It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White classmates pulled black girl by the neck with a rope, lawsuit alleges:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well the attorneys did bribe the school for 3 mil not to leak it to the press.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Well the attorneys did bribe the school for 3 mil not to leak it to the press.

Yes, let's imply that the attorney's are the one's at fault here ... they gave the school a chance to settle.

The school refused. Let the chips fall where they fall. Perhaps we'll see if the chips also mysteriously get wrapped up in a rope.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Spider879

I tell you it is very difficult for me not to evoke ugly images of the Jim Crow era

How many 12 y/o do you know that are familiar with Jim Crow era or the entire lynching history? I am guessing these are simply some idiots who did something stupid, but I highly doubt they are a group of twelve year old psychopaths intent on lynching black people.

I said that as much, that's why I wanted to know the ages of the guys doing the deed.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
only in the south.....disgusting...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If she's standing in the seat the rope is taut, right? How is it "running down around her neck" ?

once something slips the rope is not taut, falling into the rope and the wrapping around the head, neck and or shoulders is not all that unimaginable. haven't you ever seen a rope being used and when the load is lost it whip and fling all around?

So, the girl doesn't act and doesn't describe the situation as you think she should to fit your scenario ... so, again, we have a taut rope coiling mysteriously around a girl's neck while she falls ... and no one helps her???

flight or fight the natural instinct, any one that has something wrapped around their neck that didn't do it themselves is gonna try and find out why or fight who ever is placing it around their neck. i don't believe she would have been passive about a rope being placed around her neck.

Even in your absurd physics-defying scenario,

nothing i have said is a "absurd physics-defying scenario" in fact if you have ever had any real life experiences you would know that.

the school is still culpable for the harm to this young lady and apparent conspiracy to minimize what happened.

again no where did i say the school isn't culpable, in fact if you look at my last post i said as much. but three mil for a child's own clumsiness, please.
edit on 20-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So it was such a serious hate crime with three white boys lynching a black girl that they went straight to an attorney and not the police? Sounds kind of odd. Explain that logic to me
edit on 20-6-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The swing is hanging. What is the condition of the rope?

The child is standing on the swing? What is the condition of the rope?

Ropes are not magical and they do not mysteriously coil of their own volition.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

So it was such a serious hate crime with three white boys lynching a black girl that they went straight to an attorney and not the police? Sounds kind of odd. Explain that logic to me

What's to explain? First of all, how do you know the police are not involved? And the girl IMMEDIATELY went to the emergency room:

When Rougely picked up her daughter the next day, she “thought KP’s neck had been ripped open and stitched back together based on how the injury appeared” and immediately took her to the emergency room, the suit says.

Second, if someone took my daughter and treated her like this, and then the school tried to cover it up, you better bet I'd go after their asses in court.

Need anything else xplained?

You're still trying to blame the victim. You should be ashamed.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm not blaming anybody. I'm simply saying that the situation doesn't make sense. If someone tries to lynching me I'm probably not going to stay at camp with those people and as a parent the first call would be to the police, not to an attorney to get a quick payday.

The girl admits she has no idea how it happened. The mom is the ONLY one in the group that thinks it was a lynching and she was the only one not at camp.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"if you know anything about bullying, you know that the one being bullied pays attention to where the bullies might be. and tries to avoid them if at all possible."

Just take a minute and think about what you just said: it's the child being bullied who is responsible for being aware of where the bullies are and avoiding them.
Great logic. Of course it's partially her fault for not staying away from her bullies on a school camp. Clearly we shouldn't tackle the core issue here, but rather wallow in the fact that children aren't doing enough to avoid their bullies... /sarcasm

Racial issue aside, the school is negligent for failing to protect the child from injury, but moreso for not informing the parents of the injury sustained whilst under their supervision.

I'd say she and her parents are entitled to compensation for the schools lack of care, it would be horrific seeing your child after an overnight trip with rope marks around their neck. Especially in the south considering their fond history of racism and lynchings.

