It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From "The Hill" - Evangelical leader says Trump is ‘un-Christian,' endorses Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Go to Zero Hedge they just posted all the payoffs
but what difference will it make
NONE

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know we all have different ideas about the suitability of Mrs Clinton, but, this is not the first Christian or even the first Evangelical to denounce Donald J.Trump.

Charisma News - Why Evangelical Christians Should Not Support Trump

And others.

So what I'm interested in here is the trend. Again is the 30 plus year "Reagan Coalition" finally starting to crumble?
edit on 21-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I love the Herbert quote. I share your sentiments

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Come on man, you're being entirely political here, with a purpose. I recognize your intellect, but why keep beating this horse...the fish aren't biting...all right of center are not evangelical...your ploy is obvious...some people don't believe in Barack Obama or that crazy blowhard fascist Hillary, and using the religious right won't convince the critical thinking right of center(in this election) to change their mind.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I wish religious leaders would keep their noses out of politics.

In fact, it makes me wonder how someone can be 'of God' and still be so involved in one of the worst manifestations of mankind.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

But Babylon must have her Queen and usher in the Antichrist, Im surprised there isn't more evangelists on board you know birds of a feather...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I respect your opinion.

I'll state my purpose again. There are several individuals and groups that have traditionally been part of the Republican/Reagan coalition that seem to be defecting this year over Mr Trump.

Yes it is a political question that's why it's posed in Political Madness.

The bigger question is ... What will happen if a significant portion of what we have always called the Religious Right ... Are no longer "Right"?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I wonder how much Clinton paid this Evangelical Blowhard? I wonder if it's in the DNC or Clinton leaks?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I wonder how much Clinton paid this Evangelical Blowhard? I wonder if it's in the DNC or Clinton leaks?

Cheers - Dave

I don't suppose you have any evidence to back that up? Why would this lady have to be paid? Is it not possible that she actually believes Clinton is the better choice?
edit on 21-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Cheers - Dave

I don't suppose you have any evidence to back that up? Why would this lady have to be paid? Is it not possible that she actually believes Clinton is the better choice?

I asked questions, I didn't state facts. As to your second question, NO.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

Right right ... nothing to see here, you were just "asking questions."

And no one can have a different opinion than yours, and if they do, they're pandering and lying?

Amazing integrity on display there chief.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I say that Hillary is closer to Christianity than Trump since Satan is a construct of Christianity and Hillary certainly fits that bill.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I say that Hillary is closer to Christianity than Trump since Satan is a construct of Christianity and Hillary certainly fits that bill.

I get the Hillary joke.

Are you saying you also have doubts about Mr. T's religious convictions?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Nevermind.

Upon further reflection, I'd have to say my query in this thread is fairly moot:

Trump Is Surrounding Himself With Evangelical Pastors - The Atlantic

James Dobson. Richard Land. Ralph Reed. The ’90s are back in Trumpland, and the old-guard religious right is making its return. After Trump spoke at a meeting of more than 1,000 evangelicals and some Catholics on Tuesday, his campaign announced his appointment of an “evangelical executive advisory board” to lead a larger “Faith and Cultural Advisory Committee” that will be announced later in June.

The list reads like a who’s who of conservative Christian leaders. Ronnie Floyd just ended his term as president of the Southern Baptist Convention. Jerry Falwell Jr. heads Liberty University. Reed and Dobson each founded highly influential Christian lobbying groups—the Faith and Freedom Coalition and Focus on the Family, respectively. Many of these figures are household-names among Christian families in America, having either started or inherited empire-sized talk-radio networks and organizations.

Only three women made the cut on the list of 25 names: Paula White, the pastor at New Destiny Christian Center in Florida; Michele Bachmann, the former congresswoman; and Gloria Copeland, who’s listed with her husband as the founder of Kenneth Copeland Ministries. (“God delights in your prosperity!” their website reads.)

/thread

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I get the Hillary joke.

Are you saying you also have doubts about Mr. T's religious convictions?

Don't really care abut the religion of the candidates.

That's their business, not mine. I was just commenting in relation to the thread.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

Right right ... nothing to see here, you were just "asking questions."

And no one can have a different opinion than yours, and if they do, they're pandering and lying?

Amazing integrity on display there chief.

Be happy I am calm and peaceful now with smiley faces ;-) I didn't say you were lying and pandering on behalf of the mother of all lies, but since you brought it up, are you? Clinton is vile slime, if she were a character in game of thrones, she would be Ramsey, just for the attitude. Clinton is so psychologically abhorrent, so ethically obscene, she would make sh#t smell good if there were a pile of it beside her.

