitting on the beach. Hope your well, kiss Dada.
edit on 6 25 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hi, Michael. Wish we could be there with you! Dada's exhausted and she's sleeping now. Just after 10.30 pm here. But it was very draining today, with the heat and humidity.

How are you, my friend? I've missed you.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Crumbs... The Three Stooges. That takes me back 50 years or more, to when I'd watch them on TV in glorious B&W when I got home from school. (We didn't have color transmissions in Oz that long ago. Not that it mattered as their shows were all in B&W anyway, AFAIK.)

ETA: wow... Bucketing down with rain here now. Been such a hot and muggy day. Hopefully this storm will give us some relief.

Same with me ..after school stooges!! I loved the movies the 3 stooges did also!!

It's raining hard here in Central Florida...but I'm in a good place..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
In the quiet hours of darkness I sit here thinking about our missing members, old friends and all that we have shared through the years. I haven't forgotten a single one of you, not for one day. I keep my memories of you close to my heart, all the laughter, the love and joy, even the sorrows we have shared. You are always with me, a part of me. I think of you, wonder how you are, wonder if you are ok. I wish you all the best in life and hope that maybe some day you will return 'home' here at the shed where you belong, where you are missed and cherished. Just needed you all to know that. Life is too short, let your light shine out into the world and have a beautiful life. Just don't forget that you have a home here waiting for you.

I just wanted to quote this so it was on another page

I saw it last night, but I didn't want to comment because it would push it off the page! Haha!
Such beautiful sentiments, Night Star, heartfelt and beautiful.

Good morning everyone
-2 degrees at the moment! Hehe!
Though my son wasn't too happy about it. He has accidents when the temperature drops this low, so he just had a fun time being cleansed and changed in sub-zero weather

Hello Miss Birdie!
I love your ATS mug, hehehe! I'll have to get one myself at some stage, I noticed a few people showing off theirs in the past and I always admired them.

Hello JustMike!
I hope that you and Dada are well.

Hello, everyone!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Rain is one of the great miracles of nature. Yes, we oft complain about it, but it's truly an amazing thing. Hygroscopic nuclei and all that. It's quite something, what has to happen for rain to occur.

I'm philosophical tonight. That's a dangerous way to be. I could say almost anything.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Oh, Kaelci!

I always love reading your stories. I'm looking forward to when you publish a book so I can buy it, read your wonderful style of writing and just wish (and wish and wish!) that I could write half as well as you do! The wonders you work with words make me weep.

Minus two degrees there? It was about 35 here today (and 37.5 yesterday). Now, at 11:30-ish at night, it's about 22 C and raining. Such a relief!

Dada had such a day yesterday. She woke up at 2:30 am and in spite of a few tries I just couldn't get her to go back to sleep. So, I was up with her all day until she finally slept about 10 pm. I got to bed at around midnight. 21 hr day. So, today has just been recovery -- and the heat hasn't helped. We have no air conditioning. Very few people here have any.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Dave Clark Five - Any Way You Want It

Hahhaaha!! I hear you!! I've been around the world ..even lived on Guam for two years ...lots of rain there!! And been at sea in where my feet would leave the ground!! (sailed from Florida to Galveston TX and hit a bad storm..but made it)

I could go on!!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Glad you got your ATS mug Bird! Now you'll never be able to get us off your mind. LOL

I have to do laundry and stuff. I'll be popping in and out.

My dear departed wife use to hate the way I could fold cloths so good !! LOL!! ...One of the best things I learned in the Navy !!! hahahahh

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Oh, that would be such a relief!!
We get so many hot and humid days, after days and days of it you can't help but stare up into the sky, shake your fists, and plead for a good storm to cut through the humidity! *does a little rain dance* hehe.

I've been trying to wean myself off the air conditioning on the hot days lately, just can't afford the bills that it brings. I was happy with our efforts this year! Because even though apparently it was the hottest year on record, we only felt the need to turn it on once or twice a fortnight. But I imagine it would be such a relief for you both! Fans, lots of fans, and a chinese hand-fan for good measure.

When I was younger, I used to soak my pillow in water and pop it into the freezer and grab it out a few hours later. HAHA! My mum soon put a stop to that

And I thank you for your words! It means a LOT coming from you!
I was sitting here, gaping, for a few minutes there. I'm still unsure of what to say! But, thank you so much.

I followed your suggestions and set up my chapters, with word counts and progress reports by the side of each one. And I've started typing up the first 30,000 words (All words I'm 99% proud of, can't say 100%, I'm an iffy person, haha) into manuscript form. Though there is still a lot more I need to do. And ATS doesn't help, I need more willpower. Hehe. But I'm getting better at being less distracted!

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join