Maybe it's different in America, but schools here (especially private schools) are so diligent and insistent in their protection of students, to the point where my parents were called when my brother suffered moderatley severe sunburn on a school camp. You'd think it would be the logical thing to do.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Assuming you know the parents first response is pretty ignorant man. None of us know it, and none of us should act as if we do. But why would they call the police when it is clearly an issue with the school? I bet if they'd gone to the police everyone would be calling them sensationalists attempting to ignite racial tension from an innocent incident. There's no logic here sometimes.

But considering the child had previously been bullied it is understandable why the parents are insistent it was bullying and at the very least supervisory negligence. I'd sue too: there's no universe in which a teacher wouldn't contact a parent if an accident like this happened, so it's bizarre that this school did nothing.

Bullying aside: a child sustained a bad injury on a school camp and the parents were not contacted immediately, that would be considered a severe breach of policy within almost every school in my state.

How negligent and dangerous to not bother informing parents that their child was injured, whether by accident or by bullies. Your child is sent away in the trust and care of these staff members and they can't even pick up a phone to let someone know their child has been hurt. Nonsensical.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I see a lot of people here caught up in stereo types with this one..

I do not know what happened, nobody on this board knows for sure what happened...

But how many people went.. Only in the south... or it was in the south figures...

Here is a pro tip folks.. yes lynchings happened... the last official lynching recorded according to Google was 1968... I am 43 that was before my time... whole lot of people live in the south that were not even alive when this happened so lay off on the only in the south rhetoric and lets wait on some *gasp* facts before we demonize everyone that lives in the south.

I hope they actually investigate instead of running with the these little white boys must be klan members... sometimes kids do stupid things... and odds are high it was something stupid kids do that went sideways.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

the girl loses her grip on the rope slips and falls off the seat, what is the condition of the rope?
don't know? no load to keep the rope taut, rope is free to move and or swing in any direction.

she could have easily slipped and fallen, she falls forward into the rope head first,as the rope is ether swinging or just hanging there.

when i was in boot camp we had a guy lose his grip and fail off the one of the ropes and the rope wrapped around his leg, the DIs had to climb the ropes next to him and help him down. care to take a guess what condition the rope was in before his leg came into contact with the rope during the fall? no? it was moving around.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Don't be like obama and jump to conclusions, please... That doesn't even look like a rope burn or cut unless they were able to keep it in one spot and pull the rope back and forth. That kind of mark doesn't come from jerking someone down.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The story even says allegedly, meaning without proof. Geez guys. Let the facts play out before you jump to conclusions.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

That seems like the only part you're worried about. Most of us are concerned about getting the truth before claiming facts.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sepium

stop trying to twist my words. if you ask any child that is being bullied most will tell you that they try avoid being any where the bullies are. not that they are responsible for their own safety, it's that they don't want to be bullied. by not being where the bullies are is one way of it not happening.

i was bullied, all through the 7th and 8th grade, by a big ass red neck. i told the school principal about it a couple of times, my parents even got involved a couple of times.
he would always come back and do it some more. then one day after i bounced a desk off his head, and then jumped on top of him pounding his face with my history book that sh@@ stopped. and no one else ____ with me after that.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If she was bullied as much as she claims, she wouldn't have attended and stayed over at some after school event with all of those bullies. Just my honest opinion. This entire story sounds like a lawyer dropping words he thinks will earn the heart of the jury so the girl can get money. The lawyer doesn't even know what happened other than what he has been told.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This is too reminiscent of Sharmeka Moffitt's claims that three white guys scratched racial slurs on her car and set her on fire at a park in Louisiana.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

"Now I can see her standing on the seat and falling and the rope wrapping around her neck."

And that's most likely what happened and the kids laughed at her so she decided she'd get back at them. You don't simply walk up to someone and wrap a rope swing around their neck while the swing is still in the tree.

She was probably twisting around in it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join