It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Imam of Al-Azhar Thinks Atheists Are Seeking to Undermine Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Somebody's got to keep the organized religion multi-level marketing program, their pyramid scam, going

That's exactly why he wants to stamp out atheism- so he can keep his position of power and probably wealth. Screw him, yes Islam should be undermined until there's nothing left of it's oppression and stupidity.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3
a reply to: Annee

Cripes...a loosely translated idea that is followed by many people...or ANYTHING believed in these or ANY days by the masses: ie idolization of the Kardashians (gag), maybe? As a simplified example. Not that hard of a stretch I'd think.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who drinks on a Tuesday.

Must be an atheist ritual in our ideology.
edit on 21-6-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Why is it so hard for some to believe that most atheists and agnostics just live their lives trying to be good people, by societies definition of a good person.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Cripes...a loosely translated idea that is followed by many people...or ANYTHING believed in these or ANY days by the masses: ie idolization of the Kardashians (gag), maybe? As a simplified example. Not that hard of a stretch I'd think.

Still don't know what point you are trying to make.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Holy ripped nylons Batman !

A religious leader desperately trying to cling on to his position of power and control over the people !

*yawn*

Why should he be any different from all the other religious leaders of the world ?

Same bat time, same bat channel.

edit on 21-6-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Glad to see I'm not the only one who drinks on a Tuesday.

Must be an atheist ritual in our ideology.

Weird. I'm Christian and drinking on Tuesday. Did I accidentally take on one of your days?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Double
edit on 6/21/2016 by TarzanBeta because: Dp dawg

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Holy ripped nylons Batman !

A religious leader desperately trying to cling on to his position of power and control over the people !

*yawn*

Why should he be any different from all the other religious leaders of the world ?

Same bat time, same bat channel.

Hey I resemble that remark.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Islam gets special attention at this juncture in time.
and so islam should, most definitely. With all the murder, ethnic cleansing, rape, torture and inhuman suffering they inflict on people. I'm sick of all the bull# that defenders of islam sprout out. Never forget ALL muslims, around the world in the USA, Europe, Syria, Iraq, Saudi etc,etc, ALL strictly abide by the koran, The koran is full of hate to convert and conquer,written by humans 700 years ago, and yes i have read the book.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm here to undermine, I bought a new shovel.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Nice to see ATS’s own Grand Imams making sure that the Christian side gives as much intolerance and incomprehension as it gets.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

As a thought experiment, I would like to see a world without religions. It could be interesting to see humanity in its naked honesty and see if levels of conflict would be higher, lower or just the same.

As for the Imam, yes there are a great many atheists who would like to be rid of Islam. For fairness, they would also like to do the same for Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism. I personally think the majority of atheists do not spend a moment of their time thinking about religions.

At the thread in general, the Imam's stance is tolerant and highlights (again) the different tones and temperatures of Islam. The Saudis would be lashing atheists (recall the blogger?) and this Egyptian is saying Muslims need better arguments to beat the 'simple and comprehensible' ideas of atheists.

It's similar, in intent, to the Archbishop of Canterbury and his debate with Richard Dawkins. Whereas some Christians get very angry at atheism, so do some atheists at Christianity. The Archbishop opted to talk and be moderate instead and did rather well imo.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

As was our Bible...which, with the self-educated people who followed, CLEANED the ideals/idealogy up! REFORMED, as it were. What scares me is IF, what IF, it wasn't meant to be cleaned up, reformed? But, I look at it this way, God gave us "free will", the free will to exchange blood and guts for life lived in and for PEACE.

If one thinks about it logically, we were granted Free Will... therefore, we had/have the ability to choose directions that benefit us ALL. That ability alone speaks volumes for the belief I think God actually had in us as his children.

If we cannot develop, and uphold values of goodness for all, what good is Free Will? Or do we simply roll over, bow down to, and actually ACCEPT the lack of human values of a "god" who apparently calls for, supports and actively "rewards" murder, pedophilia, torture and all the wrongs we are predisposed to judge what seems to be a growing number of islamists by? Personally, I say...they need to take it back to their 4th century closed societies dark, dank cave. Mull it over, TRY to evolve and return to actually JOIN the world in order to make it BETTER. NOT simply continue to chew it up, swallow and vomit up the mental crap that's been compounding, compacting in their guts for CENTURIES.

Unfortunately, I cannot see this happening anywhere conceiveably close to a time you, my grandchildren or even their grandchildren will see. But just the mere thought that it WILL happen through humanity's efforts towards accepting, changing ALL in the name of, for the good of, our OWN humanity is good enough for me. After all, weren't we told that we, as humble as we should be, are a vital part of God and that God LIVES WITHIN US? I prefer to believe that we indeed WERE made in the IMAGE of God with the ability to strive for and become as much like him as we can, just as he said. NOT made by or in the image of the unspeakably evil "god" that some would have us believe we were.
edit on 22-6-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think the vast majority of people have the basic human instincts of kindness to others, compassion and simply getting along the best they can. That is in their nature before they hear about religion and its ideals. If you look at what various religions condone, you see the corruption of kindness, compassion and getting along harming none.

I blame religion for a lot of its teachings that others who don't follow its particular path are evil, ignorant and if your islamic need to be killed or converted.

This imam shows he is totally out of touch with the world and is showing his fear that people won't accept his words any more and they will ask him questions he honestly can't answer. If they blindly are indoctrinated or merely accept out of some form of unearned respect what he dictates, then he is safe and OK, but if, as people get more opportunity to think for themselves they ask what their religion has given them other than hope, which all atheists and ordinary people from every other religion also have, then he is sunk. Personally I think that is where he should be in any case because he does peddle poison via religion, especially if he supports sharia. Any religious leader who teaches his followers are special and above other people is tainted with the same brush. Religion doesn't make a decent human being automatically it can make zealots and terrorists. In fact its time we asked the question should it either be reformed or phased out when you consider its effect on innocent minds?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Wail, day'yum, personage...I cain't THINK fer ya, an if'nin ya cain't figger hit out fer yerself, ah jes dunno whut tah tell u'ins....

Cripes....

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Nah, just basically an agnostic I guess. Haven't seen/heard of anything to convince me otherwise I suppose. How sad....

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Your post make sense, and has logic. I have lived in a muslim country for 20 years and boy, has it opened my eyes. The "fear" muslims have of offending the koran teachings and their religion in general. Islam as you would know is very aligned to the catholic teachings of the old testament. I would think to reform the koran would be impossible due to the immense fear and indoctrination of the islam religion.........

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Didn't Gandhi already try that?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
He's kind of right.

a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Isn't that the point of atheism to undermine religion, we do it to Christianity too, so I'm told

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

If there is no logic and hypocrisy and parts refuting other parts in a religion then it is flawed. And I do not think aware spirits make those flaws that small minded insane humans do.

Atheist are good at using logic and showing why some religions fail badly. I do not agree with atheists that the spiritual realm do not exists. But I do not have any good thing to say about the religions who are brainwashing death cults using duality separation (us vs them thinking) to create suffering and enslaving souls.

Atheist have a very hard time going after the awareness religions like Buddhism and Taosim with logic since they are not as simple minded as the Abrahamic religions and are well thought out. If there is problems in them then they are harder to find and you have to think really deep to find flaws.
edit on 22-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join