It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Origin Live Webcast starting now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hello all, this thread will be short and sweet... Blue Origin is doing their 4th launch/landing today. They are live wbcasting this event. It's actually starting now!!! Please go to www.blueorigin.com Also, they are doing a parachute fail test on the returning crew capsule today... Enjoy everyone and lets hope for a safe flight/return!

Blue Origin
edit on 19-6-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Very cool.

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just incredible... SpaceX hasn't reused a rocket once, and Blue Origin is reusing theirs and refurbishing them for the "low thousands" of dollars between flights... INCREDIBLE!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Nailed It!!!! Congrats Blue Origin!! Launch-Land-Repeat!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That landing of the rocket was cool, looked like something straight out of a sci-fi movie

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Missed the live--way too early. Is there a vid of it? looked on the site and did not find it.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That's because Blue Origin doesn't go into orbit like SpaceX does. They're two different launch systems.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thank you for posting the replay. That was awesome. Both landings were perfect.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
wow! that was pretty amazing.

It's crazy how fast it was falling back down, and that they were able to slow it down and land so perfectly.

Exciting is the future.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yes GoShredAK the future is exciting. Knowing you I bet you would want to be one of the crew!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Just incredible... SpaceX hasn't reused a rocket once, and Blue Origin is reusing theirs and refurbishing them for the "low thousands" of dollars between flights... INCREDIBLE!!!!

How many satellites has Blue Origin put into orbit? What is its revenue stream from customers (as opposed to Bezos' billions)? Oh, it's cool, I admit, but SpaceX is beyond the experiment-only phase and is actually doing useful stuff and collecting money from customers.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The flight was impressive. The announcers were so underwhelming it was almost painful to watch. They really need to appeal more to people that want to hear semi-intelligent information. There was nothing at all mentioned that would educate someone beyond a kindergarten understanding.

Excerpts:
Announcer: "You can see the launch tower there... that's the thing just to the right of the rocket."
Me: "Really???"

Announcer: "So when there are astronauts that want to board this rocket what they do is climb up that launch tower."
Me: !

Announcer: "On this mission they are are going to have three payloads."
Me: "Great! What kind of payloads??, Does someone who doesn't know what a launch tower is have any idea what a payload is?"

Announcer: Big pause while they think of something to talk about. "... Yeah, here in the desert it does chill down at night..." Big pause ... talk about drivel that a five year old would appreciate, big pause more drivel. Weird sounds happen...nothing is mentioned about them. Talks about something else then "We should here a sound any minute now ... we already heard it actually." Big pause while they try to come up with something interesting to mention... then they nail it! ..."Again, a beauuuutiful shot of the New Shepard Rocket." pause....

Maybe I've just really been spoiled by the embedded format and exciting style of Nautilus Live, but at this point I turned down the volume and just skipped to the highlights.

It's difficult to compete with the dry, sterilized announcer style that eventually killed public interest in NASA but BO has manged to do it. I'm imaging pale, socially inept people in polyester pants, ties and comb-overs behind the microphones.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
The flight was impressive. The announcers were so underwhelming it was almost painful to watch. They really need to appeal more to people that want to hear semi-intelligent information. There was nothing at all mentioned that would educate someone beyond a kindergarten understanding.

They should have cut over to Launch Control several minutes prior to launch so we could hear THEM. "Go Flight!" and all that has always been more exciting than this kind of lame narration.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: jhn7537

How many satellites has Blue Origin put into orbit? What is its revenue stream from customers (as opposed to Bezos' billions)? Oh, it's cool, I admit, but SpaceX is beyond the experiment-only phase and is actually doing useful stuff and collecting money from customers.

SpaceX is nowhere near a reusable rocket yet. Blue is refurbishing theirs for the low thousands... Now, as they move from the BE-3 engine (sub-orbital) to the BE-4 (orbital) they will essentially be scaling their design up. You guys may believe SpaceX is in some league of their own, but Blue is right on their tale.

Delivery payloads to space is nice and all, but if they can't find a way to make their rocket reusable (like Blue), then Blue is going to pass them up once the BE-4 is finished.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's because Blue Origin doesn't go into orbit like SpaceX does. They're two different launch systems.

Correct, the BE-3 is suborbital, while the BE-4 will be their orbital rocket.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yes GoShredAK the future is exciting. Knowing you I bet you would want to be one of the crew!

Well Q..........That would be amazing, but i get pretty bad anxiety from flying. Especially if there is any turbulence.

That looks claustrophobic and horrible.

I watch these people in rockets and wonder how the heck they get the guts to commit to launching into space. I wonder whats going through there heads. If they're nervous or excited or what?

I would be terrified.

I would be scared to go on a roller coaster lol.

There is something much more peaceful about boards. probably just being in control.....

new topics

top topics

join