It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From "The Hill" - Evangelical leader says Trump is ‘un-Christian,' endorses Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A top Evangelical leader on Tuesday called Donald Trump “un-Christian” and endorsed Hillary Clinton for president. ADVERTISEMENT “Mr. Trump’s proposals are not just un-Christian — they’re un-American and at odds with the values our country holds dearest,” said Deborah Fikes, executive advisor to the World Evangelical Alliance, a global ministry organization that works with churches in 129 countries around the world. Fikes went on to say she is “praying” for “Sister Hillary” to be elected. “Hillary Clinton is the leader who people of faith are looking for and we are praying that Sister Hillary and not Mr. Trump will be elected in November,” Fikes said.

Article at The Hill online

I realize that this was the personal opinion of one individual, but Ms. Fikes is fairly well-placed in the Evangelical movement.

Evangelicals and others on the Religious Right have been slow to warm up to Mr. Trump ... I wonder if this is the beginning of some defections in the impenetrable "Reagan Coalition" after all these years.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

By 2020 this will all seem like a weird dream and we'll be deciding between the incumbent Hillary Clinton or Rick Perry/Jeb Bush.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Oh my, I'm a fly and your op is sticky paper hanging from a ceiling.

I want to begin bashing the she evil, but then I remembered separation of church and state...and this needs to NOT matter, for a good reason.

Almost got me you sly dog

edit on 21-6-2016 by BlueJacket because: sp

edit on 21-6-2016 by BlueJacket because: damn auto correct

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Oh gawd I hope not! Please

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Oh my god, not Perry.

Ryan. Goodness even Rubio.

Not Perry, no when, no how.

/shiver

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Hillary hypnosis seems to be spreading like a wildfire !!!!

I bet there's a payoff somewhere.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While I don't disagree with her statements about Trump, her statements about Clinton are pretty ignorant. Clinton would be just as bad if not worse than Trump and I don't see how anyone thinks she would be a good president.

I hate to say it but maybe she is rooting for Clinton only because she is a woman? That's the only reason I could see her endorsing Clinton.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Oh my, I'm a fly and your op is sticky paper hanging from a ceiling.

I want to begin bashing the she evil, but then I remembered separation of church and state...and this needs to NOT matter, for a good reason.

Almost got me you sly dog

Hmmm?

Nothing to say about someone deeply involved in the Evangelical movement calling Mr. T. out on his shenanigans?

Not only that ... ENDORSING Hillary.

I'm going to be very confused if this becomes a trend.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Hillary hypnosis seems to be spreading like a wildfire !!!!

I bet there's a payoff somewhere.

2,849,208,490,123 votes for Hillary?

Aww, Xuenchen ... you shouldn't have.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
While I don't disagree with her statements about Trump, her statements about Clinton are pretty ignorant. Clinton would be just as bad if not worse than Trump and I don't see how anyone thinks she would be a good president.

I hate to say it but maybe she is rooting for Clinton only because she is a woman? That's the only reason I could see her endorsing Clinton.

Clinton will pursue another four-year-term of basic neocon foreign policy and Wall Street-focused economics.

In other words, just like the last 16 years of Presidential terms, if not more.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Romans 12
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I'd say that endorsing any candidate or participating in politics is "conforming to this world". This should be obvious to a big time Evangelical.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Romans 12
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I'd say that endorsing any candidate or participating in politics is "conforming to this world". This should be obvious to a big time Evangelical.

Well, they've been buying into that Religious Right/Moral Majority crap for about 30 years now.

I don't disagree with you. In the church I grew up in, it would have been considered blasphemy to discuss politics from the pulpit.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well my friend, I am not a big fan of mixing religion and politics. I think everyone knows the apathy I hold for Hillary and her pandering, and sure Trump doesn't represent the religious faction well either....

I won't get any stars or pats on the back, but I disdain religious people judging other people as good or bad, like somehow they have a corner on the very judgement their Judeo Christian God reserves for himself.
edit on 21-6-2016 by BlueJacket because: damn auto correct

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

More like a few million dollars for the Clinton Foundation and their cronies.

I'll wait to see if somebody can find the obvious connections.

World Evangelical Alliance.

Clinton Global initiative.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Well my friend, I am not a big fan of mixing religion and politics.

I agree completely.

Religion has been responsible for more atrocities in the history of the human race than practically anything else.

Mixing religion and politics together?

Nauseating.

“When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

A top Evangelical leader on Tuesday called Donald Trump “un-Christian” and endorsed Hillary Clinton for president. ADVERTISEMENT “Mr. Trump’s proposals are not just un-Christian — they’re un-American and at odds with the values our country holds dearest,” said Deborah Fikes

Un American eh.

Like that time the US government rounded up all the natives, and put them in fema camps of their day.

Or was it the time the US governemnt rounded up all the Japense and put them in other fema camps of that day.

Or was it the FACT that Ellis Island did NOT let everyone in this country. They were rather picky about that.

Then Ellis Island became a DEPORTATION station for Europeans.

And we sure can't forget about the Scott Act.

I swear though if a had a nickle every time I heard that and 'unchristian' BULL SNIP.

I would be richer than the pope.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It is all about the booming industry of immigrant services.

Christian organizations like lutheran social services, catholic charities and WEA have been taking in tons of government funds providing services to immigrants, both legal and illegal.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a lifelong member of the CFR endorses Clinton? What a shocker.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

RIGHT! You didn't see any mention in the news of Bill-Hillary-Chelsea attending church in the 1990's. But I did read that Bill confessed a few things to the White House priest from time to time.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It seems Hillary is the fundamentalist religious candidate.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join