It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is forced to be accepting of gays & transgenders.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

considering we were given the right to vote on gay marriage , see Ireland !

I dont think we are pushed into the idea at all we were asked if we wanted it to be legal and thankfully we voted yes

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Some people's morality has not been blunted by peer pressure or the media so this bothers them on a very deep level and 3D you are just the person she is talking about, completely intolerant of anyone who does not agree with your lifestyle.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
in before "closed for review" . As long as they stop trying to peddle these lifestyles to children not in high school yet, I don't give a damn. Mot American teenagers are already tainted by high school, so we can let the circus continue being a circus But this stuff simply needs to not be encouraged to young impressionable children, that is child abuse.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist But this stuff simply needs to not be encouraged to young impressionable children, that is child abuse.

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner, tell them what they have won! Ohh yeah the same BS rhetoric that we all get when we say that children don't need to be exposed to this at an early age. Queue Kaylaluv any moment now. (Sorry if that came off caty, wasn't meant as such)

EDIT: I don't care who you are or what ill conceived "logic" you apply to it, gender is gender, sexual identity is what it is (whatever the hell it is now) and should not be the problem lumped into a 8 year old on a playground.
edit on 22-6-2016 by sycomix because: One addendum and an apology

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: celinem

I'm going to try to make a point by reposting the OP's msg with a few changes.

"So I'm aware that I am going to receive A LOT of hate for this thread but i feel that there are others that will agree with me on this subject.

We are basically forced to be 'ok' with the idea of wearing glasses, optically challenged people and anyone who we don't consider 'normal'.

Let me say straight up - I DON'T GIVE A # if you wear glasses or contacts!!!! I don't care if you've got 40/40 vision, wear bifocals, glasses, contacts or whatever..

What really grinds my gears is that we are hounded if we do not support them..

Does anyone else agree that its complete and utter bull# that we are put down if we don't support all of the above? Am i the only one that feels pressured into supporting these people?

Opinions?"

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Barks

Yes, I have grown increasingly irate with those whos visions is not perfect 20/20 like mine. The only member of my family and extended family (not including kids) that does not require corrective devices. I firmly believe it is because I used to stare at the sun for as long as I could in the second grade. I still do it sometimes today. Fix your visions today! Stare at the SUN like I do!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

In what context outside of a select few places online is this the case?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: kaylaluv

I know that its not the same but what if your mutliple personality has gender issues

This is the next big issue. Many people have multiple personalities. And each personality has its own sexual orientation and gender identity. So, one day they are transgender male identifying as female, so want to use the ladies room, and the next day they are male, and want to use the men's restroom.

The problem is that nobody considers these people, when they see the same person using men's one day and women's the next, they think it's the same person "breaking the rules".

But, depending on the "phases of the moon", or whatever, that person's particular personality is just dominant.

So, we have to make the laws respect their rights too.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

If thats the case, then whats stopping said personality to switch to another that is the opposite.

Sounds like an argument for private restrooms rather than the free for all it has become

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

These types of people have always been on the fringe of society and were often punished or abused for it.

I'm not really suprised that it suddenly has become so much apart of society's trends and discussions. It has been supressed for a long time and now is out in the open.

Also, I believe society and humans in general have a tendency to operate in extremes. Totally for it, or totally against it.

I much rather have society be totally for it, than against it. It has been pretty rough for LGBT in the past.
edit on 22-6-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Which begs the question, why would someone choose to subject themselves to such oppression towards a lifestyle group?

Shots fired.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There is an agenda about twisting society's norms against that which is normal.

And it is okay for you to disagree with a person's lifestyle while respecting them as a person.

I understand the OP just fine.

I believe there is a God and his word tells us what is right an what is wrong.

It also teaches us to love our neighbor as ourselves, and to teach them right from wrong.

It doesn't teach us to hate people who practice what is bad in God's eyes.

I've had many a discussion with openly gay people who ask me about my faith, and none of them go away feeling as if I hate them. Quite the contrary they appreciate my viewpoints, and some even listen to what the Bible has to say about the subject. One eve admitted to me his lifestyle was wrong in God's eyes, but that he was going to do what he wanted to do.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The kind of people that rather be who they are, rather than live in suppression.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterHawkes

Have you read homosexual related bible verses? The bible teaches to be STRONGLY against homosexuality. If anything, the bible is worse than just simply hating homosexuals.

In the bible, a man offers his virgin daughters to be raped instead of commiting homosexuality. Leviticus says that homosexuals should be put to death.