If I were in hell, up to my neck in boiling sh#t I would still be laughing, because I would be standing on Hillary's shoulders.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

A top Evangelical leader on Tuesday called Donald Trump “un-Christian” and endorsed Hillary Clinton for president. ADVERTISEMENT “Mr. Trump’s proposals are not just un-Christian — they’re un-American and at odds with the values our country holds dearest,” said Deborah Fikes, executive advisor to the World Evangelical Alliance, a global ministry organization that works with churches in 129 countries around the world. Fikes went on to say she is “praying” for “Sister Hillary” to be elected. “Hillary Clinton is the leader who people of faith are looking for and we are praying that Sister Hillary and not Mr. Trump will be elected in November,” Fikes said.

Article at The Hill online

I realize that this was the personal opinion of one individual, but Ms. Fikes is fairly well-placed in the Evangelical movement.

Evangelicals and others on the Religious Right have been slow to warm up to Mr. Trump ... I wonder if this is the beginning of some defections in the impenetrable "Reagan Coalition" after all these years.

What say you, ATS?

Funny I saw on Fox news today he has been endorsed.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Nevermind.

Upon further reflection, I'd have to say my query in this thread is fairly moot:

Trump Is Surrounding Himself With Evangelical Pastors - The Atlantic

James Dobson. Richard Land. Ralph Reed. The ’90s are back in Trumpland, and the old-guard religious right is making its return. After Trump spoke at a meeting of more than 1,000 evangelicals and some Catholics on Tuesday, his campaign announced his appointment of an “evangelical executive advisory board” to lead a larger “Faith and Cultural Advisory Committee” that will be announced later in June.

The list reads like a who’s who of conservative Christian leaders. Ronnie Floyd just ended his term as president of the Southern Baptist Convention. Jerry Falwell Jr. heads Liberty University. Reed and Dobson each founded highly influential Christian lobbying groups—the Faith and Freedom Coalition and Focus on the Family, respectively. Many of these figures are household-names among Christian families in America, having either started or inherited empire-sized talk-radio networks and organizations.

Only three women made the cut on the list of 25 names: Paula White, the pastor at New Destiny Christian Center in Florida; Michele Bachmann, the former congresswoman; and Gloria Copeland, who’s listed with her husband as the founder of Kenneth Copeland Ministries. (“God delights in your prosperity!” their website reads.)

/thread

Maybe not.

I always saw Trump as one who would have difficulty appealing to some of the religious right. The vitriol and #NeverTrump-ness coming from the Cruz/Carson crowd being my main evidence of this.

I think you have a point in your original post, I think there is some slippage going on. But the difference I see is that even if they jump ship to support someone like Clinton, then are they really moving that far to the "left" of Trump? Both are right-wingers in my mind, in the definitive sense of the word and not the bastardized American political version of it.

What you posted above may simply be Trump organizing a Fundamentalist defense, if I may be liberal in my usage of such terms. I do not see what Clinton offers over Trump to the religious right but I'm surprised they support either candidate, honestly.

Trump may see the writing on the wall, see fundamental Christians not flocking to his side and be organizing a defense pre-emptively to stop any massive leakage of support.

But this would also require the Trump campaign to be proactive instead of reactive. That sure would be a change, huh?

I still think there is merit in your question.
edit on 6/22/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/22/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

She has a permanent seat as an advisor to the UN.. connect the dots on this. Which of the two running for office is a globalist? Clinton..

Clinton takes money and took money while she was secretary of state from nations with the worst human rights record in the world, against women, homosexuals ect. for favors..

you don't have to be a genius to know what is going on here and its got nothing to do with Trump being a non christian. Quite frankly, I don't care where this UN woman stands, and she can call herself a buddist, a christian, or a yellow bunny, it doesn't make it true Hillary has far less morals than satan, Trump is a decidedly better moral choice - but globalism is the entirety of the fight this election, it is what people are fighting either for, or against, not the state of anyone's Christianity. (who cares really? Isn't the state of this nation more important?)

So.. this woman just stated what side of the fence she plans on being and that is her right. She is just as satanic in morals as Hillary, just wears a prettier, much more deceptive face.
edit on 22-6-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish

Honestly, I am an evangelical according to all the pollsters, based on their definition of evangelical. (I took part in some of their polls)

That said, most evangelicals are supportive of Trump, and honestly, Christianity is not a factor for most of us. I personally could care less how christian he says he is, most who say it are the farthest thing from it - just lies and smoke screens in order to take your eye of what really matters. We have separation of Church and State here, and that is what matters, not someone promising religious edicts for the masses. I'm not catholic..

Trump has the religious right, but most people don't understand what most of the religious right really think, because of the people who are in love with their idiotic smoke and mirrors. They are just the loudest, they are however, NOT the most numerous.

People are waking up to the fact they have been trying to keep everyone's eye on the wrong hand, while they push the globalist agenda forward.
edit on 22-6-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join