I encourage you are anyone interested in this to look it up themselves. There are many translations and interpretations, so I'm not claiming to be 100% factual here. Christian Website Homosexuality Source

I'm glad you treat homosexuals with respect and kindess, but you're deluding yourself if you think the bible has the same attitude.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

But it does

Matthew 7:1-3

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

That is to say; God hates the Sin, not the sinners.

Sodom and Gomorrah is something else and out of context IMO
edit on 6222016 by Butterfinger because: yep

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

As soon as I made that statement I knew someone was going to come along and talk like you did.

I have read the Bible's verses on homosexuality. For example it states:

(1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

Now, notice it does not just talk about homosexuality in that verse. It aso talks about other things that defile a person and make them unrighteous in God's eyes.

In fact the first thing it talks about is sexual immorality. Although homosexuality is a form of sexual immorality, it is not limited to that.

There are a large majority of heterosexuals who commit sexual immorality all the time all over. In God's eyes, anyone who has sexual relations outside the scriptural bond of marriage between a man and a wife commits sexual immorality. That would include a man and a woman having intercourse who are not married, and includes things such as oral sex, anal sex, and mutual masturbation, it would also encompass incest and bestiality.

Sex is not wrong. It was made by God and humankind is supposed to enjoy it within the sacred bonds of marriage. But if you pervert it and go against the commands of God you are sinning. Are you not?

I don't hate heterosexuals who are committing sexual immorality any more than I hate homosexuals.

That scripture also refers to people who commit idolatry. There are billions of people who claim to worship the very same God of the Bible, for example Catholics who use idols in their form of worship. I know what they are doing is going against God's commands, but that doesn't mean I hate them any more than any of the rest.

In fact the list of things that the Bible condemns which people practice is not big, but most people practice one or the other. It tells us that drunkards aren't going to inherit God's kingdom. I know a lot of people who get drunk all the time.

That doesn't mean I hate them either.

I don't go around sticking the scripture in their faces either and saying: What you are doing is wrong.

Now if they ask me my opinion on the matter, of which I was asked just last Sunday, I will say, and do say, my opinion matters not at all. I am just the same as you. I make mistakes just like you. I am wrong just like you. And my understanding and viewpoint is probably just as narrow and restricted as yours is. So if I give my opinion on a certain subject I am probably more than likely to be wrong about it. Just as you would.

But God's word is true and faithful. So stick to that. Live by it. It is good. It makes you clean. It makes you wise. And it makes you happy knowing you are doing what is right.

If you steal? Steal no more. If you commit sexual immorality. Commit sexual immorality no more. If you worship idols. Worship idols no more. And you will be blessed.

If not, I will not judge you. I am no one. But there is a judge of this world and he is coming and he will judge in righteousness and in truth. And he will not judge what merely appears to the eye, and he will execute justice on the wicked and save the poor and oppressed:

(Isaiah 11:3, 4) . . .And he will find delight in the fear of Jehovah. He will not judge by what appears to his eyes, Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.  4 He will judge the lowly with fairness, And with uprightness he will give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth And put the wicked to death with the breath of his lips.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The Question is, why wouldn't you support or accept another human being that doesn't really have a choice about sexual orientation?

Do you also not accept handicapped people, people of different colors or countries of origin or eye color or hair color?

When we accept all other human beings, despite how they look or what sexual orientation they were born as, then our world can begin to heal.

Notice I didn't put religion in there, because people chose to follow a religion or not. That is a choice. Usually a bad choice.

For Clarification, when you woke up this morning, you didn't have a choice to make regarding whether you found men or women attractive, it was just there...not a choice.
edit on 22-6-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
personally I don't think anyone is asking you to be accepting, tolerant or supportive of anyone, just don't hate, discriminate or judge

I believe most of what you are describing is an internet phenomenon. It never comes up in my real life

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Well to be fair, I see it more (and perhaps it is where I live) that bigotry is no longer acceptable. So many who were free to be a waste of air (the bigots) now get called on their ideas. I put this in the same space as racists.

NOW, beyond that? Yes there seems to be a level of "retroactive discrimination" occurring in some areas. Along with though policing.

None of this changes the fact, that bigots are scum, and need to be stood on
Yes I am bigoted against them

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I don't feel pressured because I'm a rugged individualist and when someone trys to tell me what to do or what to believe they get a big middle finger right in their face and a smile to boot.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join